2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jumped back on to see how everything is moving forward! So glad to see so much good news from people who started this journey sometime back! To those applying, good luck; to those interviewing, breath easy; and to those accepted, I can't wait to meet you all!!!

RVUCOM-CO 2022

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to CO campus yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed on 11/10 and absolutely loved the school. Friendly environment and supportive community :) I will be withdrawing my acceptance from the UT campus, and hope it goes to one of you lucky SDNers!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to CO campus yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed on 11/10 and absolutely loved the school. Friendly environment and supportive community :) I will be withdrawing my acceptance from the UT campus, and hope it goes to one of you lucky SDNers!
And I'm officially with withdrawing from CO today to go to UT haha. Congrats!! Maybe you can convince George to send his motivational e-mails to both campuses for me ;)

Also, to the other Utah people who couldn't see their matriculation agreements before even after they signed it, mine now has a signed date of yesterday, even though it was forever ago. And when viewing the actual matriculation agreement I signed at the bottom it has todays date, so it looks like we are all good to go if we already signed previously. Hopefully everybody else has theirs too!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Really hope SU gets some action today. For the CO people accepted yesterday -- when did you notice a change on your portal?

Really hope SU gets some action today. For the CO people accepted yesterday -- when did you notice a change on your portal?
I had actually checked my portal yesterday ~7 am CO time, and it hadn't updated. Got the call around 10 am, checked, and it was changed. I had checked my portal for the UT acceptance at around 9 am, though, and it was changed to accepted about 3 hours before the call came in.

I had actually checked my portal yesterday ~7 am CO time, and it hadn't updated. Got the call around 10 am, checked, and it was changed. I had checked my portal for the UT acceptance at around 9 am, though, and it was changed to accepted about 3 hours before the call came in.
I was accepted around 9 am yesterday and checked today...my portal still has interview in progress D:

Accepted to SU campus!!! Just got the call :D

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to SU campus! :soexcited::soexcited::highfive: :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted to SU campus today! Probably going here :) excited to meet you all!

Reactions: 2 users
I am super glad that we are getting in when we are. I think it will be a much better market for us then even in a few years in Utah, the only thing about this that concerns me is the possibility that IHC might hold off on any firm commitments with Rocky Vista for Med students rotating and their hospitals say in Utah County and elsewhere to see how things go with this school. Regardless of the implications I'm so glad that we are getting in when we are!
New medical school coming to Utah County in 2021

Reactions: 1 users
This was talked about somewhat earlier but did anyone find out when the drug screen and all that jazz is due? Trying to figure out how quickly I gotta drop this ~$150. :)

This was talked about somewhat earlier but did anyone find out when the drug screen and all that jazz is due? Trying to figure out how quickly I gotta drop this ~$150. :)
Haha burning a hole in your pocket huh ;) I think the goal is to try and get drug test and background check in by December 14th, but you have longer for the immunizations and medical history. But I'm pretty much done with all of it so I haven't paid attention to the deadlines, someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Haha burning a hole in your pocket huh ;) I think the goal is to try and get drug test and background check in by December 14th, but you have longer for the immunizations and medical history. But I'm pretty much done with all of it so I haven't paid attention to the deadlines, someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Okay! Hahaha. This is definitely the cheapest part of this whole process. I'm just gonna suck it up and pay it now. Seem stuff whether it's pre or post paycheck. Yay credit cards!

I asked the woman who called me today, and she said that the drug test needs to be done by matriculation, but that they recommend doing it early enough in case there are any issues of any sort. Hope this helps!

I asked the woman who called me today, and she said that the drug test needs to be done by matriculation, but that they recommend doing it early enough in case there are any issues of any sort. Hope this helps!
Awesome, thank you!

Hm, I emailed and asked and was told the drug test and background check needs to be completed by December 14th.

Hey everyone, trying to decide between RVU and WVSOM and had a question about RVU. Anyone know why the students are > 80% male?

Hey everyone, trying to decide between RVU and WVSOM and had a question about RVU. Anyone know why the students are > 80% male?
Hm. Colorado is about 60ish I believe so I assuming you're talking about Utah. They mentioned a lot of students are on military scholarship which tends to be disproportionately male so might be why.

