2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man this silence is killing me. PCOM please send us some love!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Man this silence is killing me. PCOM please send us some love!
It looked like they sent some out Monday but that was for Georgia I guess. The wait here us killing me! By far My #1, I'd retract all my other interviews the second I got in here!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's still early. Just keep the faith! And try to stay off of SDN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I know you're a person and all, but it just makes me so happy to see that little pig with the boots getting interviews at great schools like PCOM. ;)

Last edited:
I know you're a person and all, but it just makes me so happy to see that little pig with the boots getting interviews at great schools like PCOM. ;)
shh don't ruin my fantasy. That little piglet in boots is gonna be a doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
II for me too! Received email on the 20th, scheduled for the 28th in Philadelphia. Thank goodness I'm pretty close geographically with the short notice--disappointed I had to slightly screw my boss over, though. But I'm stoked nonetheless!!

I've seen some say they had group interviews (38%) and others that have been one-on-one (62%)...according to the SDN individual school information pages? So what's the deal most recently? Any tips besides "relax and be yourself"?

Thanks guys, good luck to you all--keep hope alive :clap:

How long did it take those of you who applied to receive a secondary? I applied Friday night and still haven't gotten one. Does PCOM screen?

II for me too! Received email on the 20th, scheduled for the 28th in Philadelphia. Thank goodness I'm pretty close geographically with the short notice--disappointed I had to slightly screw my boss over, though. But I'm stoked nonetheless!!

I've seen some say they had group interviews (38%) and others that have been one-on-one (62%)...according to the SDN individual school information pages? So what's the deal most recently? Any tips besides "relax and be yourself"?

Congrats on the II! Current M1 here. PCOM is awesome. I'm really happy here :)

No crazy advice for the interview day - remember to smile, make good eye contact, and be able to say why you want to be an *osteopathic* physician. The Kevin Ahern interview videos on youtube are also really helpful. I spent a lot of time videotaping myself answering practice interview questions (i.e. "tell me about yourself...."). It's awkward rewatching yourself, but it definitely helps!

Best of luck to everybody interviewing or waiting to hear back. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any interview or PCOM related questions.

Reactions: 4 users
Any chance for interview with MCAT 505 and GPA 3.6

Take a quick glance at what's going on in healthcare and the government! I had my interview, and the jist of one of my questions was 'In your opinion what's one good thing, one bad thing, and one thing you would change about our current healthcare system'. Good luck though, the interview panel and student ambassadors are all so welcoming.

Last edited:
Take a quick glance at what's going on in healthcare and the government! I had my interview, and the jist of one of my questions was 'In your opinion what's one good thing, one bad thing, and one thing you would change about our current healthcare system'. Fortunately, I browsed news articles that morning so it didn't catch me too off guard! Good luck though, the interview panel and student ambassadors are all so welcoming.
Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely prepare for this one because it could definitely be tricky to answer without getting too overtly political.

II just now. Will be declining.

Reactions: 2 users
Have a few other acceptances closer to home. Kids wanna stay close to grandma and grandpa!
Thank your kids on behalf of all of us who are chomping at the bit to hear from PCOM!

Reactions: 9 users
II today. Tough decision coming up on whether to attend. Complete back on 7/20.

3.22 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 514 MCAT. Have Master's. Chance of getting in here?

3.22 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 514 MCAT. Have Master's. Chance of getting in here?
They will take your very strong MCAT, science GPA and graduate degree into account. 3.22 will have to be explained, though.

Hate to answer a question with a question, but why would you?
Just curious too as to why not...I like to bring a portfolio because I take a lot of notes during the info sessions and the tour of the school, that way it's easier to remember the different schools once I'm home and what I really liked and disliked.

Just curious too as to why not...I like to bring a portfolio because I take a lot of notes during the info sessions and the tour of the school, that way it's easier to remember the different schools once I'm home and what I really liked and disliked.
Don't take notes, just be present. Focus on the students ambassadors, faculty, etc. and what they're saying. The school has a good website/social media/etc. that covers everything you could want to know and if you forget something, just ask me or your guides who will give you lots of contact info.

I always thought (and have heard from those who conduct interviews at other med schools) that it can convey some control issues and can be seen as rude. Almost as if you brought materials thinking already burdened clinicians and professors might want to read your CV, or that the admissions office couldn't handle receiving and organizing your information so you had to help them out.

You don't need a portfolio. Bring a small pad if you need to. Some schools give out paper to write on but some schools don't and I found myself scribbling on random pieces of paper when I didn't have it. I haven't been rejected from a school for writing notes. Taking notes is fine and it shows interest, just don't go nuts because most of that info is on the website.

Don't take notes, just be present. Focus on the students ambassadors, faculty, etc. and what they're saying. The school has a good website/social media/etc. that covers everything you could want to know and if you forget something, just ask me or your guides who will give you lots of contact info.

I always thought (and have heard from those who conduct interviews at other med schools) that it can convey some control issues and can be seen as rude. Almost as if you brought materials thinking already burdened clinicians and professors might want to read your CV, or that the admissions office couldn't handle receiving and organizing your information so you had to help them out.
You don't need a portfolio. Bring a small pad if you need to. Some schools give out paper to write on but some schools don't and I found myself scribbling on random pieces of paper when I didn't have it. I haven't been rejected from a school for writing notes. Taking notes is fine and it shows interest, just don't go nuts because most of that info is on the website.

I would probably prefer to just bring a small professional notebook, but unfortunately my interview is today. I'm leaning towards just not bringing anything to the interview except my ID. Does anyone know if PCOM gives out a folder and papers at the interview? That would be nice so I would have somewhere to put my ID and still be able to take notes...

I would probably prefer to just bring a small professional notebook, but unfortunately my interview is today. I'm leaning towards just not bringing anything to the interview except my ID. Does anyone know if PCOM gives out a folder and papers at the interview? That would be nice so I would have somewhere to put my ID and still be able to take notes...
Best of luck on your interview!!

If it's small that's fine. It's a hassle to carry around a large portfolio. I think all schools give you some kind of bag with info so you will have that. You can also bring a small purse, assuming you're female.

Just sent in my app a few days ago. I have 510 MCAT/3.6 cGPA and average to goodEC’s. Am I at a considerable disadvantage applying this late?

Just sent in my app a few days ago. I have 510 MCAT/3.6 cGPA and average to goodEC’s. Am I at a considerable disadvantage applying this late?
It's not that late for someone with those stats. You should be fine.

NO!

Bring brain, ID (driver's license or something in case security wants to check you in), professional clothes and that's it. If I see someone with a portfolio walking around Evans I'm gonna smack it out of their hands

Ayyyy, I brought a padfolio to ALL my interviews and looked profresh AF!

Reactions: 2 users
II just now at my top choice!! so excited to visit

Reactions: 4 users