2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question for those of you who have interviewed at GA-PCOM: how long did it take to get a confirmation email from them after you replied to the initial II email?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question for those of you who have interviewed at GA-PCOM: how long did it take to get a confirmation email from them after you replied to the initial II email?
They got back to me within one business day, four actual days.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 9/8 and accepted via snail mail today!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!! Interviewed 9/8! So excited!!! Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today, interviewed 9/8

They got back to me within one business day, four actual days.
It took me a while to get confirmation, so I emailed them because they invited me literally a week before I had to fly down, and then they replied the next day (they confirmed on like Wednesday afternoon and I flew down Thursday)

Accepted. Interviewed 9/8.

My first ever acceptance, third year of applying.

Never give up on your dreams.

Reactions: 29 users
Accepted. Interviewed 9/8.

My first ever acceptance, third year of applying.

Never give up on your dreams.
Congrats!!!!! As a Reapplicant myself, I know how excited you must feel! Keep up the hard work!

Accepted today! OOS Interviewed Sept 8

Any tips/advice for the interview? :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been complete here for almost two months and haven't heard a peep. Does it hurt/help to call the admissions department?

I've been complete here for almost two months and haven't heard a peep. Does it hurt/help to call the admissions department?
They won't provide update on your application.

Interviewed 9/22 and accepted via snail mail today!!!!!!!!!!! Shaking and crying!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
do they accept people from the north east or is there a strong regional bias?

I feel bad for feeling so happy when that horrible shooting in Las Vegas just happened.

They won't provide update on your application.

I read on an old thread that someone called and spoke with the assistant dir/dean of admissions and then ended up with an II later that day. Think that's just a random miracle for that person? It was a few years ago

Interviewed 9/22 and accepted via snail mail today!!!!!!!!!!! Shaking and crying!!!!!!

I saw on here the letters for 9/8 went out and had to finish my shift that day. I opened it at 1:30am LOL.

I wept and laughed, waves of unimaginable relief washed over me, everything finally coming together, and the door opened. I really feel it was the volunteer experience I picked up in the spring that gave me the extra strength, courage, and inspiration to push through another year. Working with those wonderful kids gave me hope and filled me with a newfound optimism.

Reactions: 4 users
I saw on here the letters for 9/8 went out and had to finish my shift that day. I opened it at 1:30am LOL.

I wept and laughed, waves of unimaginable relief washed over me, everything finally coming together, and the door opened. I really feel it was the volunteer experience I picked up in the spring that gave me the extra strength, courage, and inspiration to push through another year. Working with those wonderful kids gave me hope and filled me with a newfound optimism.

Its such an amazing feeling. I am 31 and can honestly say getting into medical school has been one of the most challenging things I have ever done. Its not just the grades, MCAT, and volunteering. For me, it was pushing back against self-doubt and also not listening to the doubts of others.

Reactions: 17 users
Its such an amazing feeling. I am 31 and can honestly say getting into medical school has been one of the most challenging things I have ever done. Its not just the grades, MCAT, and volunteering. For me, it was pushing back against self-doubt and also not listening to the doubts of others.
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PREACH!!!!!!!

do they accept people from the north east or is there a strong regional bias?
I received an interview despite being from the North. They probably just don't receive a ton of applicants from outside of their region.

accepted through snail mail yesterday, interviewed on 9/22!

Reactions: 6 users
9/22 interview crew as well,

Accepted yesterday via snail mail :D my top choice thus far!

Reactions: 4 users
So many people getting accepted so early, is that following trends of previous years?

Anybody interview 9/15 and still not heard back? Could not hearing back yet be bad news or possibly just slow mail delivery?? I want to call just to know if they sent a decision letter or not but I feel like they wouldn't be allowed to tell me if they had and I'd just look dumb and pathetic... this is what the application process has turned me into :(

Anybody interview 9/15 and still not heard back? Could not hearing back yet be bad news or possibly just slow mail delivery?? I want to call just to know if they sent a decision letter or not but I feel like they wouldn't be allowed to tell me if they had and I'd just look dumb and pathetic... this is what the application process has turned me into :(
I interviewed that day too and haven't heard back. Don't fret! Mail delivery time is weirdly variable, an acceptance isn't going to travel any faster. They told us 2-3 weeks to get our decision in the mail, so I wouldn't call them just yet. It sucks but being patient is all we can do.

This may be a dumb question. Does anyone have any information on Estimated Cost of Attendance? I can't find anything in my folder.

It was great seeing everyone today at the interview! I'm very impressed by the faculty and students at this school :)

Reactions: 1 users
This may be a dumb question. Does anyone have any information on Estimated Cost of Attendance? I can't find anything in my folder.
According to the website it's about 49.5K a year-- and also not a dumb question btw!!!

Congrats to those who interviewed today! Everybody looked good!

My confirmation for my interview date says that an agenda will be provided upon arriving at PCOM-GA. They said the day will start at 10am, last approximately 4 hours with a 30 min writing assignment in that time ( I know the question will come up, and in last year's thread the writing assignment is just a few basic questions they want you to fill out about yourself that may or may not be used in the personal interviews).

May I ask how long did it take for you to receive the II after secondary?
Thanks!!
Waiting anxiously

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 4.38.45 PM.png
Hm, this doesn't add up-- their tuition alone is $52k per year.

Anyone who interviewed, what time did the day end?
I finished at 3:00 PM but there were still students waiting to be interviewed after I completed mine. Expect to be there until 4:00 PM at the latest.

Cost of attendance is about ~75k per year, which is the max amount the government will lend you. This includes everything (tuition, living, books, food, gas etc.)

Last edited:
Can any current students please fill us in on how clinical rotations work? We were given a ~3 minute speech by the "Dean of Clinical Rotations" (paraphrased) about how it will work. I remember hearing that there are 13 "sites", it is strictly a lottery-based system, and that they don't take personal considerations into account.

Any info?

FYI to others accepted, portal still not updated yet to make the deposit, I sent an email this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else from the 9/15 interview date not heard back yet? They told us we would receive our decision within 2-3 weeks, but it's a bit past that now. I might call to see if they sent out my decision, I'd hate for it to have been lost in the mail.