2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today for UT! Was complete 10/6. My CO one is still FILEC but was submitted 9/19 so still waiting for that one.

Members don't see this ad.

I am still on APPL and submitted the supplemental on 09/06. I don't want to be an annoyance, but I wonder if there's a hold up in it turning to FILEC. Is it too soon to call/email admissions?

I want to know what all of you Utah interviewees think of our campus/staff and experience in general on interview day? We didn't get a campus to tour and most of the faculty and staff had not been hired when we interviewed; so I thought it would be fun to see what you all thought.

For those that interviewed at both UT and CO, I don't feel like we need to compare the two campuses or anything like that...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from Colorado to be accepted earlier this week. Was absolutely BLOWN AWAY at my interview. Definitely my favorite school I've interviewed at so far and George is the DUDE.

Reactions: 6 users
Got the call from Colorado to be accepted earlier this week. Was absolutely BLOWN AWAY at my interview. Definitely my favorite school I've interviewed at so far and George is the DUDE.
Dude....George is the man. And congrats!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks bro! Honestly, RVU is so smart to have everyone check in with George before the interview. Such a good first impression of the school haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks bro! Honestly, RVU is so smart to have everyone check in with George before the interview. Such a good first impression of the school haha.
Absolutely. I'm like 95% sure I'm going to the Utah campus as of now, and I was totally impressed with their facilities and faculty...and I'm sure the security guys were great....but they were no George haha. He seriously put everyone in such a good mood, it made you happy going into the interview, making you smile and be yourself. Every school needs a George!

Dude....George is the man. And congrats!

Can confirm, as a CO student, that George brightens my day :). Especially before each exam, when he sends inspirational emails.

On another note, if anyone has any questions about life at the CO campus send me a message. I don't log in here much, but I'd be happy to answer questions as I catch them.

Just submitted my primary here today. Hoping for some attention!

George really is the best! I never miss a chance to say "hi" to him in the hallway or when he's at the desk. And even if you do miss greeting him... chances are, he won't miss the chance to give you some great encouraging words as you walk into your SP or after your exam, haha. And he always encourages us to take the candy that they keeps in a little bowl at the front desk. :p And yes, he really does send inspirational emails in the morning before our exams. They're the best, and sometimes he even makes the lines in his emails rhyme! xD

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that RVU has now opened registration for the background and drug test for accepted students through mystudentcheck. I was a little surprised at the cost of $142...but what can you do? Anyways, thought i'd let you guys know.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that RVU has now opened registration for the background and drug test for accepted students through mystudentcheck. I was a little surprised at the cost of $142...but what can you do? Anyways, thought i'd let you guys know.
Awesome thanks so much that's great to know!!

Does anyone know how it works with the background/drug test? Like, if we wind up going somewhere else, can we use the same results for those schools?

I know they require it within 30 days of acceptance but I still have schools I'm waiting to hear from. I guess $142 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things but...

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, where did you find this info? I can't see it anywhere on the portal.

Edit: Just kidding, I found it under the "announcements" tab if anyone is curious.

Anyone know where we can find the 3 page physical form they talk about?

Does anyone know how it works with the background/drug test? Like, if we wind up going somewhere else, can we use the same results for those schools?

I know they require it within 30 days of acceptance but I still have schools I'm waiting to hear from. I guess $142 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things but...
I interviewed there last Friday and was told if the other school participates in "mystudentcheck" then your results can be forwarded. But take that with a grain of salt!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how strict that 30 day time limit for drug test and background check are? I'm traveling and cannot do the check right now. I told them when I was accepted but was curious if anyone else had similar experiences

Looks like its been uploaded under the Matriculation Information and Forms tab in recent years but it isn't there yet for us

Anyone know how strict that 30 day time limit for drug test and background check are? I'm traveling and cannot do the check right now. I told them when I was accepted but was curious if anyone else had similar experiences

Not sure how strict it is... but my question is: how did you find out it's a 30 day time limit?

Exactly my thoughts... if I'm waiting to hear from other schools, should I pay that $142 now?? >< What did you end up doing/are you going to do?

