2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When was your secondary completed?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't remember the exact date because I have submitted so many apps lately but I did submit nova first for my DO application. It's a top choice for me.

A little late but II 7/25. Excited to see this campus!

Reactions: 2 users
Any one here in this forum is from Nova BS/DO program. I am wondering when those are getting interview as they have reserved seat.

Did anyone else get a call from admissions saying their application was complete? I missed the call and didn't get the chance to ask how long it typically takes after the app is complete to potentially get an II!

Submitted primary yesterday, and got my committee letter and transcripts verified 2 hours ago! Can't wait for this secondary!

For those of you who got a II (first off congrats), but how long did it take to get one from the time you were complete?

For those of you who got a II (first off congrats), but how long did it take to get one from the time you were complete?

It looks like I was complete on Jun 23rd and got my II July 25th.

On my application information, it looks as if they matched my DO LOR as the third faculty letter. They also listed one of my science professors, who just happens to be an MD, as the physician letter. Should I contact them or am I worried about nothing?

On my application information, it looks as if they matched my DO LOR as the third faculty letter. They also listed one of my science professors, who just happens to be an MD, as the physician letter. Should I contact them or am I worried about nothing?
I don't think it matters what they're classified under-- they'll review them all anyways. It's just a way for you to make sure you meet all of the requirements.

Hi everyone! I'm new to SDN, but I am excited to be interviewing at Nova 10/3 I was wondering if anyone else had been scheduled for this day? Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete on 7/28 so hopefully we hear something soon!! Last year I know it was as quick as a week to as long as like a month of two to hear about II, so fingers crossed we get lucky! :)

I was complete on 7/28 so hopefully we hear something soon!! Last year I know it was as quick as a week to as long as like a month of two to hear about II, so fingers crossed we get lucky! :)

I was complete on 7/28 as well! Hoping it's shorter than longer to hear back.

Hi everyone! I'm new to SDN, but I am excited to be interviewing at Nova 10/3 I was wondering if anyone else had been scheduled for this day? Good luck to everyone!

I will also be interviewing on 10/3. Hope to see you there!

I was complete 7/4 and I'm an IS re-applicant, MCAT 508 osGPA 3.78 onsGPA 3.98
I can't believe you're a re-applicant to NOVA with your stats. That makes me very concerned about my chances of getting an II. Do you know why you didn't get in last year?

I can't believe you're a re-applicant to NOVA with your stats. That makes me very concerned about my chances of getting an II. Do you know why you didn't get in last year?
No need to be concerned, my last MCAT was a 497. They advised me last cycle they were looking for scores above 500.

No need to be concerned, my last MCAT was a 497. They advised me last cycle they were looking for scores above 500.
Thanks, that's a relief. For what it's worth I think you'll definitely get in this cycle. BTW, what did you do to raise your score to a 508?

Thanks, that's a relief. For what it's worth I think you'll definitely get in this cycle. BTW, what did you do to raise your score to a 508?
Princeton Review! :bow: I took the MCAT about a year after graduating and thought I would be able to study on my own, after seeing my first score I learned that didn't work out.

I was complete 6/30
3.2 undergrad GPA / 3.8 grad Gpa
511 Mcat
Hopefully hear something this week!

I have this issue: I submitted my primary without the official MCAT scores on file, I got a secondary and submitted as well, but now every university has the official MCAT scores (after I sent it to AACOMAS) but Nova doesn't have it. I called several times to Nova, and every single time I have a different answer. Does anyone here how can I update Nova with my official MCAT scores?? I know this is holding my application to be review by the admission office. Thanks in advance

A bit late to the game, but submitted my secondary yesterday and got the completion call this morning! Heres hoping those 4-6 weeks it takes to review goes by quickly!

Did everyone who submitted a secondary get the call that it's complete a day after?

I have a rec letter that my TA wrote for me that is cosigned by the professor, When I checked the portal for my admissions status, Nova counted it as two separate letters. The professor barely knew me, because it was a 700 person class. Do you guys think that's a problem? or should I just let it be

Hello everyone!
I submitted my secondary June 26 and have not heard back. Has anyone gotten an interview yet or rejection of interview yet??

Hello everyone!
I submitted my secondary June 26 and have not heard back. Has anyone gotten an interview yet or rejection of interview yet??

There were some interviews invites sent out last Tuesday but doesnt look like much movement after that...

Anyone interviewing on the 24th want to share a hotel?

Just heard from my friend who is a current M2 that tuition is being raised by 10% next year, bringing it to ~57k.

Don't quote me on it-- could be a rumor-- but thought some of you might like to know!

Reactions: 1 users
Just heard from my friend who is a current M2 that tuition is being raised by 10% next year, bringing it to ~57k.

Don't quote me on it-- could be a rumor-- but thought some of you might like to know!
:wideyed:

I just got a call from here but missed it. Should I call back or do they send a complete email?

Are interview invites here called or emailed? If called I should really set my voicemail up..

My voicemail doesn't work/I never set mine up..
I guess it can't hurt to call them back and say you got a missed call, you might be put on hold for 5+ minutes but can't hurt

Are interview invites here called or emailed? If called I should really set my voicemail up..
They email you, and you only have a week to schedule the interview from the day the email is sent.

Pin drop silence from this school since mid-June.

Reactions: 1 users