2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else upload individual letters and only have 2 showing, as well as the "committee" spot still blank?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary submitted! Hope to hear back soon. One of my top picks.

Anyone else upload individual letters and only have 2 showing, as well as the "committee" spot still blank?
I submitted everything back in the first week or two of July and it still shows that for me. But they do ask you give them more then 15 business days to upload them. They do not send out interviews until September anyways so I would wait another week or two

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
quick question! someone please confirm ahha

After you submit your secondary app--you just get a pop up window that says "...may take15 days to show up on portal..."
As in, no confirmation email AND blank spot on the portal for the secondary app for a bit. right???

quick question! someone please confirm ahha

After you submit your secondary app--you just get a pop up window that says "...may take15 days to show up on portal..."
As in, no confirmation email AND blank spot on the portal for the secondary app for a bit. right???

yes! my portal was empty for a while after I had submitted everything.

OMS-1 checking in. Woooo, PCOM!

Reactions: 3 users
Quick question, when do/did your classes start? And when was orientation?

Tomorrow is the last official day of orientation. We have a social event on Friday. Then classes start 8/14!

Tomorrow is the last official day of orientation. We have a social event on Friday. Then classes start 8/14!
Thanks for the info! Good luck starting classes :)

It was later than I wanted, but finally submitted my secondary! :)

PCOM updated my portal and said that one of my letters wasn't on letterhead. Has anyone had success in resubmitting them? How did you go about doing this?

Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM updated my portal and said that one of my letters wasn't on letterhead. Has anyone had success in resubmitting them? How did you go about doing this?
I noticed that too. PCOM says they only accept direct letters or letters from AACOMAS. I think your best bet is to just have the letterwriter send it directly to PCOM.

I'm going to ask my writer to upload it to Interfolio and also send it directly to PCOM.

Does the blank space next to the "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" mean that they have received it? Mine was sent in over a month ago so they should have gotten it... The directions say above that it will appear as required if they haven't received it yet. I guess I'm wondering if the blank = required?

Mine was blank then after they received it they put a date in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the blank space next to the "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" mean that they have received it? Mine was sent in over a month ago so they should have gotten it... The directions say above that it will appear as required if they haven't received it yet. I guess I'm wondering if the blank = required?

I've had the same issue; my letters were sent in at least a month ago. I'm assuming they're just inundated with letters to upload/match to applications at this point so it will probably be a while. I plan on calling at the end of the month if I have not heard anything by then.

I've had the same issue; my letters were sent in at least a month ago. I'm assuming they're just inundated with letters to upload/match to applications at this point so it will probably be a while. I plan on calling at the end of the month if I have not heard anything by then.
You should read the email you received. If the letter was added after AACOMAS did the application you need to let them know.

You should read the email you received. If the letter was added after AACOMAS did the application you need to let them know.

Much appreciated, I realized that a few days ago and had contacted them about it haha. Thanks for looking out though!

Does any one know when they start sending out interview invites?

Had a similar issue with my one of my LORs. I emailed the professor and let them know the issue, they sent it directly to [email protected]. Gave them my ID number to put into the subject box and they sent it. Within a few hours PCOM updated it to my account! Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
This 250 word limit is brutal. Giving an example of ONE characteristic, a specific example of how actions have directly affected the life of another and how it ties into osteopathic profession puts me at 250 already. How on earth did you all use more than one characteristic?

Wait, what's this about the LOR? If you do individual letters does it update in the portal? I have 2 of the 3 required. Waiting on my last one.

Did any of you get a confirmation for submitting your secondary? Don't want to submit twice o_O

My letters and committee requirement were fixed today. It took a couple days but they will fix it most likely. I feel like a lot of us are in the same boat with that issue. Just keep an eye on it.

PCOM just updated my letters and noted that one of them was not on letterhead. I had another school (WCUCOM) tell me that none of them were signed. I applied to 24 schools and so far these are the only schools that have contacted me and/or updated their portal to show that I need to fix my letters. Do some schools place an app on hold for letters not signed or on letterhead without indicating this to the student either via email or portal? I am worried that other schools have put my app on the shelf without updating me.

This is extremely frustrating as I gave each of my letter writers a form which stated that schools only accept signed letters on official letterhead. One of my writers is out of town until September which happens to be the writer that did write it on letterhead or sign it.

I got the same thing. I haven't fixed it yet though. I even contacted my letter writer who said he/she put it on letterhead. Then I contacted interfolio and they said it was on letterhead. Apparently PCOM did not agree. It is frustrating.

