2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard pcom does not exclusively interview for wait list spots (grain of salt) so everyone receiving interviews still have a shot! I've also had friends accepted from January/February interviews as well in previous cycles. I actually applied here last cycle (2016-2017) extremely late, and received a March interview date. Ended up wait-listed...so I know it can be a bummer! Applied before August this cycle, received an II for 9/8, and was accepted! I can attest to the seemingly very little wait list movement last cycle, but had friends getting off pcom's wait list 2 cycles ago. Probably just varies year to year. Also one of the med students at my interview said he had a classmate get accepted off the wait list on the first day of orientation.
Would you say it's difficult to get off the waitlist based on your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard pcom does not exclusively interview for wait list spots (grain of salt) so everyone receiving interviews still have a shot! I've also had friends accepted from January/February interviews as well in previous cycles. I actually applied here last cycle (2016-2017) extremely late, and received a March interview date. Ended up wait-listed...so I know it can be a bummer! Applied before August this cycle, received an II for 9/8, and was accepted! I can attest to the seemingly very little wait list movement last cycle, but had friends getting off pcom's wait list 2 cycles ago. Probably just varies year to year. Also one of the med students at my interview said he had a classmate get accepted off the wait list on the first day of orientation.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and what you've heard! Feel free to ignore me if you don't want to, but would mind sharing your stats?

Would you say it's difficult to get off the waitlist based on your experience?

I'm not entirely sure tbh. I feel like last year may have been atypical. It depends on whatever method is used to rank people and how many accepted people decline. There probably won't be much movement until April/May after the big deposit deadline for accepted folks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for sharing your experiences and what you've heard! Feel free to ignore me if you don't want to, but would mind sharing your stats?

LizzyM 63, average MCAT, >3000 clinical care hours, & 3 years research experience.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know approximately how many applicants PCOM interviews each cycle?

For accepted students, has anyone had trouble logging into your myPCOM? I get an error stating that my username does not exist.

For accepted students, has anyone had trouble logging into your myPCOM? I get an error stating that my username does not exist.
Yeah, I contacted that IT team for help. They were able to fix it.

I interviewed on 1/12 and today on my bannerweb GA campus page, everything but the "Applicant Summary" chart disappeared. This includes all the bullet pointed texts. I can still see them on my PA campus page though. Anyone else with this?

Doesnt look like a good sign :(

Last edited:
I interviewed on 1/12 and today on my bannerweb GA campus page, everything but the "Applicant Summary" chart disappeared. This includes all the bullet pointed texts. I can still see them on my PA campus page though. Anyone else with this?

Same here! Im not sure what that means

Same here! Im not sure what that means

Are you guys talking about the little "Thank you for your interest in PCOM!..." message? I still have mine, but I interviewed at a later date. I'm confused as to why they would remove it from your portal as a way to indicate a status update. It's just an introductory message and some general information on their application process. o_O

Are you guys talking about the little "Thank you for your interest in PCOM!..." message? I still have mine, but I interviewed at a later date. I'm confused as to why they would remove it from your portal as a way to indicate a status update. It's just an introductory message and some general information on their application process. o_O

Specifically, I have this sentence:
"Thank you for your interest in PCOM. Below are important details regarding your application for admission."

Then everything after is erased until "Applicant Summary" and the chart

Members don't see this ad :)
Specifically, I have this sentence:
"Thank you for your interest in PCOM. Below are important details regarding your application for admission."

Then everything after is erased until "Applicant Summary" and the chart
That is very odd. I know this advice gets annoying, but my only suggestion would be to call and ask if it means anything. I do still have all of the bullet points, but again, I interviewed later, so they could just not have gotten around to updating my portal.

For accepted students, how do you guys log into myPCOM? Is it the same one as bannerweb or is it different?

For accepted students, how do you guys log into myPCOM? Is it the same one as bannerweb or is it different?
I emailed IT because I had trouble logging into Nucleus and they fixed that, but mentioned myPCOM is still under construction and not yet up and running. I have had trouble accessing my financial aid checklist though, I only have the 2017-2018 checklist.

I'm shaking. I logged into my Banner account and had the $250 deposit link. Interviewed exactly 10 days ago.

I had a bad application cycle last year and almost didn't reapply, but I applied to a handful of schools because I wasn't quite ready to give up on the dream I had already invested so much in. It was a risk because I knew only applying to a small number of schools made me even less likely to get in on my second go round, but I couldn't afford to play the applying broadly game.

