2017-2018 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I got my acceptance call this morning. Dr. Dyer left a message on my phone but I was in class! Called them back with no answer. I’m so anxious waiting to hear back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, all! I have a question on figuring out if I need to take an additional class but I'm not sure who to contact from admissions about it. (Also, if anybody has suggestions/recommendations for a Bio 2 class in central OK or distance since I'm pretty sure that's what I lack, I'm all ears, haha)

I was thrown off by the interview sign yesterday, I knew the groups were interviewing on the 18th, but I thought it was every Thursday! I hope everyone enjoyed their time. This is the part of the process where you can actually enjoy your time traveling and meeting new people, eating different foods all over the country, and having multiple mini-vacations. Once you get into medical school, the new fun begins - especially with the newer curriculum they implemented with our class. I love it, though!
Just out of curiosity, how has the curriculum changed? Glad you're loving the experience though!

I saw the school at MedXtravaganza, and everybody's friendliness really stood out to me. I'd certainly welcome any advice from current students, especially for a nontraditional student. Reading this thread and threads for previous years has definitely been helpful.

Here's to hoping Dr. Dyer isn't done making acceptance calls for the day lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I got my acceptance call this morning. Dr. Dyer left a message on my phone but I was in class! Called them back with no answer. I’m so anxious waiting to hear back!!

if you got a call it means you got accepted i believe!

Reactions: 1 users
I think I got my acceptance call this morning. Dr. Dyer left a message on my phone but I was in class! Called them back with no answer. I’m so anxious waiting to hear back!!]

Congrats!!!

Accepted this morning!!

Congratulations to everyone else as well!

Reactions: 4 users
*officially* accepted after Dr. Dyer called me about an hour ago!! SO excited!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Is anyone elses admissions decision page not working? i try to click the box but it isnt checking it.

Was just rejected earlier today. Not exactly sure why, but maybe I just rubbed them the wrong way during my interview? Could have fooled me. I thought at least I would get a waitlist. Oh well, I have an acceptance elsewhere thankfully! Good luck to everyone else applying to OSU! It really is a great school.

Reactions: 1 user
Was just rejected earlier today. Not exactly sure why, but maybe I just rubbed them the wrong way during my interview? Could have fooled me. I thought at least I would get a waitlist. Oh well, I have an acceptance elsewhere thankfully! Good luck to everyone else applying to OSU! It really is a great school.

Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the other acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an II in last week or so? I'm curious if they've sent any out this week. TIA!
I know a few people that received calls in the past couple of days!

My best friend just got an interview invite. Complete early October. 3.2GPA, 507 MCAT. Chemical Engineer.

Hi all, has anyone sent in an update following their interview? I am just curious if this is something I should do.

Hi all, has anyone sent in an update following their interview? I am just curious if this is something I should do.
its definitely a good thing to do, but usually that is done if you get wait listed

Is there a specific phone number they call from? I get a lot of spam calls nowadays, so I've gotten into the habit of ignoring the call until I can google the number and call back if it's legitimate.

Do they tend to interview OOS people later on? Pls OSU send this Michigan applicant some love. </3

IS applicant. Application marked complete in first week of September. I have yet to hear anything and have no II. Hate to be annoying, but I'm getting nervous. Any IS applicants who submitted in the last couple months in the same boat and awaiting an II? I'm worried because I have a sub-500 MCAT. I've been lucky enough to get one OOS acceptance so far, interviewed at another in October, and have 3 OOS interviews scheduled for November and December.

I stand corrected about what I stated earlier regarding "automatic interviews." I was wrong, so I apologize for any confusion! I know this for sure: You're guaranteed an interview if you attend one of OSU-COM's partner institutions in OK (OSU, UCO, etc.), meet the GPA requirement, and have above a 498 on the MCAT.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those with an upcoming II! :)

IS applicant. Application marked complete in first week of September. I have yet to hear anything and have no II. Hate to be annoying, but I'm getting nervous. Any IS applicants who submitted in the last couple months in the same boat and awaiting an II? I'm worried because I have a sub-500 MCAT. I've been lucky enough to get one OOS acceptance so far, interviewed at another in October, and have 3 OOS interviews scheduled for November and December.

I stand corrected about what I stated earlier regarding "automatic interviews." I was wrong, so I apologize for any confusion! I know this for sure: You're guaranteed an interview if you attend one of OSU-COM's partner institutions in OK (OSU, UCO, etc.), meet the GPA requirement, and have above a 498 on the MCAT.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those with an upcoming II! :)

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. Complete early September.

I know people with 494 mcats that have gotten accepted, but they got interviewed late. Its still considered "early" as they interview until april so i wouldnt stress just yet.

Accepted! Interviewed 10/30.

Reactions: 5 users

Obviously applying to med school is stressful, but just relax and realize that there are only so many interviews that have happened thus far. This applies to everyone, there are going to be only about 6 more interview dates before the holiday break, about 3 this month and 3 next. Don't look at that an freak and think, "holy crap if I don't get in the next few then I'm done for." Instead realize that only ~1/3 of the interviews even happen before the holiday break. OSU has a really long application cycle so there are going to be plenty of interviews conducted in the spring semester!!

Some suggestions, if you haven't heard anything from OSU since you submitted your secondary, I would suggest shooting Lindsay Yoder and email or give her a phone call and just ask what's up with the application cycle, or is there any more info you need to provide etc. In addition, if you've had any recent updates. seriously anything that you could throw on a med school app then let her know.

Believe it or not no news can certainly be good news sometimes in the application process.

Did anyone else send in their secondary + get it completed status that day on the form itself, get an email a day or so later, and then get a text a week later from Lindsey saying it was complete?

I was just momentarily confused about the space of time between everything

Did anyone else send in their secondary + get it completed status that day on the form itself, get an email a day or so later, and then get a text a week later from Lindsey saying it was complete?

I was just momentarily confused about the space of time between everything

I was complete in August and just got another "complete" text now

Yeah, I just received one about an hour ago. I have never gotten a text from a school. . I received my complete email a few weeks ago though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was complete in August and just got another "complete" text now
I think Lindsey may be trying to relieve everyone's stress by reaching out personally just to let everyone know that everything has been submitted and is good to go, so just hang on and don't stress!

Accepted. Phone call this morning from Dr. Dyer. Interviewed 11/16.

Reactions: 4 users
How strict is this school with the 3 faculty LOR req.? I only have 2 faculty letters, but 2 physician letters (with one being my employer)

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on applying this cycle. I am an OOS student, with a 3.4 gpa and a 508 mcat. Do you think its worth applying this late? I have over a year and a half of research experience, experience working in a rural area (scribe on a reservation), and decent letters of rec.

Thank you!!

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on applying this cycle. I am an OOS student, with a 3.4 gpa and a 508 mcat. Do you think its worth applying this late? I have over a year and a half of research experience, experience working in a rural area (scribe on a reservation), and decent letters of rec.

Thank you!!

OSU interviews until April so it might be late but not too late, GPA might be a little low for OOS but if you can show them that you align with their vision then its definitely worth a shot

Hi Everyone,

Thank you!!

I had a similar MCAT but a 3.9X GPA and applied in december (OOS) and was accepted. I would give it a shot. Just make sure you emphasize the rural med and how you will fit in here.

I had a similar MCAT but a 3.9X GPA and applied in december (OOS) and was accepted. I would give it a shot. Just make sure you emphasize the rural med and how you will fit in here.

That's good to hear! OSU is definitely my top pick so I appreciate the advice!

Is that self-reported match data?
Seems strange that only ~ half of the class matched into residency according to that file.