2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is NOVA one of the only schools that does not pre-screen for secondaries? I received an invitation for their secondary application without having my MCAT score back yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptance deferred to the Fall of 2019

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
After nearly 7 months post-interview I got the acceptance video an hour ago...OMG this feels unreal! First Medical School Acceptance in the US and you best believe I'm taking this opportunity! Just wanted to thank everyone here for your continued support these past few months and wish you all the best for your future endeavors!

Reactions: 11 users
After nearly 7 months post-interview I got the acceptance video an hour ago...OMG this feels unreal! First Medical School Acceptance in the US and you best believe I'm taking this opportunity! Just wanted to thank everyone here for your continued support these past few months and wish you all the best for your future endeavors!

Omg congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you!

Congrats! Hopefully we join you!

hey everyone, does anyone know if the probability of WL movement from now until when school starts (~30 days)?

hey guys! does anyone know what the class attendance policy at NSU is?

hey everyone, does anyone know if the probability of WL movement from now until when school starts (~30 days)?
I don't necessarily know, my last email with Ms. Medina she said that movement has been slower this year than in previous years but the movement is completely dependent on who has the seats currently. So if someone drops it, then a seat opens up and then someone takes it. I know that if you are relatively high on the waitlist, you get an email saying that you're high on the waitlist and asking if you are still interested. A bunch of people on the forum got that email and got in a week or two after. But i havent heard of someone getting in this year at least without that email this late in the game.

I got the email saying im high on the waitlist about 6 weeks ago and havent heard anything since, but i have heard people get the same email after me and get in before me. So idk what's going on with that, might just be an outlier. I don't think that there is a clear ranking system, they determine a group of people are higher than others and when a seat opens up, they select from the group so ive just been unlucky

Why don't you attend this year, if you don't mind me asking?

Wanted to finish my master's program and have more time to mentally prepare. I was taken off a waitlist a couple months before I would have to start medical school. I have not even taken time out to enjoy myself in a long time and I realize that in medical school I really won't have time for that. So I rather continue this masters program and take this year to enjoy myself and life in general prior to matriculating.

Has there been any more WL movement? It's getting close to the start date so I'm starting to lose hope :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email about being high on the waitlist and asking me if i was still interested about 8 weeks ago now and i still havent heard anything :0 sent in a LOI, enrolled in biochem, and have been emailing somewhat often too

Got an email saying I was among a group of candidates on the WL for consideration and asking if still interested this morning.

Seems like they're having a decent amount of movement right now, but just wondering how many people they have on the waitlist.

Got a high on the waitlist email today, but I removed myself from consideration. Good luck to all of you! :D

Got an email saying I was among a group of candidates on the WL for consideration and asking if still interested this morning.
I also received this email this morning. Is it the same as being high on the waitlist of are they just saying I havent been rejected from the waitlist yet?

Does anyone know if the email saying "among a group of candidates on the WL for consideration" is the same as high priority or not?

Does anyone know if the email saying "among a group of candidates on the WL for consideration" is the same as high priority or not?
Not really sure. My email said that I was among a group of candidates that were high on the WL that were being considered. I received this email May 16. Since then I enrolled in a biochem course and sent them a letter of intent. I havent heard anything back from them since then tho :/ been 8 weeks. I think im an anomaly, most people who have gotten this email have gotten in within a month max of receiving, some even two days after. They all posted on this ^^ if you scroll up. Best of luck to all of you and fingers crossed for us!!

Can any current students comment on the best place to get scrubs?

Also, does anyone have any apartment recommendations? Everything is crazy expensive lol.

Can any current students comment on the best place to get scrubs?

Also, does anyone have any apartment recommendations? Everything is crazy expensive lol.
You can buy any scrubs from any where but they have to be ciel blue. Figs are popular but expensive.

Yes everything here is crazy expensive. I live at Centro at Davie. It’s more expensive than I would like but location, location, location. People are spread throughout different living situations- apartments, rented condos, purchased condos, some even purchased homes if they have a working SO with income, and still others are from the area and live with family.

You can buy any scrubs from any where but they have to be ciel blue. Figs are popular but expensive.

Yes everything here is crazy expensive. I live at Centro at Davie. It’s more expensive than I would like but location, location, location. People are spread throughout different living situations- apartments, rented condos, purchased condos, some even purchased homes if they have a working SO with income, and still others are from the area and live with family.

Thank you for the response!! Do you know if it will be Pass/Fail starting this year? I keep reading conflicting information about it.

anyone hear anything recently in terms of getting off of the waitlist or getting an email that said they were high on the current waitlist??

havent heard nothin back, n I heard some of my homies friends recently got accepted last week and few weeks earlier.
tired of this school, pretty pissed tbh but what ya boi gonna do, i spent from my childhood at all of nova and everything til now.
they say 'ohoo we want people who show interest fo our school n shi'. tf you mean homie yall obviosuly aint dont want none of us sendin yall mad updates n love and **** and yall aint want people who've spent thousands of hours on nova grounds or more idk how much b. but tf i know whats goin throu they lyin minds. jus ranting, obv a throwaway, obv not how yaboi actually types.

Quick question about interview day! I am interviewing on Aug. 21 for this new cycle. I booked a hotel for the night before, so I need to check out before the interview the next day. Are we allowed to store luggage or carry a backpack during interview day?

Thanks!

Quick question about interview day! I am interviewing on Aug. 21 for this new cycle. I booked a hotel for the night before, so I need to check out before the interview the next day. Are we allowed to store luggage or carry a backpack during interview day?

Thanks!
Hey! Yes, I would email to confirm, but I think that they have a safe spot in one of their offices for people that are interviewing to store their luggage. Good luck on the interview!

Thanks!
Yes, during my interview day people brought their luggage. They will take your luggage for safe keeping when you sign in for your interview.

Considering that the white coat ceremony for the incoming class is tomorrow morning, I doubt there will be any more movement on the waitlist at this time. I just wanted to say congratulations to all of those on this forum attending this year and also thank you for all of the help answering my questions. Despite Nova not working out for me this year, I am blessed to have a spot elsewhere next year! Best of luck to all of those applying again! Keep working hard! It pays off and if medicine is for you, it will truly be worth it.

Considering that the white coat ceremony for the incoming class is tomorrow morning, I doubt there will be any more movement on the waitlist at this time. I just wanted to say congratulations to all of those on this forum attending this year and also thank you for all of the help answering my questions. Despite Nova not working out for me this year, I am blessed to have a spot elsewhere next year! Best of luck to all of those applying again! Keep working hard! It pays off and if medicine is for you, it will truly be worth it.
2 or 3 from my class got accepted 3 days into orientation so there’s still some hope for y’all.

Does that mean three people dropped during orientation?

At least one was a no call no show. We all had to sign-in the first day of orientation and I remember them coming in the room repeatedly calling out name(s? Too long ago to remember) to see if they missed the check-in tables. And I heard of some joining us during orientation week but I’m not sure details.

does anyone know how many days orientation is and when this year's first day of actual class is? I know orientation is on Monday.

does anyone know how many days orientation is and when this year's first day of actual class is? I know orientation is on Monday.

Orientation is the first week, but they start blending a couples classes in during. Not sure when they would actually cut off adjusting the class.