2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed here Nov. 3, but still haven't heard back. Does anyone know if they will notify if waitlisted or rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed here Nov. 3, but still haven't heard back. Does anyone know if they will notify if waitlisted or rejected?

Just got done here yesterday, they said 4-6 weeks but they "are usually on the quicker side" and everything will be snail mailed.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got done here yesterday, they said 4-6 weeks but they "are usually on the quicker side" and everything will be snail mailed.

I interviewed yesterday too! So does that mean wait lists and rejections are by mail too? I’d be so nervous to open that letter

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed earlier this year. Do you think from now on interviews are for waitlist spots only ?

Thank you.

Is rescheduling your interview looked down upon? I just leaped out of my seat excited to see I got an II. Then I opened the email and saw it was scheduled this week. That's extremely short notice, and I live quite a ways away in addition to having something else scheduled for work. I'm not sure whether I want to try and make it work or ask if I can reschedule.

Last edited:
Is rescheduling your interview looked down upon? I just leaped out of my seat excited to see I got an II. Then I opened the email and saw it was scheduled this week. That's extremely short notice, and I live quite a ways away. I'm not sure whether I want to try and make it work or ask if I can reschedule.

I rescheduled mine for like 3 weeks later and got accepted

I interviewed earlier this year. Do you think from now on interviews are for waitlist spots only ?

Thank you.

I doubt it. I know people who've been accepted in the past cycles that interviewed in January/February. It will just be more difficult as time passes since their slowly filling the seats

Once I submitted my $250 deposit, within a few days I got some welcome emails. Then within the next few days I got my login info for nucleus and a school email address. I expect (but don't quote me on this) that once they pull our FAFSA info in January we should see significantly more activity.

My advice (once you've dropped the $250 deposit) is to do these things ASAP:
--> Submit Technical standards document via snail mail or fax
--> Submit final transcripts from all uni's attended
--> Submit 2018-2019 FAFSA (it is available to complete now)
--> Submit $1500 Deposit as soon as possible (credit card fee is $42)

Have you been able to login to Nucleus with the email/password info they sent?

Has anyone from the 11/10 interviews heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has any rejections been sent out PRE-II? Been complete since like August

Reactions: 1 users
It’s been 3 months since I have been complete and no response on interview or anything.

So they do silent rejections? Thats awful
Everyone hears from them at the end but they keep all options open until interviews are over so everyone has a chance until that time.

Any news from 11/10 interviews? Was really hoping it would be closer to the 4 weeks than the 6 weeks lol.

Any news from 11/10 interviews? Was really hoping it would be closer to the 4 weeks than the 6 weeks lol.
Nope haven't heard anything yet! I'm getting so anxious lol

Does anyone know if they have a dress code? And access to the class schedule for 1st and 2nd year? Broken down to the hour specifically

Does anyone know if they have a dress code? And access to the class schedule for 1st and 2nd year? Broken down to the hour specifically
No specific dress code other than you must wear scrubs in the anatomy labs.

Way too early to be worrying about these things but..

Anatomy lab - scrubs with gloves and shoe covers
OMM Lab - Athletic shorts that end above the knees and t-shirt. Females need a open-back style sports bra.
Guest lecturers - Business casual
PCS & OMM Practical tests - Business casual with white coat

No other dress code apart from that

As far as the class schedule goes, we didn't get ours until 1 month before classes start, and for the second term we didn't get it until 2 weeks before classes started, thus, it is virtually impossible to know yours at this point. Generally, you can expect to have lecture every day except some tuesdays. Tuesday is OMM day. Thursday is Primary Care Skills (PCS) in the morning. Anatomy lab is 2 -3 times a week.

Way too early to be worrying about these things but..

Anatomy lab - scrubs with gloves and shoe covers
OMM Lab - Athletic shorts that end above the knees and t-shirt. Females need a open-back style sports bra.
Guest lecturers - Business casual
PCS & OMM Practical tests - Business casual with white coat

No other dress code apart from that

As far as the class schedule goes, we didn't get ours until 1 month before classes start, and for the second term we didn't get it until 2 weeks before classes started, thus, it is virtually impossible to know yours at this point. Generally, you can expect to have lecture every day except some tuesdays. Tuesday is OMM day. Thursday is Primary Care Skills (PCS) in the morning. Anatomy lab is 2 -3 times a week.

Thank you. Its nice to know when comparing programs if the information is available. Another school had their 1st and 2nd year schedule online so I figured I'd ask.

I know some of you guys are still awaiting on interviews and I just wanted to wish you guys a happy interview season! I interviewed February 3rd of this year and got accepted! There's still hope! :)

Reactions: 3 users
First year here.

