2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to those who got accepted!! :D I made a Facebook group for NSUCOM class of 2022 for those who plan on attending NSU next fall (like me).

Link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many interviews NSU COM gives every year?

Does anyone know how many interviews NSU COM gives every year?

I found this on the US News Report website. This was for last year's cycle I believe, but roughly 10% of total applicants which was about ~700 people.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
$1,250 deposit due in less than a month! *sharp breath* It’s going to be tough to scrounge up that kind of money to secure this spot...

Anyone received II lately? I have been complete since October 5th and still nothing :(

So I logged into my portal thingy today and I noticed that where it says "transcripts" it's listing my transcripts from community college credits I took while in high school from when I applied to Nova for undergrad. Has this happened to anyone before? Should I give them a call about this?

$1,250 deposit due in less than a month! *sharp breath* It’s going to be tough to scrounge up that kind of money to secure this spot...
My other school that I will interview is no rolling and won't tell me my fate until some time in March sigh

My other school that I will interview is no rolling and won't tell me my fate until some time in March sigh

Same boat here—I’m on the hold list for one MD I would really love to attend and will receive weekly updates (could be continued hold, rejection or acceptance) virtually indefinitely as of now...and the other one I really feel is a good fit for me might not get back to me until April! I’d be more than happy to go to NSU, but both the MDs seriously impressed me and made me feel like I would be at home studying there.

We’ve just gotta hang in there, comrade! It’s a long journey!

Same boat here—I’m on the hold list for one MD I would really love to attend and will receive weekly updates (could be continued hold, rejection or acceptance) virtually indefinitely as of now...and the other one I really feel is a good fit for me might not get back to me until April! I’d be more than happy to go to NSU, but both the MDs seriously impressed me and made me feel like I would be at home studying there.

We’ve just gotta hang in there, comrade! It’s a long journey!
Well, at least you will hear from them from time to time... Are you interested in visiting NSU for a second view day some time soon? I feel like going and talk to some faculty and omm and research fellows.

Well, at least you will hear from them from time to time... Are you interested in visiting NSU for a second view day some time soon? I feel like going and talk to some faculty and omm and research fellows.

True!

I’m sure it would be nice to do that, but I’m already missing a lot of work for interviews, and I mostly support myself financially. Let us know how that goes for you! :)

Complete since 9/18, 511 MCAT, 3.3sGPA 3.5cGPA, 2.5 years research, 3 years scribe experience, experience in rural medicine. I haven't heard anything and I'm going crazy. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
True!

I’m sure it would be nice to do that, but I’m already missing a lot of work for interviews, and I mostly support myself financially. Let us know how that goes for you! :)
Would maybe explaining your situation to them help? Express the interest and maybe they'll offer some kind of leeway?

Complete since 9/18, 511 MCAT, 3.3sGPA 3.5cGPA, 2.5 years research, 3 years scribe experience, experience in rural medicine. I haven't heard anything and I'm going crazy. :(

You sound like a good candidate! I’d give it some time :)

Would maybe explaining your situation to them help? Express the interest and maybe they'll offer some kind of leeway?

I feel like I should look into the other schools before revisting one where I already have an acceptance—kind of an opportunity cost perspective. But that is an excellent idea!

I've been complete since the last week of August, haven't heard. I'd give it time since I heard they were really backed up with the hurricane. And the holidays are approaching now too.

Reactions: 2 users
I have stats similar to yours with a lower MCAT and no research and way less clinical experience. But two days ago I sent them an update and reaffirmed my interest in the school. I got an II today and scheuled it for December 5th. All that to say, don't lose hope. You are a competitive candidate

Reactions: 1 users
I have stats similar to yours with a lower MCAT and no research and way less clinical experience. But two days ago I sent them an update and reaffirmed my interest in the school. I got an II today and scheuled it for December 5th. All that to say, don't lose hope. You are a competitive candidate
Did you email it to them or mail it? Because on the admissions page it says to mail updates. And thank you!!!

I remember hearing the med students at the interview say that everyone has an ipad/tablet for exams, note-taking, etc. Does anyone know if a tablet/ipad is mandatory? Just want to check before black Friday!

Did you email it to them or mail it? Because on the admissions page it says to mail updates. And thank you!!!
I called and they gave me an email address to send it to. You're welcome. I really meant it. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

When were you complete Aarma?