Hm. Colorado is about 60ish I believe so I assuming you're talking about Utah. They mentioned a lot of students are on military scholarship which tends to be disproportionately male so might be why.
Yea, stats were for Utah I believe. And that's what I thought, but wasn't sure if there was another reason or not. Thanks for the reply!

Ok so this has been talked about multiple times, but I'm really quite confused about the timeline for the background check, drug screening and immunizations. I've done my background check and registered for the drug screening just haven't physically gone and done it yet. I've read it needs to be done within 30 days of acceptance, by December 14'th, and by matriculation and then for even further confusion I don't know if this means registered or completed and resulted. Has anyone gotten anything in writing that tells us the exact timeline?
Yeah it's kind of unclear. I noticed a few days later on my matriculation agreement (it may have been acceptance offer? one of those) said in writing that it should be done in 30 days.

Has anybody started a Facebook group for our class? (SU)

Ok so this has been talked about multiple times, but I'm really quite confused about the timeline for the background check, drug screening and immunizations. I've done my background check and registered for the drug screening just haven't physically gone and done it yet. I've read it needs to be done within 30 days of acceptance, by December 14'th, and by matriculation and then for even further confusion I don't know if this means registered or completed and resulted. Has anyone gotten anything in writing that tells us the exact timeline?
It was originally within 30 days, but they were getting into a new contract agreement with a new provider. When they finally finished the contract, they told us that it had to be done by December 14th. I have emailed and asked for clarification, and was again told that the background check + drug test needed to be complete by December 14th. We have until matriculation to turn in the immunization stuff.

It was originally within 30 days, but they were getting into a new contract agreement with a new provider. When they finally finished the contract, they told us that it had to be done by December 14th. I have emailed and asked for clarification, and was again told that the background check + drug test needed to be complete by December 14th. We have until matriculation to turn in the immunization stuff.
The process should be started by the 14th; however does not have to be completed by then.

The process should be started by the 14th; however does not have to be completed by then.

I believe this to be the correct answer. I called the Colorado admissions office today and was told that we do not have to take the drug test by the 14th, we just need to be registered for it by then.

Yeah, I registered and the labcorp agreement says I can come by any time before a day in May.
Paid for my first deposit/background check today!
I don't believe I'll need any additional immunizations, which is nice, but they provide a simple PDF to print and take to all of your visits for signing. Seems straightforward.

The RVU website is *still* malfunctioning for me when it comes to signing the online forms (photo release and Matriculation agreement), but I'm not too worried about it.

What day does the first semester start? I know last year it was late July. I’m trying to hike the JMT and need to plan ahead.

It will be interesting to see if the stats change in the next few years as RVU-SU moves away from being a brand new campus. I heard some administration say that they sent out interview invites to roughly 50% female and 50% male. For what ever reason more girls decided to decline the II or acceptances last year.

Anyone else having trouble finding the facebook page? I definitely don't consider myself technologically inept haha
possibly that will work

It will be interesting to see if the stats change in the next few years as RVU-SU moves away from being a brand new campus. I heard some administration say that they sent out interview invites to roughly 50% female and 50% male. For what ever reason more girls decided to decline the II or acceptances last year.

I predict it will be the school with the highest stats of any DO school. A lot of people from Utah would rather stay and go DO than leave the state to go MD. Just a guess. Also, isn't RVU-CO in the top 5 LizzyM scores for DO schools? I bet Utah will be a touch higher, though I think RVU really, honestly does a great holistic review and that stats aren't everything to them.

Last edited:
Hello! Are there any Facebook groups for Colorado campus yet? thanks!

Accepted to CO campus. Does anyone know what the actual sites are for core rotations in CO?

I believe this to be the correct answer. I called the Colorado admissions office today and was told that we do not have to take the drug test by the 14th, we just need to be registered for it by then.
Hm, interesting. When I contacted them, they said it had to be done by then! I'll be slightly annoyed if we just had to be registered by then, because I would've put registration off until later to save the money.

Either way, it's a bit annoying that they make us begin this process so early because you have to pay for the services when you register. Most schools don't require the background check and all of that stuff until matriculation; I loved RVU but I'm still waiting to hear from a school higher up on my list, and it sucks that I had to spend the $140 to get the process started before hearing from the other school.