2017-2018 PhD/PsyD Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theSteppenwolf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has started an acceptance thread yet. Good luck, everyone! The suspense is killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for starting this! I really hope I'll have at least one post in here by end of March :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Ole Miss Clinical program. I have 3 more interviews to attend so I will be holding this single offer. First offer after applying 4 rounds! Second time interviewing at Ole Miss this past weekend.

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted to Ole Miss Clinical program. I have 3 more interviews to attend so I will be holding this single offer. First offer after applying 4 rounds! Second time interviewing at Ole Miss this past weekend.
Congratulations! It must feel awesome!

Congratulations! It must feel awesome!
Thank you! and yes, it feels as if the 4 rounds of applications and 3 rounds of interviews were TOTALLY WORTH IT! Good luck with all your interviews, I will also be at South Alabama's :)

Accepted to the chicago school of professional psychology (dc and chicago campus), marywood, and chestnut hill! IDK which one to go to! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
First time applicant, got my top pick offer!!!
School Name: Texas Tech University
Date Admission Offer Received: 2/8/2017
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical Psychology
Notified via: Email/Call

Reactions: 4 users
First time applicant, got my top pick offer!!!
School Name: Texas Tech University
Date Admission Offer Received:
2/8/2017
Notified via: Email/Call
Congrats! That's awesome!

3 interviews in the next two weeks. Waiting to hear from 1 more school. Got 2 Nos from schools that got my old GRE scores, not my updated ones (oh well).

Hope to post good news soon! :)

School Name: Palo Alto University PGSP-Stanford
Date Admission Offer Received: 2/17/2017
Degree: PsyD
Notified via: Phone call, followed by email

Applied for the priority deadline (12/2) and interviewed in January. While on the phone she talked about some offers for fellowships and in the email she sent their internship matches for the past six years. They've had a 97-100% APA internship match rate for the past 5 years (4 years 100%, 1 year 97%)!

Just received an offer from West Virginia University Counseling Psychology!

Just got an offer from my #1 program Arizona State University Counseling Psychology. I am too excited to think straight!

Reactions: 9 users
First post on this site!

Received an offer from Southern Illinois University Carbondale Counseling Psychology PhD program (2/23/17)

Accepted it today :cat:

Accepted to widener, Hartford, wright state, and GW psyd

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
School Name: George Washington University
Date Admission Offer Received: 2/24/2017
Degree: PsyD
Notified via: Email

Accepted to Widener, University of Indianapolis, and IUP psyd programs

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to Immaculata and George Washington..both PsyD

Congrats!! Ive been accepted to Widener as well, and really considering it! What are your thoughts on Widener?

I really liked it. I think the concentration and certificate options are really intriguing. Seems to be some disagreement on how beneficial a captive internship is, but I'm not sure it negatively affects training outcome, i.e. High eppp pass rate. I'm strongly considering it

School Name: University of Arkansas
Date Admission Offer Received: 2/28/2017
Notified via: Email from DCT, POI called after, meant to call first!

I was on the waiting list for a month as first alternate, offered a $35K fellowship, going to be hard to choose!

School Name: University of Arkansas
Date Admission Offer Received: 2/28/2017
Notified via: Email from DCT, POI called after, meant to call first!

I was on the waiting list for a month as first alternate, offered a $35K fellowship, going to be hard to choose!
Congratulations! Gotta be cool coming off waitlist!

Accepted to Rutgers School PsyD!! It's my second choice so I'm super excited! Just waiting to see if i get accepted off the waitlist at my #1 :)

Got my first acceptance! It feels like a weight has been pulled off of my shoulders. I'm on the waitlist of one other school but its good to know that either way I'll have a home in the fall :)

Got my first acceptance! It feels like a weight has been pulled off of my shoulders. I'm on the waitlist of one other school but its good to know that either way I'll have a home in the fall :)

Congratulations! Where's the acceptance from?

Accepted to Yeshiva's school clinical child psyd. :) I just finished my interview about 5 hours ago so it's super nice that they contacted me quickly.