2017-2018 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II !!! Only date they gave me was April 13th (thinking its last day of interviews)
Does PNWU interview for waitlist spots? Or do I actually have a chance at a seat?

They have in the past. I don’t know how the class stands as of now. You could always call and ask Hope. They seem super honest so I think they would tell you either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They have in the past. I don’t know how the class stands as of now. You could always call and ask Hope. They seem super honest so I think they would tell you either way.

Yea they are very helpful. Im going to still shoot my shot. Hopefully I get a spot :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
anybody who interviewed 3/2 find out when decisions are made? I've heard both tomorrow and the 16th

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean that 2/23 hasn't heard back yet? meaning 3/2 won't hear back for a while? oh boy. But good luck to you guys!
They told us two weeks from interview day. I have no idea what they told your cohort so I don't know what you should expect, but good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Does this mean that 2/23 hasn't heard back yet? meaning 3/2 won't hear back for a while? oh boy. But good luck to you guys!
I am pretty sure you guys hear back next week

I have already gotten two random spams calls today. Good thing I memorized the yakima county area code otherwise the near heart attacks I got thinking this could be "THE CALL" were much less intense than they could have been.

Hey guys,
Im not sure if yall can even answer this but I thought it would be worth asking. Im not asking for any details but for their MMI do they do role playing scenarios?

How would I go about finding a roommate?? I don't think rent will be affordable on my own lol

Hey guys,
Im not sure if yall can even answer this but I thought it would be worth asking. Im not asking for any details but for their MMI do they do role playing scenarios?
No they don't! Just discussions on some ethical scenarios and your application.

They told us two weeks from interview day. I have no idea what they told your cohort so I don't know what you should expect, but good luck!
anybody who interviewed 3/2 find out when decisions are made? I've heard both tomorrow and the 16th
I specifically remember them saying they'll tell us March 12 for some reason!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news on acceptance for February and March interviews?

Ok so PNWU is on Spring Break now (March 12-16), and the 3/2 interview group has not heard back yet (I think -my portal status still says "interview"). So will it likely be next week? I know some of you said this week, but they are on break and I remember them telling us on interview day that we would hear back 2 days ago.

Basically I'm spazzing out and would like someone to ease my anxiety...

Ok so PNWU is on Spring Break now (March 12-16), and the 3/2 interview group has not heard back yet (I think -my portal status still says "interview"). So will it likely be next week? I know some of you said this week, but they are on break and I remember them telling us on interview day that we would hear back 2 days ago.

Basically I'm spazzing out and would like someone to ease my anxiety...

Historically it’s almost always been two weeks after the interview with PNWU. I wouldn’t spaz out too bad. Obviously easier said than done I realize. I’ve been on the waitlist since November. So I am all too familiar with the wait. Good luck.

Historically it’s almost always been two weeks after the interview with PNWU. I wouldn’t spaz out too bad. Obviously easier said than done I realize. I’ve been on the waitlist since November. So I am all too familiar with the wait. Good luck.

I guess I'm just confused because the standard two weeks falls during spring break, so that would push it to three weeks...lame

I guess I'm just confused because the standard two weeks falls during spring break, so that would push it to three weeks...lame

I understand that. Have u already spoken with staff to see if they had spring break off as well? May just be the students that have it off?

I understand that. Have u already spoken with staff to see if they had spring break off as well? May just be the students that have it off?

I'm not positive, they said on interview day that they would be meeting and making calls late last week because Spring Break was this week. But that didn't happen. I guess the 2/23 cohort has not heard back either..Oh well, all we can do is wait...and pee our pants every time our phones ring

I'm not positive, they said on interview day that they would be meeting and making calls late last week because Spring Break was this week. But that didn't happen. I guess the 2/23 cohort has not heard back either..Oh well, all we can do is wait...and pee our pants every time our phones ring

I was told by hope on friday that it could be by mid week this week, or the 16th, but she said no gurantees due to not knowing what will happen due to spring break

I was told by hope on friday that it could be by mid week this week, or the 16th, but she said no gurantees due to not knowing what will happen due to spring break

Hey way to be proactive and call! Thanks!

Can anyone who has already interviewed here provide some insight into what a future interviewee can do to better prepare? I am going over typical MMI ethical questions but would like to know what more I can do

Can anyone who has already interviewed here provide some insight into what a future interviewee can do to better prepare? I am going over typical MMI ethical questions but would like to know what more I can do
It wouldn't hurt to go over your AACOMAS and really think about why you would benefit from their mission and how you can add to it.

ACCEPTED!!! I can’t believe this! I feel so incredibly blessed, I can’t wait for the next 4 years

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! OOS FL. This is so awesome haha

Edit: interviewed 3/2

Reactions: 2 users
can help if you want to pm me!

I know that the waitlist at PNWU is notorious for being a large waitlist, but does anyone have an idea of how big? Like 100+ people on the waitlist? Because I have heard that once the waitlist is ranked, being in the top 30 is a pretty good sign but I am wondering how tough it is to get into the top 30!