Are we 100% sure this means I'm accepted? Telling family and friends I got in only for it to be a glitch would not be very fun. lol. Maybe I should wait for my letter! I just woke up from a nap, so I'm sitting here staring at this portal change thinking, "Am I positive this is real life? Is this an extension of my dream? It says that, right?!?"

*edit because I know I always wished people would include this info in their acceptance posts when trying to gauge my chances*: LizzyM 70; complete mid-November; in-state applicant

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm shaking. I logged into my Banner account and had the $250 deposit link. Interviewed exactly 10 days ago.

I had a bad application cycle last year and almost didn't reapply, but I applied to a handful of schools because I wasn't quite ready to give up on the dream I had already invested so much in. It was a risk because I knew only applying to a small number of schools made me even less likely to get in on my second go round, but I couldn't afford to play the applying broadly game.

Are we 100% sure this means I'm accepted? Telling family and friends I got in only for it to be a glitch would not be very fun. lol. Maybe I should wait for my letter! I just woke up from a nap, so I'm sitting here staring at this portal change thinking, "Am I positive this is real life? Is this an extension of my dream? It says that, right?!?"

Me too!!! Looks like my flight from Texas wasn't in vain after all haha
Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email invite to a lecture series. Did all applicants get that, or is this another indicator I am indeed accepted?

How are you guys checking that? And congrats !
Log into your Banner account. There should be a link and your login information in the email you received notifying you when your supplemental application had been processed.

I got an email invite to a lecture series. Did all applicants get that, or is this another indicator I am indeed accepted?
I was accepted a while ago, and received that email. Can't confirm whether all applicants received it though sorry.

I was looking through earlier posts and saw some people mention they had links for both deposits. I only see a link for the $250 one, though. Should I have both?

I was looking through earlier posts and saw some people mention they had links for both deposits. I only see a link for the $250 one, though. Should I have both?
You pay the 250 dollar deposit, then the link changes so you can pay the more expensive deposit that is due later on.

You pay the 250 dollar deposit, then the link changes so you can pay the more expensive deposit that is due later on.
Hmm, maybe it'll take a while to change. I already paid it, but it still says $250. Thank you!!

*edit* Duh, just saw where it said payments would show as received 24 hours later.

Last edited:
I interviewed on January 19th. Now, my portal states: The required tuition deposit of $250 can be submitted online via echeck or credit card (payment via credit card includes processing fee) by February 9th, 2018.

Has anyone confirmed with the school that this means we are accepted? I only ask because the admissions staff said we would be notified in 4-6 weeks. However, the website is requesting a deposit by February 9th which is exactly 3 weeks after my interview.

I hope it is actually good news for everyone!

I interviewed on January 19th. Now, my portal states: The required tuition deposit of $250 can be submitted online via echeck or credit card (payment via credit card includes processing fee) by February 9th, 2018.

Has anyone confirmed with the school that this means we are accepted? I only ask because the admissions staff said we would be notified in 4-6 weeks. However, the website is requesting a deposit by February 9th which is exactly 3 weeks after my interview.

For those who have updated portals, mind sharing any stats? :)

I received the portal change, and the following weeks I got the official letter in the mail. Hope this helps.

I received the portal change, and the following weeks I got the official letter in the mail. Hope this helps.
Oh man, I hope it doesn't take me weeks to get my letter! I told my father about my portal change, and his response was basically, "Oh." I need a letter to show people that this is indeed real lol

Hmm, maybe it'll take a while to change. I already paid it, but it still says $250. Thank you!!

*edit* Duh, just saw where it said payments would show as received 24 hours later.
Since you paid it today, tomorrow you should receive emails saying welcome to pcom! If you receive these emails, its pretty much a given you're accepted lol.

Since you paid it today, tomorrow you should receive emails saying welcome to pcom! If you receive these emails, its pretty much a given you're accepted lol.
Now I'm gonna be a nervous wreck checking my email tomorrow because what if these emails never come! haha. This is the first I'm hearing about them. Thanks for letting me know!

Now I'm gonna be a nervous wreck checking my email tomorrow because what if these emails never come! haha. This is the first I'm hearing about them. Thanks for letting me know!
Lol, if not tomorrow it should come within the next few days!! I received different emails all in different times within the few days after submitting the deposit. But really, don't sweat it :)

Accepted to PCOM-GA! So, gotta make a tough decision soon...

Reactions: 3 users
I didn’t receive any welcome emails until about a month after submitting my deposit, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

I'm worried about how I'm going to make housing work with my dog. Is it even feasible to live alone on the amount of loan money students get for living expenses? I'd prefer to be able to find roommates, but I recognize that having a dog will make it a lot harder. Another concern is that the students here seem to travel a lot for their rotations. Leaving her to live in my father's house is an option if absolutely necessary, but it would be really hard on her. She acts completely pitiful when I go away for even a day or two.

