2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Incoming student here! Pretty excited to attend in the fall. Very collaborative environment so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Hey!! So I am planning on submitting my application in late august (post MCAT scores) do you think that it is too late to be considered. My GPA is 3.90 (no idea on the MCAT) and I have a tonnnn of extra circulars including PC shadowing

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!! So I am planning on submitting my application in late august (post MCAT scores) do you think that it is too late to be considered. My GPA is 3.90 (no idea on the MCAT) and I have a tonnnn of extra circulars including PC shadowing
You should be fine, the DO cycle is longer.

Reactions: 1 users
Plus the fact that PCOM actually takes a while to send out II

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good afternoon from sunny Philadelphia.

We just wanted to make sure that those of you who received a message notifying that your application is incomplete - but never received an application acknowledgement email should first check their SPAM filter then email [email protected] to let us know that it wasn't received. We had an issue with our email server when we begun sending the acknowledgment messages and then resent them to ensure that everyone received it. For some reason, some candidates did not get the second submission. We want to ensure that you have access to the instructions and the supplemental application for each campus.

Additionally, I am sure that you can understand that the admissions staff is working hard to process all of the documents received from our valued candidates. We do our best to process applications swiftly and accurately and appreciate when candidates give us time to do the work, check their portals regularly and notify us when the timeline we ask for (15 business days) has passed.

We thank you for your interest and your patience and wish you all the best in the application process.

Is there any reason that having Tennessee residency would stop me from receiving a GA-PCOM secondary? My application has been verified for over a week and I have yet to receive anything. Any information or input?

Is there any reason that having Tennessee residency would stop me from receiving a GA-PCOM secondary? My application has been verified for over a week and I have yet to receive anything. Any information or input?

That shouldn't affect it.

Finally got the secondary!

It just takes a little bit of time to receive it. I am a Tennessee resident as well, and I received mine about a week and a half to two weeks after receipt of my app if I remember correctly.

Interviews do not start until September for PCOM right? They're my top choice, PA resident, and went to school in Philly too. Really want to go here

Interviews do not start until September for PCOM right? They're my top choice, PA resident, and went to school in Philly too. Really want to go here

As far as I know, this thread was for GA-PCOM in Georgia, not in Philadelphia.

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted today! when did you guys receive a secondary post submission?

Gotcha! Maybe I'll get it Monday! What's the prompt if you don't mind sharing it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm almost positive it's the exact same as last years (which is posted on the first page of this forum). I tried going back into my secondary and I can't find the question, it just says that my secondary is complete. Sorry, I can't be of more help!

I'm almost positive it's the exact same as last years (which is posted on the first page of this forum). I tried going back into my secondary and I can't find the question, it just says that my secondary is complete. Sorry, I can't be of more help!

I found it on the first page! Thanks for the help!

Finally complete.....Now I wait

Reactions: 2 users
II! my first one :O
complete 7/31

Congratulations! If you don't mind answering when is your interview date? I am just curious to when interviews start here. I was complete on 8/1, so I hope I get some love soon too!

Is this the first set of interviews going out?

Do you mind sharing stats? Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
GA Resident LizzyM 67

Hmm not entirely sure if it's the first batch of interviews.

Congratulations! If you don't mind answering when is your interview date? I am just curious to when interviews start here. I was complete on 8/1, so I hope I get some love soon too!
My interview is Sept. 8th!

II this am for Georgia. Sept 8

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know around what time interviews are usually over? Trying to plan my flight back...

I got an II last Thursday but I can't attend an interview until 9/22 but they gave me like 3 dates to choose from. It was 9/8, 9/15, and 9/22 I think.

I think I was complete 7/19

Good luck to all those that interviewed today! Such a weird feeling I was in your shoes last year

Do you receive some sort of notification when you are complete? On my portal it shows that they received my supplemental app on July 26th, but the space next to the committee letter is blank. They should have received my letter packet over a month ago, but there is no date received indicated on the portal. It says that application status is not provided via phone or email so I am unsure what to do to ensure they do have my letters.

Do you receive some sort of notification when you are complete? On my portal it shows that they received my supplemental app on July 26th, but the space next to the committee letter is blank. They should have received my letter packet over a month ago, but there is no date received indicated on the portal. It says that application status is not provided via phone or email so I am unsure what to do to ensure they do have my letters.
No complete emails-- you are complete when there is a date next to all of the required materials on the portal. I would call them and ask, because if it's been > 1 month they should've updated the portal by now.

Also, it says on their website that if your letters are submitted post submission of your AACOMAS, you need to contact them so they can go in and retrieve your letters. They won't do so automatically.

II this afternoon for September 8th!! OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone want to meet up for dinner on the 7th?

Dang I'm really hoping for a II here. I was waitlisted last year :( fingers crossed!