2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know if the fall semester has started yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! Anyone here who did the PCOM-MBS (Philadelphia campus) program with an aim to get into their DO Program? How was your experience? Did you get accepted into their DO program as they say on their website for "guaranteed admission?" If you don't mind, please do share your stats during the program /MCAT score. All help will be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there! Anyone here who did the PCOM-MBS (Philadelphia campus) program with an aim to get into their DO Program? How was your experience? Did you get accepted into their DO program as they say on their website for "guaranteed admission?" If you don't mind, please do share your stats during the program /MCAT score. All help will be much appreciated!

Hey, I'm a current DO student and have many friends who did the MBS program. Basically, if you meet all of the requirements and you're nice you'll get in. It's not "gauranteed" only because they still need to reserve the right to screen for red flags (i.e. 1) Personality not suitable for medicine or 2) Academic and/or MCAT performance showing that you may not be able to get through medical school). Hope that answers your question.

Ex. If after a year of MBS you take/retake the MCAT and get a 492, you still wouldn't get in.

Actually after looking at the website, it's exactly the way it's laid out on there.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for getting back to me! That's all I wanted to ask tbh - is it really how they say it is on their website or are there any hidden ifs and buts... Thanks so much for your input!

Hey, I'm a current DO student and have many friends who did the MBS program. Basically, if you meet all of the requirements and you're nice you'll get in. It's not "gauranteed" only because they still need to reserve the right to screen for red flags (i.e. 1) Personality not suitable for medicine or 2) Academic and/or MCAT performance showing that you may not be able to get through medical school). Hope that answers your question.

Ex. If after a year of MBS you take/retake the MCAT and get a 492, you still wouldn't get in.

Actually after looking at the website, it's exactly the way it's laid out on there.

Thank you so much for getting back to me! That's all I wanted to ask tbh - is it really how they say it is on their website or are there any hidden ifs and buts... Thanks so much for your input!

Nothing hidden! Also the biomeds are very friendly with one another, most of them matriculate into the DO class, and they stay friends throughout the whole journey. I would highly recommend it.

I do not think it is guaranteed admission but guaranteed interview if you meet the numbers. You need to make a good impression at the interview to be offered a seat.