2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long after II do they send out/ or call for acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing tomorrow?
See ya all on campus!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else waiting for an II from this school so you can have an excuse to vacation for two days in Lauderdale/Miami?
no one ........... ? just me .......... ? Okay.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else waiting for an II from this school so you can have an excuse to vacation for two days in Lauderdale/Miami?
Sorry, it's just you.
I already have the excuse!!

Reactions: 1 user
How many other interviews have you had? I love the area but having to spend $300+ more to interview is so daunting after all this money already spent. Excited nonetheless!

How many other interviews have you had? I love the area but having to spend $300+ more to interview is so daunting after all this money already spent. Excited nonetheless!

I have attended 6 interviews, and my 7th one is coming up next week. It sucks spending such amount of money, but honestly it's a small dent compared to the debt we will have once we come out 4 years later. I decided to go to these interviews so I don't miss out on an opportunity on a good school, as various people have differing opinions. For example, RVU is known to be one of the top schools in the DO world, but I didn't feel good there so I turned down an acceptance to that school.

I have attended 6 interviews, and my 7th one is coming up next week. It sucks spending such amount of money, but honestly it's a small dent compared to the debt we will have once we come out 4 years later. I decided to go to these interviews so I don't miss out on an opportunity on a good school, as various people have differing opinions. For example, RVU is known to be one of the top schools in the DO world, but I didn't feel good there so I turned down an acceptance to that school.
Yeah I agree 100%! Any other acceptances besides RVU?

Did anyone else receive an email from AMSINFO thanking them for their application?
I applied months ago and am wondering if this is a system error or if it means something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else receive an email from AMSINFO thanking them for their application?
I applied months ago and am wondering if this is a system error or if it means something.

I interviewed like there like 2 weeks ago and just received this email as well. It seems like an email that we should've gotten when we first sent in our apps... definitely odd. I have no idea what to make of it.

I interviewed like there like 2 weeks ago and just received this email as well. It seems like an email that we should've gotten when we first sent in our apps... definitely odd. I have no idea what to make of it.

Ya I just got this email too and I interviewed like 2 weeks ago as well. The email says its from Enrollment services and at the interview, they said that they were going to mail our decision....so maybe we were accepted and the paper decision just hasn't come in yet or this was an accident. This is my best guess.

Have you interviewed or are you still waiting for an II?

Ya I just got this email too and I interviewed like 2 weeks ago as well. The email says its from Enrollment services and at the interview, they said that they were going to mail our decision....so maybe we were accepted and the paper decision just hasn't come in yet or this was an accident. This is my best guess.

I found this: Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

Not sure if they are talking about the AMSINFO email or another one about "missing transcripts". I hope you're right about the acceptances but until I get anything concrete I guess I'll keep smashing F5 on here and my email

Does your account state that you are missing any info or documents? I logged into my account and it doesnt say anything about an interview or missing documents.

Mine hasn't changed since I submitted my secondary. In this new mystery email, I did finally get a NSU ID but in talking with other interviewees, they received theirs when they submitted their secondaries.

EDIT: check the bottom of page 3 of this thread... unfortunately i think the email is really late and doesn't mean anything at this point :(

Last edited:
Tennisgrl46, I highly recommend you call them or keep an eye on your mail in the next couple of days. Congratulations

:hardy:

I wonder if the current student here can tell how hard the medical Spanish is. I have zero previous knowledge to Spanish and I am concerned.

Just received my acceptance email!

I wonder if the current student here can tell how hard the medical Spanish is. I have zero previous knowledge to Spanish and I am concerned.

Don't be concerned. I heard it was relatively easy and it assumes that you've never taken Spanish before.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my acceptance email as well! Nova is one of my top schools too! :)

Interview was on October 26.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just received my acceptance email!

Don't be concerned. I heard it was relatively easy and it assumes that you've never taken Spanish before.
AYYYYYYY Congratz!

I just received an II interview literally a few minutes ago lol....I guess they were working late.

I had afternoon flight but it was ok I did not get to the bus tour though.
I recommend take some time and go to the beach!

Interviewed here yesterday. It's an amazing school. I can second what most people have said about the interview process - it's really chill and the interview itself is pretty short. If anyone has questions, feel free to DM me!

Humans who have flown: what is a safe time to fly back at?

They ask in the very beginning of the day what time people's flights are/which airport they're flying out of so they can make sure nobody misses fights. I wouldn't recommend flying out of Miami unless you do so early the next AM. The traffic can be a nightmare during rush hour, which you would fall smack dab in the middle of.

I also found the interview day to be pretty chill. Just about everyone was super nice, faculty and students included! The interview itself was more ambiguous; I would try not to have too many expectations about it. Mine was not very conversational. Like everyone else has said, just know your application and your motivations well.

As for medical Spanish: the guy who gave a speech at lunch said he was initially very intimidated by the requirement and he got through the process well, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it! Based on my experiences with working healthcare providers, your Spanish does not have to be advanced to get through a simple physical exam. You’d just need an interpreter for complicated statements, and know how to reveal your limited mastery of Spanish and ask the patient to please speak slowly and simply. In most patient encounters I have not seen that an interpreter was needed, but if you work for a hospital they should be available.

They also have this video, which I found pretty helpful.

Accepted last night through email!!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Interview cancelled. Good luck everyone!

Thanks! You too! We interviewed the same day :laugh: If you decide to attend, I hope to see you there!
Yeah you too!! I’m the person with the twin if you remember lol. We are heavily considering NOVA.

I also found the interview day to be pretty chill. Just about everyone was super nice, faculty and students included! The interview itself was more ambiguous; I would try not to have too many expectations about it. Mine was not very conversational. Like everyone else has said, just know your application and your motivations well.

I would tend to agree with the “don’t have expectations” notion. My interview happened to be very conversational and really positive. I think that was just luck of the draw, though. The person that interviewed immediately before me felt like our interviewers were a little cold. I didn’t get that vibe from them in the slightest. Also agree - know your path to medicine, motivations, and your activities. Good luck all!

I would tend to agree with the “don’t have expectations” notion. My interview happened to be very conversational and really positive. I think that was just luck of the draw, though. The person that interviewed immediately before me felt like our interviewers were a little cold. I didn’t get that vibe from them in the slightest. Also agree - know your path to medicine, motivations, and your activities. Good luck all!
I second this. My interview was not very conversational and I felt like it was mostly one way with them just asking me the typical questions.

To current students, if you choose a rural hospital for your 3rd year mandatory rotations (if there is any available), is it possible to avoid the 4th year rural rotation?
And do OMM/Research fellows gets priority when they do the lottery?

To current students, if you choose a rural hospital for your 3rd year mandatory rotations (if there is any available), is it possible to avoid the 4th year rural rotation?
And do OMM/Research fellows gets priority when they do the lottery?

I am fairly certain no particular type of students get preference within the lottery.