2017-2018 Rejection Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toiletbowl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a survey to track rejections during the 2017-2018 application cycle. Similar to the interview surveys, this will give people a better idea of where to apply, which schools are sending out rejections, and how many rejections are being sent out. I am open to survey suggestions! The responses are anonymous.

Link to take the survey: 2017-2018 Rejection survey

Link to view the data: 2017-2018 Rejection Survey Data

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Bump

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yes, I just started an anonymous survey that asks for gpa, mcat, hours of experience, IS vs OOS, urm versus orm for candidates that have been rejected. First, this helps streamline some of the information that everyone asks for individually in the school threads. Each time someone posts that they got rejected, the first question is "Stats?". This survey can answer this question, without an individual having to publicly disclose their stats as the survey is anonymous.

Next, I am hoping to collect enough surveys to somewhat characterize the candidates rejected at each particular school. For example, I think it would be interesting to see the stats of a person rejected pre-secondary versus post-secondary versus post-interview.

In regard to what I plan on doing with the information collected: nothing. I just saw a need for this survey, so I started it. Maybe I will play around with graphs once I have enough surveys collected, then make the information publicly available. If someone more motivated and statistically inclined wants to take this over, I honestly wouldn't mind at all. :)

Good survey! :) So, the date given isn't the date they were rejected, it's the date they submitted their response, right? Also I think there might be something wrong with the MCAT section. The average doesn't seem right, 484 is an 8th percentile score.

Very insightful data, thanks so much! I noticed that the average MCAT for those that answered is far below the average MCAT for my school's medical school but the average GPA is comparatively higher compared to my school's medical school which makes me a lot less worried about my GPA right now.

I want to say cheer up to all those who have rejections and have yet to get acceptances. You still have time and if not this round you have a full year to strengthen your application and since you've already gone through this process you'll be a lot more stronger! Don't give up on your dream, you can do it!

Good survey! :) So, the date given isn't the date they were rejected, it's the date they submitted their response, right? Also I think there might be something wrong with the MCAT section. The average doesn't seem right, 484 is an 8th percentile score.

Thank you for the feedback! You are right- when I first created the survey, I didn’t do the scale properly. It was out of 100 (dumb- I know), so people were entering in there score as a percentile. I am going to adjust the first 12 responses to make the percentile a score, so the average isn’t skewed.

Reactions: 1 user