2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We are officially 2-3 weeks out of the first few interviews. Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't believe so. You'll get an email stating that your supplemental has been processed then it'll be up to you to check and make sure that a date is by everything else in your portal.

Do you receive some sort of notification when you are complete? On my portal it shows that they received my supplemental app on July 26th, but the space next to the committee letter is blank. They should have received my letter packet over a month ago, but there is no date received indicated on the portal. It says that application status is not provided via phone or email so I am unsure what to do to ensure they do have my letters.

Does anyone know when this school starts sending out interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you receive some sort of notification when you are complete? On my portal it shows that they received my supplemental app on July 26th, but the space next to the committee letter is blank. They should have received my letter packet over a month ago, but there is no date received indicated on the portal. It says that application status is not provided via phone or email so I am unsure what to do to ensure they do have my letters.

+1

You don't get a complete email, or any type of notification that your file is under review. They take upto 15 business days to upload documents from when they were received, populated on the portal with a date next to the item. My letter took about 3 weeks (15 business days) to appear. Since your letters should have been received more than a month ago, that's more than enough time to merit a phone call, in my opinion. Good luck!!

I had the same issue. Send an email with the name of your evaluators, and AACOMAS ID. They most likely need to retrieve them manually

Send an email to them, it probably was sent to AACOMAS after they prepared your application. They will process it pretty quick after you send an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you'd like, shoot me any questions about interviews/curriculum/general info, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
Also a first year at PCOM. DM me if you have any questions about anything regarding the application process!

Reactions: 1 users
II Just now

Reactions: 9 users
II earlier today :)

Edit: email and they gave me a date

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Last year when I submitted the secondary, the application portal said they received the secondary the day after. This year I submitted only a few weeks later but they haven't received it yet. Anyone else have everything marked as received but the supplemental application?

Interview invite today by email. They picked the date for me & it is on Sept 15

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last year when I submitted the secondary, the application portal said they received the secondary the day after. This year I submitted only a few weeks later but they haven't received it yet. Anyone else have everything marked as received but the supplemental application?

Yeah my supplemental app box is blank but the fee and LORs have been received. Prob just takes a moment to confirm.

My letter writer finally resent her letter on letterhead. I see that there is no longer "resubmit on letterhead" next to that professors name. Does this mean my app is complete now?

My letter writer finally resent her letter on letterhead. I see that there is no longer "resubmit on letterhead" next to that professors name. Does this mean my app is complete now?

Had to do the same thing. If there are dates for everything in your portal, then you are complete.

Been complete for awhile now, no II as of yet. Not sure if that is bad news

II received on Tuesday

GA campus on Sept 8th.

Pretty excited, this isn't too long of a drive from my hometown in TN so the drive should be pleasant :D

What is most interesting about the interview is that there's a 30 minute writing assignment. Most curious indeed.

Lizzy 64.5, OOS, non-traditional

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

II received on Tuesday

GA campus on Sept 8th.

Pretty excited, this isn't too long of a drive from my hometown in TN so the drive should be pleasant :D

What is most interesting about the interview is that there's a 30 minute writing assignment. Most curious indeed.

Lizzy 64.5, OOS, non-traditional

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Congrats! Can you tell us when were you complete?

They usually don't even start sending any till September...atleast in past years thats the case

This year they started earlier-the last week of August, but it seems like their interview season is very long!

FYI for future reference: You know this school is worth it when the Curriculum Dean and Director of Student Affairs email you a note of good luck and support the morning of your first exam. The administrators really care about you here!

Reactions: 7 users
FYI for future reference: You know this school is worth it when the Curriculum Dean and Director of Student Affairs email you a note of good luck and support the morning of your first exam. The administrators really care about you here!
SPOM EXAM 1 OVER DUUUDE

Can anybody comment on how many students are accepted with no DO LOR? I know the website says "strongly recommended," but I wonder to what degree not having one hurts an applicant

Can anybody comment on how many students are accepted with no DO LOR? I know the website says "strongly recommended," but I wonder to what degree not having one hurts an applicant
This doesn't perfectly answer your question, but I received an II from the Georgia campus without a DO letter.

Why are PCOM so picky about their letters? GAHHHH.

Still it doesn't seem like they send out in batches like other schools

This doesn't perfectly answer your question, but I received an II from the Georgia campus without a DO letter.

I had a letter from an MD instead and received an II from the Georgia campus.

For those of you who have received an interview do you mind sharing your stats?

anxiously waiting to hear from here... any idea if having a LOR from a PCOM DO is gonna boost me at all?

I have an interview here next Friday which starts at noon. I have to catch a flight home. Can anyone please tell me what time the afternoon interview was over so I can book my flight?