2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Portal changed to deposit link. Hopefully a letter comes in the mail today!

My portal updated with the link as well!! Exciting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are most of you guys getting the portal change DD or WL?

Reactions: 1 user
My acceptance package came in today :')

Reactions: 3 users
I was WL as well. For everyone on the waitlist, continue to breathe - it'll all work out!

Is there a fb group for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, were you DD then WL'd or just WL?

This waiting is making me so anxious :cryi:

I was just WL no DD before. Try to think about other things while you wait (I know it’s extremely hard - I was anxious as well) best of luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
i was on hold and received the acceptance from a december interview

When did you interview? I was mid-February and got a waitlist two weeks later
2/6, and I haven't heard literally anything. When I called to make sure that I hadn't missed something they sent out, they said they hadn't send anything but to just keep checking the mail. :( not sure if I should write a letter of intent or what.

2/6, and I haven't heard literally anything. When I called to make sure that I hadn't missed something they sent out, they said they hadn't send anything but to just keep checking the mail. :( not sure if I should write a letter of intent or what.

Didn't you say they also tell you that a decision has been made? That's really weird. Maybe it's a distance issue in that case.

Didn't you say they also tell you that a decision has been made? That's really weird. Maybe it's a distance issue in that case.
yeah! that's what the woman said on the phone, but also I'm not a Philadelphia resident, but I'm right outside the city... I go to university in Philadelphia and commute.

I was DD in Feb and WL in March. Although my portal changed to deposit link and date, I still have not received a letter in the mail. Is this concerning?

I was DD in Feb and WL in March. Although my portal changed to deposit link and date, I still have not received a letter in the mail. Is this concerning?

Based on past thread acceptances the letter sometimes takes some time to arrive.

Was accepted to my top MD school so I've officially withdrawed my acceptance from both campuses. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
I hope one of ya'll get an acceptance since I just withdrew mine.

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting since my interview 2/6

Dude... if I were in your shoes, I’d go to admissions directly and ask them what’s going on. You said you live in Philly, right? Just walk in and ask to meet with an admissions counselor. It’s legit been 12 weeks since your interview and you haven’t gotten anything? I personally find that unacceptable. Patience is good, but in this situation I’d say you’ve got to make moves to ensure that stuff gets done. Good luck.

Dude... if I were in your shoes, I’d go to admissions directly and ask them what’s going on. You said you live in Philly, right? Just walk in and ask to meet with an admissions counselor. It’s legit been 12 weeks since your interview and you haven’t gotten anything? I personally find that unacceptable. Patience is good, but in this situation I’d say you’ve got to make moves to ensure that stuff gets done. Good luck.
Walking in is not the way to go. Email with your name and they can check if a letter was sent to a different address or if a letter was returned. The mail sometimes goes missing so just email them.

Reactions: 1 users
Walking in is not the way to go. Email with your name and they can check if a letter was sent to a different address or if a letter was returned. The mail sometimes goes missing so just email them.

Normally I would agree, but @FutureDOctor10103695 already spoke over the phone with admissions last month who informed him that a decision had been made, but he still hasn’t gotten a letter. Email is good if he had time to spare, as admissions would get back to him on their own time. But going in directly and asking might provide an immediate response. At the very least, it shows perseverance and if futureDO is on the waitlist who knows it might even help his case.

Normally I would agree, but @FutureDOctor10103695 already spoke over the phone with admissions last month who informed him that a decision had been made, but he still hasn’t gotten a letter. Email is good if he had time to spare, as admissions would get back to him on their own time. But going in directly and asking might provide an immediate response. At the very least, it shows perseverance and if futureDO is on the waitlist who knows it might even help his case.
Only certain people in the office can discuss decisions. The person at the front desk can not so without knowing if there is a person in the office who can help it is better to email. Someone is always looking at the emails and will help right away. Whenever I had to email they answered right away. They are really good that way.

Only certain people in the office can discuss decisions. The person at the front desk can not so without knowing if there is a person in the office who can help it is better to email. Someone is always looking at the emails and will help right away. Whenever I had to email they answered right away. They are really good that way.

For the record, I never said he should ask the person at the front desk, I said admissions counselor. And anyway I’m not trying to argue on the best method of communication here, I was just offering my 2 cents on what I would do in this situation. Glad to hear they were good with email when it came to you. They were not good with email when it came to me, but good in person when it came to me. Just sharing my experience, and I’m glad you shared yours.

Update: Interviewed March 26th, WL April 10th, and accepted April 30th! LM of ~69. So excited to start here in the Fall!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if the admission committee is meeting before the commencement this year?

does this school typically take a good amount of kids from the wait list or no? I got wait listed in April for a March interview

does this school typically take a good amount of kids from the wait list or no? I got wait listed in April for a March interview
Hey I'm also on the WL and it varies from year to year unfortunately. Seems like they've already accepted a few DD and a handful of WL apps beginning around April 30th. Hopefully there will be more movement from now into June but doesn't seem like there's been a "wave" yet judging by the number of SDN acceptances.

@strawberry.p hopefully that means they’re waiting for a seat to open up for you *fingers crossed*

ah, i hope so! i havent heard anything post-interview. I wonder if anyone can weigh in on whether there are "better" chances at an acceptance if i happened to be waitlisted or DD first, and then could hope for an acceptance this late in the cycle? or does the silence mean i'll just be rejected after the waitlisted/DD folks are considered for seats? I'm not sure if I verbalized my anxiety-riddled question in a way that makes sense but any feedback is appreciated!

ahhhh I just saw a deposit change on my portal!! Just want to confirm with you all that this means I've been accepted?!?!