2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also an international (Canadian), 517, 3.7 and I'm still waiting to hear back about an II. I think they might be interviewing internationals later because I haven't heard of anyone getting an II yet. Really hoping to hear back, Nova is one of my top choices. I love warm weather.
Your MCAT is great. Did you apply to md schools

Members don't see this ad.

My friend (who is a current DO student at Nova) just sent me this email. Thought I would share with those of you interested in the MD program!

Attachments

• IMG_5627.jpg
    IMG_5627.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend (who is a current DO student at Nova) just sent me this email. Thought I would share with those of you interested in the MD program!
That's great, yes, I wonder if we can apply for MD there this year too? thx for sharing

That's great, yes, I wonder if we can apply for MD there this year too? thx for sharing
So can people start applying now?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, you can apply this year and the first class will matriculate in August 2018. Like the above poster said, they are expecting to be available to receive applications via AMCAS in late October.

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea how competitive this application process will be (for the new MD program)? How many applications are they likely to get, given it's October and many have already submitted their applications and aren't paying attention to new school openings anymore?

Any idea how competitive this application process will be (for the new MD program)? How many applications are they likely to get, given it's October and many have already submitted their applications and aren't paying attention to new school openings anymore?
This is only speculation, but I'm willing to bet around 2000 applicants. Washington State's new medical school (ESFCOM) was in a similar situation last year (started accepting primaries in November IIRC) and they received around 700 applications when only accepting in-state applicants. Id imagine the number is going to be much higher for a school accepting OOS applications too.

Edit: And their 700 applications were received in the 1 month period of accepting primaries. Although, I think the number of completed secondaries was lower because they had a fair amount of essay questions.

Last edited:
Interview Invite today! Complete August 31!! But I am in the dual program..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys so I sent my secondary a couple weeks ago, but I noticed I never really had a chance to talk about a job that I currently work and is probably a big reason why I have been fortunate with getting other interviews. I also got this job after I submitted my primary so they do not know about it. Do you think sending an email to admissions about it would be appropriate?

Hey guys so I sent my secondary a couple weeks ago, but I noticed I never really had a chance to talk about a job that I currently work and is probably a big reason why I have been fortunate with getting other interviews. I also got this job after I submitted my primary so they do not know about it. Do you think sending an email to admissions about it would be appropriate?
It can't hurt but I doubt it will have any bearing on an interview decision.

For those of you who have interviewed here so far, was there anything that we need to bring to the interview or any personal information that we may need? (AKA: CAS ID, license, etc.) Sorry if this was already answered

Little surprised I haven't gotten some love here... Based on their secondary application and rotations, I thought they would love my rural-heavy application.

Little surprised I haven't gotten some love here... Based on their secondary application and rotations, I thought they would love my rural-heavy application.
You're not the only one. I've gotten a lot of interviews but none of them were NOVA. And I'm in state too.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

You're not the only one. I've gotten a lot of interviews but none of them were NOVA. And I'm in state too.

Same boat.

Last year I read somewhere that they get 10-12k apps per cycle. Total game of luck when you're competing against that many people.

I recommend you to write a letter of intent, talk about the job and why are the reasons you want to go to Nova....good luck

+1! Thought this one would have come by now

Have they sent out any rejections yet or have they put everyone on hold that didn’t get II?
I was complete Aug 11

Accepted just a bit ago.❤️❤️❤️ First one and I honestly cried a bit.

508, interviewed on 10/12, 3.89.
Complete from early July. Initial interview was for 9/7.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed 10/3

I can’t stop checking this page for updates. Nova is my dream school and I’m just so anxious to hear from them. My cGPA is 3.85 and my sGPA is 3.7, but I have a 502 MCAT. The other aspects of my application are pretty decent. It’s also impossible to find averages for this school, but from what I’ve heard they like high stats. Do you guys think I have a chance?

I can’t stop checking this page for updates. Nova is my dream school and I’m just so anxious to hear from them. My cGPA is 3.85 and my sGPA is 3.7, but I have a 502 MCAT. The other aspects of my application are pretty decent. It’s also impossible to find averages for this school, but from what I’ve heard they like high stats. Do you guys think I have a chance?
Do people know if this school prefers high GPA or high MCAT?

Is the new MD school not taking applications through amcas?

@Goro

Do people know if this school prefers high GPA or high MCAT?

I got in with a 3.4 gpa and 504 mcat. Also out of state and Asian lol. If you write a good story and have work experience like I did you got a shot. Many in my society are non traditional students which is a pretty cool aspect of nova (KPCOM)...

II today!
Congrats!! I was complete right around your date so this gives me hope, when is your interview date/ what are your stats if you care sharing?? Wishing you all the luck!!

Is it normal for them to call you to tell you your application is complete? They called me about that today..