To answer a couple of questions people have asked:

There are TONS of married students. At least 20% of the class. Also tons of parents, including myself. Already since school started two guys have become dads. However, this does not mean the school is overly family friendly. We have quite a bit of mandatory classes and labs every week. Also, unless you have a medical reason, the rotation sites for 3rd year are on a 100% lottery system. Most people get their first choice, but there are a couple of people every year who end up having to be away from a spouse. A better system definitely needs to be implemented.

As far as stethoscopes and other tools go, we are required to buy a ton of things. They put together some “deals” with two different companies that were $550+. I bought an open box return Littman Cardio III for $50 and a used older model Welch Allyn oto/ophthalmoscope for $60 off eBay. Those are the two biggest expenses by far and I don’t regret it for a minute. If you want your stethoscope in a fancy color or engraved, go for it. Plenty of people did.

Overall, I am really enjoying the classes so far. I love living in Suwanee and could easily see myself staying here forever.

Reactions: 2 users
First year here.

To answer a couple of questions people have asked:

There are TONS of married students. At least 20% of the class. Also tons of parents, including myself. Already since school started two guys have become dads. However, this does not mean the school is overly family friendly. We have quite a bit of mandatory classes and labs every week. Also, unless you have a medical reason, the rotation sites for 3rd year are on a 100% lottery system. Most people get their first choice, but there are a couple of people every year who end up having to be away from a spouse. A better system definitely needs to be implemented.

As far as stethoscopes and other tools go, we are required to buy a ton of things. They put together some “deals” with two different companies that were $550+. I bought an open box return Littman Cardio III for $50 and a used older model Welch Allyn oto/ophthalmoscope for $60 off eBay. Those are the two biggest expenses by far and I don’t regret it for a minute. If you want your stethoscope in a fancy color or engraved, go for it. Plenty of people did.

Overall, I am really enjoying the classes so far. I love living in Suwanee and could easily see myself staying here forever.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, the only thing I’m not excited about are the design of the clinical rotations. I loved the area too!

Still no news...Wondering if its just me.

If you interviewed 11/10, check your portal (Online Status Check). The text above my application summary is asking me to pay a seat deposit. I haven't received anything in the mail yet, though I suspect something will come after Christmas. Congratulations to all accepted if you feel PCOM is the school for you. Personally, I will be declining my acceptance once I learn how to do that. I hope someone gets some seat love once I do.

Reactions: 1 users
If you interviewed 11/10, check your portal (Online Status Check). The text above my application summary is asking me to pay a seat deposit. I haven't received anything in the mail yet, though I suspect something will come after Christmas. Congratulations to all accepted if you feel PCOM is the school for you. Personally, I will be declining my acceptance once I learn how to do that. I hope someone gets some seat love once I do.
I interviewed at 12/1 and I just checked the portal and saw deposit link. I am just happy that I got at least one acceptance. What a nice gift from them

Also interviewed 12/1. Don’t see a link so guess I’m rejected. Rip my chances here. Nice Christmas present. ;_; at least I have an acceptance somewhere else

Last edited:
Also interviewed 12/1. Don’t see a link so guess I’m rejected. Rip my chances here. Nice Christmas present. ;_; at least I have an acceptance somewhere else

Im hoping it isn't the case that students who interviewed on 12/1 (and before) are rejected... if their portal didn't change. Keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes high!

Im hoping it isn't the case that students who interviewed on 12/1 (and before) are rejected... if their portal didn't change. Keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes high!
I interviewed 11/10 and only received the deposit link yesterday. I would give it a bit!

I interviewed 11/10 and only received the deposit link yesterday. I would give it a bit!

I'm thinking they must send out acceptances in blocks. The group that interviewed the week before us on 11/03 received acceptances super quick--something like 2.5 weeks--but our group had to wait to 6+ weeks,

Interviewed 12/8 and was waitlisted...super duper bummed but I can’t let it get to me considering the other interviews I have coming up

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I know some of you guys are still awaiting on interviews and I just wanted to wish you guys a happy interview season! I interviewed February 3rd of this year and got accepted! There's still hope! :)
Thank you, that made me feel a little better. Been waiting since September to hear anything.

Has anyone from the 11/10 interviews heard anything yet?
I interviewed 11/10 and still have yet to hear anything. I also called the admissions office and they honestly weren’t much help. But I’m extremely worried :/

I interviewed 11/10 and still have yet to hear anything. I also called the admissions office and they honestly weren’t much help. But I’m extremely worried :/

What were you told when you called? I interviewed on 12/1 and just received something in the mail yesterday, so it seems odd that you haven't received a response of any kind thus far.

Has everyone who interviewed on 12/1 received a letter yet?

What were you told when you called? I interviewed on 12/1 and just received something in the mail yesterday, so it seems odd that you haven't received a response of any kind thus far.
I wasn’t really given any straight answers. Just that I should be hearing soon.

Not to get your hopes up, but I interviewed earlier in the season and they took over 8 weeks to give me a final decision. I ended up getting in, so don't stress too much over how long it takes for them to get back.