I emailed them last night and received a reply this morning. Basically, they said do not worry about a time limit for the background check and drug test and to disregard any deadlines regarding those since they changed the company that used to do this. They said they will email us all with instructions when they know more :)

If you go through the mystudentcheck process and place your order, you will come to a confirmation screen at the end. There was a link to the PDF there for me. I can't remember the exact name of the PDF though...:(

I emailed them last night and received a reply this morning. Basically, they said do not worry about a time limit for the background check and drug test and to disregard any deadlines regarding those since they changed the company that used to do this. They said they will email us all with instructions when they know more :)

That is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this reply was prime. Exactly what I needed to hear

Okay, awesome!! I think I will hold off until we get that email, then. Thank you for sharing :)

Anyone received II recently?

A couple weeks ago they were giving out IIs to the early August FILEC's, so just wondering whereabouts in the order they are now - was FILEC in mid-late August.

Anyone received II recently?

A couple weeks ago they were giving out IIs to the early August FILEC's, so just wondering whereabouts in the order they are now - was FILEC in mid-late August.

Recieved II today! Complete 8/29 w/ 3.4 GPA 515 MCAT

Aw, rejected pre-II for Colorado (but II for Utah on 11/14)

omg II todayy!!! so excited!!

interviewing 11/15

Super late to the ball game but just submitted by secondary for UT and CO :)

I submitted my secondary 9/4 and was marked complete yesterday (10/25). I was wondering approximately how long it took most to get a rejection or II.

I submitted my secondary 9/4 and was marked complete yesterday (10/25). I was wondering approximately how long it took most to get a rejection or II.
It was super variable

Recently canceled interviews for both campuses; hope they go to one of you guys still waiting! good luck to everyone applying here!

I submitted 9/3 and finally got FILEC on 10/24. Fingers crossed for both of us! The APPL/FILEC/II timeline seems to be all over the place.

I submitted 9/3 and finally got FILEC on 10/24. Fingers crossed for both of us! The APPL/FILEC/II timeline seems to be all over the place.
Seriously lol I submitted on 9/11 and was filec the same day as you.

II today via e-mail. I'm thinking of signing up for 11/8 date! I was complete on 9/15!

Would any current/past students be willing to comment on the quality of 3rd/4th year rotations? Do you think they prepared you well? Thank you in advance!! :)

First ever interview invitation received on Friday by email! I was FILEC on 10/5.

Wasn't supposed to hear back for a while but logged onto the portal to see "accepted". Anyone else?
Interviewed on 10/20, was told we'd hear back on 10/31.. But today I have an accepted checklist! So I'm hoping that's good news because this was such an amazing school that I'd love to go to!

Submitted 9/26, FILEC status today! Probably not a meaningful data point, but I'm excited nonetheless!

Would any current/past students be willing to comment on the quality of 3rd/4th year rotations? Do you think they prepared you well? Thank you in advance!! :)

When I interviewed I stayed with 2 third years, one of which to I went to undergrad with, and asked them the same questions. He said absolutely. Due to the rigorous curriculum and the layout of revisiting each system with pathology during 2nd year not only prepped them well for rotations, but was a great format for board prep. He said getting rotations was easy as well, though the school could help more if you have preferences.

For those interviewing, if you need a place to stay I have an extra bedroom with a blow-up queen mattress (or my couch if you hate those) that you are welcome to use. I also know a second year who does ABNB. We live across the street from the school. Just message me if you want.

Got the call that I have been accepted! After the interview, this school became my first choice. Looking forward to starting here in the fall!

Got the call that I have been accepted! After the interview, this school became my first choice. Looking forward to starting here in the fall!
Can't wait to meet you and all the rest of our class. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Did anyone stay at the Raddison/can comment on their shuttle service?

Not sure if it’s better to stay there or just at the hotel in Parker. Flying into Denver Int’l.

Thanks for the help!

Did anyone stay at the Raddison/can comment on their shuttle service?

Not sure if it’s better to stay there or just at the hotel in Parker. Flying into Denver Int’l.

Thanks for the help!
yeah, they were cool. no complaints other than the shocks/struts should be replaced.