2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got the call today yay! Really liked the school for sure :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to the people accepted. Are the people getting calls 9/13 interviews any 9/22 peeps?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call Accepted to CO! Dream come true! Never thought I'd get to say it! wow..

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!!! Gah what an awesome day, congrats everyone! Interviewed 9/12

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone got the call from Utah campus yet?

You guys are making me super excited for my interview!!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone got the call from Utah campus yet?
Interviews are still being conducted at the Utah campus this week. The admissions committee will meet this Friday and calls will most likely be made Monday, October 2nd.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone! I can't wait to meet you all, my future classmates! ☺️

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you hear anything further on this? I am also still APPL, submitted secondary on 8/21.
I have not... did a new notification show up indicating something about letters of rec?

Did everyone who interviewed print the waivers and bring them with them or just sign them electronically?

I received conflicting info from 2 separate emails; I think they didn't update the one that said to print them out and bring them in, because the stats it gives are lower and seem a few years old. Just want to clarify that the e-sig is enough.

Did everyone who interviewed print the waivers and bring them with them or just sign them electronically?

I received conflicting info from 2 separate emails; I think they didn't update the one that said to print them out and bring them in, because the stats it gives are lower and seem a few years old. Just want to clarify that the e-sig is enough.
For both campuses I just signed them electronically. Nobody had brought them in person. So it's always possible that they change that part way through, but that was just two days ago at the Utah campus for what it's worth and last week in Colorado

just sign/submit on the portal

Reactions: 1 users

I signed them online, but also printed out copies and brought them with me (just in case it didn't go through online). I never had to show them the paper copy, so I'm sure just signing them online should be good!

Made the difficult decision to cancel my upcoming interview and withdraw my application. I was really excited about the school and location, but was accepted to a different school that is a little more established and has great affiliations. Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to those with interviews!

Rejected today, complete 8/10. Really wanted a shot at RVUCOM. Good luck everyone else!

Rejected today, complete 8/10. Really wanted a shot at RVUCOM. Good luck everyone else!
Awh I'm sorry :( This is totally freaking me out! I was FILEC 8/11, seems like a lot of people on 8/10 & 8/11 have posted about hearing back and I'm still on FILEC...guess I should be hearing something soon.

Also rejected here. I thought my research backgrounds and interests would have given me a good shot. It seems like the places everyone wants to live, like Colorado and the PNW, are more competitive. Best of luck to everyone!

II THIS MORNING! I'm over the moon!! This is my first one. I'm so nervous already!

II THIS MORNING! I'm over the moon!! This is my first one. I'm so nervous already!
Yay!! I've seen you worried all over these forums, so I'm happy to see you on the other side!

When did you schedule for?

Does anyone know how to see the secondary app once you get offered an interview? Now that the interview tab is available to me on the portal, I can't find the tab for my application.

Yay!! I've seen you worried all over these forums, so I'm happy to see you on the other side!

When did you schedule for?
Right?! Haha. I’m seriously so happy! I’m visiting family out of state right now and haven’t been able to look as into flights as I wanted to. I was preferring the 10th, but this is right after I move so I worry it’ll be too much. I’m leaning towards oct. 23rd but we’ll see. Depends on flights and all that jazz c:

EDIT: I scheduled for October 11th and landing October 10th! So excited.

Last edited:
Right?! Haha. I’m seriously so happy! I’m visiting family out of state right now and haven’t been able to look as into flights as I wanted to. I was preferring the 10th, but this is right after I move so I worry it’ll be too much. I’m leaning towards oct. 23rd but we’ll see. Depends on flights and all that jazz c:

EDIT: I scheduled for October 11th and landing October 10th! So excited.
Awesome!! I originally went for the 23rd also, but I ended up changing mine to the 9th! Good luck :)

Awesome!! I originally went for the 23rd also, but I ended up changing mine to the 9th! Good luck :)
Yay you too! It’s coming up so sooon. Let me know how it goes :D

I’m staying at Radisson hotel in Aurora since they have the shuttle. Anyone know cool things to check out while there with limited transportation?

Yay you too! It’s coming up so sooon. Let me know how it goes :D

I’m staying at Radisson hotel in Aurora since they have the shuttle. Anyone know cool things to check out while there with limited transportation?
There's a place called Daniel's Park ~ 20 minutes from the school that looks like it has really nice views.

I'm renting a car so I'm going into the mountains :D but if you have limited transportation it could be a cool place to check out

I'm a first year medical student at the Utah Campus. I have been loving it here so far!

A few considerations on this school.
1. The classes are hard (they are everywhere), but I feel like I have been learning so much, and looking ahead to USMLE Step 1 and the COMLEX (they have you take both) they are really doing a great job preparing you to be a great physician, and to be very competitive on the boards.
2. I love the area here, it feels a little more in the country, really an awesome place to raise kids, and you can't beat the hiking, rock climbing, rock hounding, swimming, biking, running trails, etc if you have even the slightest liking for the outdoors. At the same time its really bordering St George (less than 5 minutes into civilization), which is pretty big (as in there's a walmart, and Target, but no Trader Joes) Las Vegas is only a 2 hour drive away, so I haven't been suffering as far as exotic food goes.
3. The school is beautiful. Brand new and very high tech. We are one of the few schools that is teaching portable ultrasound technology that you can use in a regular doctors office, say for screening for obstruction in the carotid artery (because it correlates about 80% of the time to aortic obstruction). Its cutting edge stuff, and I am constantly impressed at what we get to learn next.
4. We still do full cadaver dissection for anatomy. You'd be surprised, but this is something that a lot of schools are doing away with. I believe that this is critical for understanding not only the anatomy, but the variation between people. If you're learning anatomy from a model or book you'll never understand that the subscapular nerve only bifurcates in about 50% of people (for example). Its pretty amazing the variety of anatomy we see in a room of 20 cadavers.
5. We're helping the school work out some kinks in the education, but honestly the administration is so responsive and helpful its been a lot of fun experimenting on getting the best of everything. I expect a lot of it will be ironed out by the time you guys get here (you're welcome) but, like any school or corporate environment, an attitude of problem solving rather than problem seeking will be helpful.
6. The biggest thing that drew me to this school and this campus is the atmosphere. The focus is on helping everyone succeed and the students are all about helping each other, sharing study resources and supporting the whole class. The administration has been super attentive, and really approachable, which has been awesome. Its really been an amazing place to come to school.

I look forward to seeing many of you on campus this year for interviews, and a lot of you on campus next year!

I'll try to check in once every few days or so. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

After we digitally sign that matriculation thing on the portal, are we good to go?
I think so.....that's all I did! I believe they will be emailing us with more info about the background check and drug screen.

There's a place called Daniel's Park ~ 20 minutes from the school that looks like it has really nice views.

I'm renting a car so I'm going into the mountains :D but if you have limited transportation it could be a cool place to check out
That’s good to know! This totally makes me wish I rented a car now lolol. I will check that place out though, thanks!!

fellow 9/20 RVU-SU interviewees! the wait is killing me. they said today would be the day right?

Accepted ! wohoo

Accepted at RVU-SU about an hour ago! So happy!!!

Just got the call! Interviewed 9/26. So excited!!

II just now to Colorado! gonna be fun :)