2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys with II’s mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!
are u guys IS or OOS

i have 3.33/3.18 (aka bad gpa) but a 518, letter from DO, and my stepdad went to nova, but I'm OOS. also no gaps in EC's. anyone wanna say WAMC at interview here??
ugh really need bc my parents are up my butt rn about something.

Edit: says on ur flair's ur OOS. getting more hopeful.

Edit: also what dates are available?

Edit: had to lower my gpa bc my aacomas gpa is lower than my amcas

Last edited:
Guess it's true that if you get an interview, you're basically in because I swear I was probably the last on the waitlist lol.
I am so excited for you. Your acceptance gives me some hope since we have similar states and I have a lot of clinical work experience as well.

Could you tell us when again your application was completed last year? And your II date?

II as well this morning!

Reactions: 3 users
Any Canadian received II from this school?

I am so excited for you. Your acceptance gives me some hope since we have similar states and I have a lot of clinical work experience as well.

Could you tell us when again your application was completed last year? And your II date?
My app wasn't completed until November. It was the only II I got and that was all the way in March. If you get an invite you're basically in because they only interview roughly double the class size.

Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!!

3.5 sgpa and cgpa 508 mcat

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing here. Complete 6/30
3.27 Undergrad Gpa/3.8 grad Gpa 511 Mcat

Are interviews still coming out today or was there only a single batch sent out in the morning? I was complete June 20th and have heard nothing thus far :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if it's late to be completed by july 30/ early august. I am waiting on just one LOR :(

Complete 7/3. Looks like they're inviting 3.5+ right now

I feel like most of the people getting interviews at the moment are people that see the school as a fallback and will end up at an MD school though. Should be a lot more interviews to come

I feel like most of the people getting interviews at the moment are people that see the school as a fallback and will end up at an MD school though. Should be a lot more interviews to come

Totally. I see a lot of 4.0s getting interviews at schools with 3.4 averages lol. I'm like Mmk, I'll wait.

Totally. I see a lot of 4.0s getting interviews at schools with 3.4 averages lol. I'm like Mmk, I'll wait.
Most people that go to MD programs apply to DO schools as a fall back. So the earliest interviews are most likely those people who are waiting on their top schools still. When they have to accept and pay the 1500 to reserve the seat they most likely will decline though.

Most people that go to MD programs apply to DO schools as a fall back. So the earliest interviews are most likely those people who are waiting on their top schools still. When they have to accept and pay the 1500 to reserve the seat they most likely will decline though.
What's the policy with that? Do you have to accept or decline before a certain deadline for DO?

What's the policy with that? Do you have to accept or decline before a certain deadline for DO?

Most schools have deadline to pay the deposit. People accepted before November usually have until December to pay for it. Gives you plenty of time to make the decision.

The only reason why I would go to an MD school is because 1) it's cheaper and 2) there are more MD schools than DO schools in my state.

Does anyone know what the process is with admins sieving through 4k applications? I guess there most be a cut off GPA and MCAT and then they must have some way to remove applications. I don't think they go through every single application they get. So does anyone know the process at least for this school?

When did you guys have your LORs posted at NOVA after submitting them to AACOMAS? They showed up on AACOMAS about a week and a half ago for me and I received a call from NOVA this morning about my application being on hold because they don't have my LOR?

My app wasn't completed until November. It was the only II I got and that was all the way in March. If you get an invite you're basically in because they only interview roughly double the class size.
You mentioned that this was the only school you received a II. Do you mind telling us how many schools you applied to?

I have a 3.8-3.9 and 510+, OOS and complete in June. There must be something outside of stats because I have total silence. Really interested in this school too :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You mentioned that this was the only school you received a II. Do you mind telling us how many schools you applied to?
Only about 9 and I only submitted 5 of the secondaries. It was kind of a hot mess but it worked out for me.

OMG just saw the II!!
I almost cried in the middle of Starbucks!
(~3.5/3.4/ 505)

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if Nova has a hard GPA cut off for secondaries? I see most everyone got their secondary within a day or two of verification but it's been 6 days for me and I have not received anything from them.

Does anyone know if Nova has a hard GPA cut off for secondaries? I see most everyone got their secondary within a day or two of verification but it's been 6 days for me and I have not received anything from them.

I submitted my aacomas last thursday and called them this morning to see if they received it or if they need any documents from me and they said they have not received anything. The guy also said they usually check to bring in a new batch of aacomas apps every Wednesday so it could be any time today. He made it seem like once you get the aacomas in you most likely receive a secondary, but I could be wrong I guess it's best to wait