I got the same thing. I haven't fixed it yet though. I even contacted my letter writer who said he/she put it on letterhead. Then I contacted interfolio and they said it was on letterhead. Apparently PCOM did not agree. It is frustrating.
This is strange? I would call and tell them you checked with both your letter writer and interfolio. You could just end by saying, "I just want to make sure it's done correctly this time" or something.

I just got an email fom Interfolio and they said the same thing, that the letter was on letter head. I called PCOM admissions and left a message.

Their admissions note on the portal says to not contact them about missing info on the portal (letters are not showing up), but I submitted everything over a month ago, should I reach out?

@PCOM Admissions
I submitted my application over a month ago, however, my Committee letter requirement remains unchecked. It has been well past 15 business days, is this normal or is there an issue with my application?

Thank you

Their admissions note on the portal says to not contact them about missing info on the portal (letters are not showing up), but I submitted everything over a month ago, should I reach out?

Not knowing if you've done this already, if your letters were submitted after you submitted AACOMAS you need to inform PCOM so they can retrieve the letters manually!

So I contacted PCOM about this and they responded. They said it might result from a letter being submitted as a .doc instead of a .pdf. They said letters should be submitted in PDF however, they didn't give me an answer on if my letter was missing a letterhead or if it was in .doc form.

Edit: They responded again and said they checked and the letter was not on letterhead. Not really sure what to do, my professor said she wrote it on letterhead and
Interfolio also said it was written on letterhead.

Edit: Wow, these guys at PCOM are pretty quick. They actually sent me the top of my letter in question to show that it was not on letterhead (they did not include any of the text just the formality info). Looks like Interfolio and my professor have a different definition of letterhead because that letter was clearly not on letterhead.

Last edited:
Did you guys get a complete email after the portal showed everything had been received? Or are you just supposed to assume it's complete?

Did you guys get a complete email after the portal showed everything had been received? Or are you just supposed to assume it's complete?

Once you have a date for every requirement on the portal it means youre complete :)

This lack of confirmation for secondaries for some schools is so frustrating. Like I'm pretty sure I filled out the secondary before submitting my fee, but now the supplemental application is the only thing not showing up on my portal, so I'm wondering if I actually did? These applications are all blending together. Did it take anyone else's supplemental application awhile to post?

This lack of confirmation for secondaries for some schools is so frustrating. Like I'm pretty sure I filled out the secondary before submitting my fee, but now the supplemental application is the only thing not showing up on my portal, so I'm wondering if I actually did? These applications are all blending together. Did it take anyone else's supplemental application awhile to post?

I think mine took 9 days or something like that lol, very frustrating. All my requirements came in at diff times even tho I already had everything in when I submitted my secondary

I think mine took 9 days or something like that lol, very frustrating. All my requirements came in at diff times even tho I already had everything in when I submitted my secondary
Okay so your secondary was the last thing added? This makes me feel better.

Okay so your secondary was the last thing added? This makes me feel better.

Yup! I guess maybe thats why they say it might take 15 days for everything to upload. If it takes longer than that I would call/email.

I am still waiting for my fee waiver to be applied for my secondary application. I know that they said it would take a minimum of 15 business days or more depending on the amount of requests, but curious if anyone who qualified for a fee waiver has had their secondary fee waived yet?

I am still waiting for my fee waiver to be applied for my secondary application. I know that they said it would take a minimum of 15 business days or more depending on the amount of requests, but curious if anyone who qualified for a fee waiver has had their secondary fee waived yet?

Not at all and it has been more than 15 business days for sure. I am beginning to think that PCOM administration is not the best at helping out applicants because they are so swamped.

My letters were uploaded very quickly and my secondary also. I even had a letter that had to be re-uploaded and it was posted within 12 hours of my letter writer resending it.

Just checked, complete as of today. Supplemental application sent 7/14, committee letter uploaded 8/1. Was waiting on the letter of evaluation section to be filled. Might be worth checking now to see if you guys are also complete.

I know PCOM takes over 50% of their class from PA, but does anyone know the stats for how many PA residents apply to PCOM?

Last edited:
Does PCOM's supplemental application have a space to indicate planned coursework?

You can add this to your AACOMAS

The thing is, I didn't add it to AACOMAS because I didn't want to put myself in a situation where I get accepted to a school that doesn't require the class under the condition that I take the course because I designated that I would be (not sure if this would even happen at schools that don't require it). Also I am pretty sure that I can't go back and add it to my primary anymore.

Last edited:
The thing is, I didn't add it to AACOMAS because I didn't want to put myself in a situation where I get accepted to a school that doesn't require the class under the condition that I take the course because I designated that I would be (not sure if this would even happen at schools that don't require it). Also I am pretty sure that I can't go back and add it to my primary anymore.

I'm pretty sure you can add it after the fact!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile