2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received the email for the essays yet but I sent in my payments as soon as I got the email o_O did this mess up my application? Did anyone else pay before getting the essay question?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote my first draft at around 400 words and struggled to cut it down, but now it's exactly 250 words :laugh:

I haven't received the email for the essays yet but I sent in my payments as soon as I got the email o_O did this mess up my application? Did anyone else pay before getting the essay question?
I did too yesterday night but haven't received any email with essays but I will wait until Monday before calling them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted, very excited about this program!

+1

Im really hoping they dont make us pay again when submitting the essays

I think you should be good. I'd double check the application portal to make sure they received your payment.

Sorry, were we supposed to pay the supplemental fee first, then receive an extra email with the essay questions? Or should we simply wait for an extra email with the essay questions?

I have not received an email with the full supplementary application - just the "Application Incomplete" email that only allows me to pay the fee. Anyone else with the same issue?

Sorry, were we supposed to pay the supplemental fee first, then receive an extra email with the essay questions? Or should we simply wait for an extra email with the essay questions?

I have not received an email with the full supplementary application - just the "Application Incomplete" email that only allows me to pay the fee. Anyone else with the same issue?

I did not pay for either Philadelphia or Georgia before I received both essays (separate e-mails). Make sure you check your spam/ junk for sure. But I doubt they will send any on the weekend unless its automated, give it till Monday IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not pay for either Philadelphia or Georgia before I received both essays (separate e-mails). Make sure you check your spam/ junk for sure. But I doubt they will send any on the weekend unless its automated, give it till Monday IMO.

Same. I received two separate emails for each campus, one that stated incomplete and another with the title "Receipt of PCOM (PA/GA campus) AACOMAS application." The latter contains links to the supplemental application, and the application summary where you can pay the 75$ secondary fee per campus.

Checking in. Nothing here yet either except for that incomplete email, but I'll heed the advice to be patient a bit longer.

Checking my spam folder has been a confidence booster, however. Tons of hot, single, locals waiting to meet me and women I've seem to forget about that want to have drinks with me.

Reactions: 8 users
So the prompts are the same for the PA & GA campuses...are we supposed to write different answers for each or just use the same essay since it's the same question? I know they have separate admissions committees, but when I interviewed here 2 years ago they told me my one interview and decision would be for both campuses.

For anyone who previously applied, how "brief" were you with your improvement essay? Did you run into any character or word limits? Thanks. :)

You guys should be aware that PCOM receives a crazy amount of applications each year. Something like 10k+ primaries and who knows how many secondaries. So I'd recommend being short and to the point. Most important - ANSWER THE QUESTION. You'd be surprised how many students I've advised and helped fail to address the question.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything from the philadelphia campus? still waiting for their secondary even though I submitted the payment and the georgia secondary too :(

Has anyone heard anything from the philadelphia campus? still waiting for their secondary even though I submitted the payment and the georgia secondary too :(
Still waiting for something..maybe tomorrow! I didn't submit the payment after seeing PCOM's post here.

Same. If I don't receive anything by tomorrow, I'm going to call. The portal says they received my payment so I'm not sure what's going on

So the prompts are the same for the PA & GA campuses...are we supposed to write different answers for each or just use the same essay since it's the same question? I know they have separate admissions committees, but when I interviewed here 2 years ago they told me my one interview and decision would be for both campuses.

I remember seeing that an admitted student said the committees were different and he/she used the same answer for both. So that's what I did. I'm curious though about your experience. I figured there would be two different interviews for each campus.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I recieved an email from them and the GA campus at the same time! weird.

I just spoke to admissions, people that have gotten one or the other are anticipated to receive the missing secondary. They're just having an issue with processing so some people got them before others.

Is anybody else having issues regarding their MCAT and LOR being marked as completed? I retook the MCAT in January of 2017 and it has my older score date listed.

Is anybody else having issues regarding their MCAT and LOR being marked as completed? I retook the MCAT in January of 2017 and it has my older score date listed.

We just begun the process of uploading data. We indicate that it take approximately 15 business days for items to appear in your online application summary. Patience. :)

My old MCAT is listed too. I wouldn't worry yet, just give them some more time to put all the information in.

I am confused. I finally got the updated email with the secondary info. But when i log on, do i have to pay before i can access the essays/secondary app? There is no button for me to click to begin application other than "payment"

I am confused. I finally got the updated email with the secondary info. But when i log on, do i have to pay before i can access the essays/secondary app? There is no button for me to click to begin application other than "payment"

There should be a supplemental app link where you access the essay. You don't need to pay first.

The secondary application appears to ask for the user ID that they included in their email along with our AAMC ID... is this right? Or do they want us to type in our AACOMAS ID?

The secondary application appears to ask for the user ID that they included in their email along with our AAMC ID... is this right? Or do they want us to type in our AACOMAS ID?

I put in my AACOMAS ID. Someone must have confused it while they were making the form. AAMC and AACOM are completely separate institutions

I just gave exactly what it asked for.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone has their LOR section show as received on the portal yet?

I put in my AACOMAS ID. Someone must have confused it while they were making the form. AAMC and AACOM are completely separate institutions

We ask for the AAMC ID number so that we can match your MCAT records to your application through the testing service.

It would behoove each of you to contact us when you have a question as opposed to making an assumption and spreading false information to potential future colleagues.

Thank you for your interest in PCOM and in the osteopathic profession. We are most grateful for your efforts in the application process.

Reactions: 5 users
We ask for the AAMC ID number so that we can match your MCAT records to your application through the testing service.

Is there a way to update if we already submitted our secondary application with the AACOMAS ID number?

Is there a way to update if we already submitted our secondary application with the AACOMAS ID number?

There is not. This is why it is important to follow instructions. The recommendation is to be sure to have your MCAT scores sent directly to AACOMAS so that your most recent official scores are processed through our weekly upload of AACOMAS data as opposed to the AAMC upload.

It would behoove each of you to contact us when you have a question as opposed to making an assumption and spreading false information to potential future colleagues.

Thank you for your interest in PCOM and in the osteopathic profession. We are most grateful for your efforts in the application process.

I see. I apologize for my misconception.

So we have to pay $75 for the philadelphia campus secondary fee and another $75 for the georgia campus secondary fee if we are applying to both?

Has anyone has their LOR section show as received on the portal yet?
Mine are up as of today.

Edit: Complete Email was received just now (11:00 PM)

Last edited:
How soon does PCOM send interview invites?

@PCOM Admissions it says one of my LOR need a letterhead... could this be an error? And if not, what ways can I re-send it in?