I remember hearing the med students at the interview say that everyone has an ipad/tablet for exams, note-taking, etc. Does anyone know if a tablet/ipad is mandatory? Just want to check before black Friday!

An iPad is indeed required for exams!

I called and they gave me an email address to send it to. You're welcome. I really meant it. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

Check out that spirit of camaraderie! Warms my heart :) Happy Thanksgiving!

When I went to my interview, the M2 told me an ipad is required

Yep, it's required. And you are responsible for paying for it.

Can I use a non-ios device? Like an Android tablet? I am really surprised they do not keep a stock of iPad that they can reuse
From what the students told me, not only does it have to be an iPad, but you have to check it and make sure that it has the right software to run the program they use for test-taking. So, I think they're pretty strict about iPad only, though perhaps if the test-taking software worked on your Android they would let you use it?

From what the students told me, not only does it have to be an iPad, but you have to check it and make sure that it has the right software to run the program they use for test-taking. So, I think they're pretty strict about iPad only, though perhaps if the test-taking software worked on your Android they would let you use it?
To add to this, the only real way to find out is to email/call Nova yourself and ask.

Did you get a response after you sent the update? I sent an update about a month ago and never heard anything back..

Did you get a response after you sent the update? I sent an update about a month ago and never heard anything back..
No I didn't get an answer this time. Just an email letting me know about the II. But the first time I reached out because I wanted to make changes to my application I got an answer the following day. Maybe you should call them to make sure they received your updates ?

Accepted! Interviewed on 11/7

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else interviewing here on 12/5? I'm super stoked about this school!

Good luck to you both! I'll be there on the 7th

I will ! I am completely freaking out !
Trust me I am too! I've heard positive things about the interview experience though so I'm sure it will go well

Trust me I am too! I've heard positive things about the interview experience though so I'm sure it will go well
It depends on your interviewer, but for mine it was almost entirely conversational and based off of my resume. I asked the other interviewees at the time and they seemed to have similar experiences. My twin brother unluckily had an interviewer who was stoic the entire time. Regardless, this was the easiest interview of the season for me so far!

For those of you that got IIs, how long after being complete did you receive them? I called admissions today for an inquiry about my application and they said they have already reviewed my application and I just need to give it some more time for them to reach out to me. My application was complete 10/25 so it's been like a month.

For those of you that got IIs, how long after being complete did you receive them? I called admissions today for an inquiry about my application and they said they have already reviewed my application and I just need to give it some more time for them to reach out to me. My application was complete 10/25 so it's been like a month.

I've been complete since like June 27th! I called a few weeks ago and they told me the same.

I've been complete since like June 27th! I called a few weeks ago and they told me the same.

Damn... looks like it's gonna be a long cycle lol. I wish they were a little faster with their decision making. I was complete for KCUMB 11/13 and received an II from them 2 weeks later!

Is it true that those accepted to the DO program before 12/1 are given the option of being a part of the inaugural MD class? I know a lot of you all on here have received acceptances already, so wanted to see if anyone can confirm!

Is it true that those accepted to the DO program before 12/1 are given the option of being a part of the inaugural MD class? I know a lot of you all on here have received acceptances already, so wanted to see if anyone can confirm!

I’m curious about this, too. I didn’t hear anything about it while interviewing, and it seemed like it was a totally different application process...

This is highly unlikely, the two programs have different admission teams. I heard they will accept application from OMS1 students at do program ( which means you need to repeat a year of med school)

^^^ No... I wasn't offered the MD school and I don't think anyone else was. In the interview they made it seem like two entirely different entities. 2 buildings, 2 deans, 2 different curriculums.

^^^ No... I wasn't offered the MD school and I don't think anyone else was. In the interview they made it seem like two entirely different entities. 2 buildings, 2 deans, 2 different curriculums.
One building... Md program is one floor above do offices.. they are all in Terry

I wonder what they will do with study spaces. I heard unreliable rumors that there will be study spaces only open to md students. If that's the case, I will be really unhappy.

I withdrew my II from here back in September, and I hope its not true!!

Hi everyone,

Is NOVA COM a good DO school in general? What is the reputation of NOVA?

Thanks in advance!