I'm worried about how I'm going to make housing work with my dog. Is it even feasible to live alone on the amount of loan money students get for living expenses? I'd prefer to be able to find roommates, but I recognize that having a dog will make it a lot harder. Another concern is that the students here seem to travel a lot for their rotations. Leaving her to live in my father's house is an option if absolutely necessary, but it would be really hard on her. She acts completely pitiful when I go away for even a day or two.
IT depends on what loan you will get, but the federal plus loans offers up to the maximum estimated cost of attendance as calculated by the school, which should cover expenses assuming you know how to budget your money. Some of the nearest apartment complexes are also dog friendly, and even have mini dog park and dog showers in their vicinities for residents to use. I have a puppy which I may bring as well when I attend in the fall, so I'm in the same boat lol.

IT depends on what loan you will get, but the federal plus loans offers up to the maximum estimated cost of attendance as calculated by the school, which should cover expenses assuming you know how to budget your money. Some of the nearest apartment complexes are also dog friendly, and even have mini dog park and dog showers in their vicinities for residents to use. I have a puppy which I may bring as well when I attend in the fall, so I'm in the same boat lol.
Oh man, a puppy sounds like a lot of work! Good luck! My dog is pretty old, so the other part I didn't mention is there's a good chance she won't, you know, be around by the time clinical years roll around. But that's always an uncomfortable thing to bring up. Good to hear about the apartment complexes with dog parks! I've always wanted to live in one of those since my dog loves running around with other dogs. I believe there are a lot of families in Suwannee (idk, but I've heard people say the public schools are amazing). I'm wondering if there might be any, like, teenagers who live nearby to wherever I wind up living who I could pay $12 or so a day to stop by and take my dog on a walk while I'm in class.

Last edited:
Oh man, a puppy sounds like a lot of work! Good luck! My dog is pretty old, so the other part I didn't mention is there's a good chance she won't, you know, be around by the time clinical years roll around. But that's always an uncomfortable thing to bring up. Good to hear about the apartment complexes with dog parks! I've always wanted to live in one of those since my dog loves running around with other dogs. I believe there are a lot of families in Suwannee (idk, but I've heard people say the public schools are amazing). I'm wondering there might be any, like, teenagers who live nearby to wherever I wind up living who I could pay $12 or so a day to stop by and take my dog on a walk while I'm in class.
I'm honestly deciding whether to leave him with my parents or bring him with me! lol and that's probably your best bet. As a med student you may be gone long hours during the day, and I'm sure finding people to dog sit won't be hard in a place like Suwannee.

I can't believe I received an II with a 2 day notice. Let me just pull $500 out of thin air and fly down there by friday morning. Hope someone here gets my spot! Good luck!

I can't believe I received an II with a 2 day notice. Let me just pull $500 out of thin air and fly down there by friday morning. Hope someone here gets my spot! Good luck!

To be fair, someone probably only withdrew from that session the day before. So they offered it to you. Glad you passed it on so hopefully someone who had almost lost hope could use it. Good luck!

Interviewed the 19th; got the portal change to deposit and a “Welcome” community invite to the lecture series. Will keep everyone posted.

505, 3.71, ORM but super non-trad background with tons of direct clinical exposure.

Interviewed the 19th; got the portal change to deposit and a “Welcome” community invite to the lecture series. Will keep everyone posted.

505, 3.71, ORM but super non-trad background with tons of direct clinical exposure.
Congrats!! Seems there were a lot of portal changes from the 1/19 interview date, which is kind of surprising given how late in the cycle it is. Waiting for my letter to confirm there wasn't a glitch in the system is so nerve-wracking lol.

Has anyone who's applied late gotten an interview here? Applied in early December and haven't heard anything back yet.

Has anyone who's applied late gotten an interview here? Applied in early December and haven't heard anything back yet.

I submitted my secondary on December 8th, received a II on January 12th, interviewed January 19th, and got the portal update requesting a deposit a couple days ago. Good luck! There is still hope.

Does anyone know if there's a Class of 2022 page on Facebook?

Reactions: 1 users
For whatever it's worth, I applied in early November, was complete mid-November, and received a mid-December interview invitation.

I spoke to admissions. My portal change was due to my acceptance, so you are probably accepted as well.

I spoke to admissions. My portal change was due to my acceptance, so you are probably accepted as well.
Thanks for sharing what they said! I've been obsessively checking USPS Informed Delivery to see if my letter is in town haha.