2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they get in with a Feb interview? That late in the game, it seems like an interview for just a waitlist spot
Yep, acceptances in February

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted. Contingent on doing biochem.

Interviewed 9/13. Got it today.

Reactions: 13 users
Could the randomness in IIs be that they give priority in interview spots to students from their masters' programs? I was a PCOM Biomed student and i vaguely recall hearing that. I'm a first time applicant and just completed everything so hoping they show some love.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could the randomness in IIs be that they give priority in interview spots to students from their masters' programs? I was a PCOM Biomed student and i vaguely recall hearing that. I'm a first time applicant and just completed everything so hoping they show some love.
lol idk. im a current grad student and there's only one person in our entire program that has gotten an II so far.

edit: didn't mean that to be snarky. i just wanted to convey that i do not think master's students are getting priority in terms of II's.

Literally one person on the first interview day was in the masters.

Mail or email?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snail mail. Pretty glorious little packet.

Well, looking forward to getting off work this evening. Thanks for the update.

PCOM is so behind.. wouldve loved to visit this school before many others

Reactions: 1 users
lol idk. im a current grad student and there's only one person in our entire program that has gotten an II so far.

edit: didn't mean that to be snarky. i just wanted to convey that i do not think master's students are getting priority in terms of II's.

Ah okay. So you're a 2nd year Biomed, I'm guessing?

@monty522 So you just have to pass Biochem before you matriculate?

My portal has information about tuition deposit but the mail hasn’t stopped by yet :/

Reactions: 2 users
Ah okay. So you're a 2nd year Biomed, I'm guessing?

Yep, I'm a current second year biomed! So far, only one person from the program has gotten an II and he interviewed I think on the first day. I applied last year and was waitlisted until the end, so I'm feeling really antsy this year. I haven't gotten any II's for anywhere this cycle.

My portal has information about tuition deposit but the mail hasn’t stopped by yet :/
Where does it have info for a deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where does it have info for a deposit?

On my portal it’s the first thing at the top of the page. It’s a bullet point. I checked last night and there was nothng there, now there is

Yep, I'm a current second year biomed! So far, only one person from the program has gotten an II and he interviewed I think on the first day. I applied last year and was waitlisted until the end, so I'm feeling really antsy this year. I haven't gotten any II's for anywhere this cycle.

Idk I guess that's not too unusual considering a good amount of Biomeds have to retake classes in that Fall trimester which ends fairly late.

Waitlist hell is what I'm trying to avoid. I saw a lot of my colleages from the Biomeds have to go through that and it seems like pure torture.

Idk I guess that's not too unusual considering a good amount of Biomeds have to retake classes in that Fall trimester which ends fairly late.

Waitlist hell is what I'm trying to avoid. I saw a lot of my colleages from the Biomeds have to go through that and it seems like pure torture.

Yeah, not unusual for those retaking, but there's a large majority of us who aren't retaking. And yep, waiting like that is the worst. I interviewed in January and went from Delayed Decision to Waitlist, and then just hung out on the Waitlist from April until August. I'm really hoping I don't have to endure that again.

Does anyone know if rescheduling an interview with PCOM would hurt your chances?

Last edited:
Received acceptance package in mail today.

Reactions: 7 users
Received II today! Very excited... has anyone who has interviewed here taken them up on the staying with a current student thing? Sorry if that was answered before, I haven't read too much of the discussion before posting
Congrats! Would you also mind sharing your stats?:D

Put on hold

I know it’s kind of late but just turned in my secondary. Does pcom send updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted!!!!! Interviewed on 9/28!!
Same and same 9/28 too! SO STOKED.:highfive:

Strange, I don't remember seeing an adorable pig in rain boots ;)Just a bunch of nervous premeds in suits lol

Last edited:
Are you considered complete when all 4 requirement sections have dates filled in or should I expect an email from PCOM telling me if I'm complete or not?

Edit: Never mind- looked back a bit on the threat and found the answer!

Last edited:
I was complete on Aug 3rd and still nothing... I wonder if you find out about being put on hold or rejection...
To my knowledge, PCOM rejects at the very end of the cycle. But keep the faith! You never know!

To any of those who applied/are applying to the DO/PhD program, what is the character or word limit for the Statement of Professional and Research Goals? Also, do we need to do anything else to apply to this program, like provide extra LORs geared towards the PhD aspect of it?

So...do we have enough people committing to PCOM yet to start a facebook group??

So...do we have enough people committing to PCOM yet to start a facebook group??
I know someone from the school creates an official group (perhaps sometime in the spring?). They actively invite committed students to a private group that is considered to be an official FB group for the incoming class. Are you referring to a separate group started by incoming students?

Feels good to be accepted to one of my top choices.

Last edited:
Congratulations to those accepted! Usually an accepted student creates a FB group and others join.

Congratulations to those accepted! Usually an accepted student creates a FB group and others join.
Oh, okay thanks for the heads up! For some reason, I think I recall Admissions stating at the interview that there is an official group created by someone at the school & they actively add students in the Spring. Perhaps I am misremembering this, though.

To any of those who applied/are applying to the DO/PhD program, what is the character or word limit for the Statement of Professional and Research Goals? Also, do we need to do anything else to apply to this program, like provide extra LORs geared towards the PhD aspect of it?

I am applying DO/PhD and I don't remember there being a word limit. I thought of it as a letter of intent and wrote a page ds. After you send all that in, they will ask for 2 more LORs from the research side of your application. Hope that helps.

Have a lot of II gone out? I've tried to get in touch with the PCOM office via phone and email in the past but have had zero success. This is my dream school :/

Have a lot of II gone out? I've tried to get in touch with the PCOM office via phone and email in the past but have had zero success. This is my dream school :/
Just out of curiosity, what specifically makes this school your top choice if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Just out of curiosity, what specifically makes this school your top choice if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Its known as a power 5 osteopathic medical school, was one of the first DO schools in the country, campus looks beautiful , great match list, good board results, reputable name, just have heard great things

Reactions: 4 users