I know that the waitlist at PNWU is notorious for being a large waitlist, but does anyone have an idea of how big? Like 100+ people on the waitlist? Because I have heard that once the waitlist is ranked, being in the top 30 is a pretty good sign but I am wondering how tough it is to get into the top 30!

I was told by Mike Riggins it basically stays right around 100. As more people are put on others decide to drop off so it fluctuates but he said it was basically right around 100.

I was told by Mike Riggins it basically stays right around 100. As more people are put on others decide to drop off so it fluctuates but he said it was basically right around 100.

Thanks for the response. Here's to hoping all us SDNers are in the top 30 when they do rank the waitlist!

Gave up my 4/6 interview. They made it clear in a recent email they had all seats offered.

Took your 4/6 interview spot. Bumped me up a week, and works better with my class schedule, so I appreciate it! Expecting no more than a waitlist, but this is my current #1 so still gotta give it the good old fashioned try.
Glad it went to someone who could use it, i have my likely acceptance already, and a long shot MD interview so best of luck

First year, soon-to-be second year here.. If your name is Austin and you were at Open House today, it was really nice chatting with you. I made sure to tell PNWU that :)

Good luck everyone!

Hey guys who interviewed, can you describe what interview day was like just to give a feel? Interviewing friday!

Does anyone know if acceptance to PNWU is conditional? I'm in a masters program that ends on July 27th and I want to drop the program just because 1) I'll basically only have a break for 1.5 weeks before our program starts and 2) I'd like to save some money by not spending $5k on this + work some over the summer to save up for the next few years.

Pros: I get 3 months off, time to work, and time to hang out with family and friends
Cons: I wasted $10k on 2/3 of a masters degree (and I don't get M.S. after my name hah)

If anyone can message me or comment if they're in the same boat I'd really appreciate it!

Does anyone know if acceptance to PNWU is conditional? I'm in a masters program that ends on July 27th and I want to drop the program just because 1) I'll basically only have a break for 1.5 weeks before our program starts and 2) I'd like to save some money by not spending $5k on this + work some over the summer to save up for the next few years.

Pros: I get 3 months off, time to work, and time to hang out with family and friends
Cons: I wasted $10k on 2/3 of a masters degree (and I don't get M.S. after my name hah)

If anyone can message me or comment if they're in the same boat I'd really appreciate it!

I don't know, but I would definitely call the school and find out yourself regardless of what people say on this thread. I don't think anyone would lie but it is too important of a decision to make without talking directly to the school.

That's just my .02 though! Good luck!

I don't know, but I would definitely call the school and find out yourself regardless of what people say on this thread. I don't think anyone would lie but it is too important of a decision to make without talking directly to the school.

I actually got accepted to another school and was in a masters program. After I was accepted I asked them if my acceptance was conditional upon completion of the masters and they said nope. So I dropped that thing and paid my med school deposit haha.

I am thinking about calling them but I'm just worried they might see it a different way and I don't want it to affect my acceptance. Thanks for the input!

I am thinking about calling them but I'm just worried they might see it a different way and I don't want it to affect my acceptance. Thanks for the input!
I don't think it would affect your acceptance. Unless of course they say you have to finish the degree and then you don't.

I'm on the waitlist after interviewing in January. Anybody know if PNWU takes fondly to letters of intent? I'm currently accepted to another school but would rather go to PNWU. The other school starts mid-summer so I'm feeling pretty crunched.

I'm on the waitlist after interviewing in January. Anybody know if PNWU takes fondly to letters of intent? I'm currently accepted to another school but would rather go to PNWU. The other school starts mid-summer so I'm feeling pretty crunched.

I sent a letter of intent and I was pulled off the waitlist and was accepted at another school. I spoke about PNWU being my top choice over other programs. Not sure if it helped tho lol

doesn't hurt to send one in! i'm sure they add it to your profile. maybe try sending it in with an update if you can.

doesn't hurt to send one in! i'm sure they add it to your profile. maybe try sending it in with an update if you can.
Also, fwiw, I just sent one in with the same background as the other poster last week and haven't heard back yet! I definitely would rather go here than another school across the country (even if the other school is ranked quite a bit better).

For the people who interviewed on April 13th, the admissions people said they would let us know the status of our application by May 1st right?

For the people who interviewed on April 13th, the admissions people said they would let us know the status of our application by May 1st right?

Yes, I believe they said end of April but I also remember Hope saying she would probably be making calls on May 1st.
Regardless, I can't stop checking my portal!!

It appears that I will be giving up my seat to one of you, I was just accepted elsewhere! Best of luck guys!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm trying to get the checklist done before I leave the country for 2 months. A lot of it cannot be completed yet because we do not have access to evalue. Does anyone know what to do in this case? I am also worried that I will not be in the country/have access to internet when the drug screen is sent out via email... I do not want to miss it and fail to matriculate. Do you guys have any suggestions? Has anyone been through a similar situation?