2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Colorado secondary submitted!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when this school starts giving interview invites for the UT campus. Can't find anything online.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

I've seen from last year's thread that interviews started rolling in the first week of August for RVU-CO. I'd imagine they'd start around the same time at UT.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone having trouble submitting their secondary? I keep pressing "Continue" but the page doesn't change. When I look at my info, it says "Payment pending" but I received no email with a receipt.

Where in the portal can I see if I am a complete applicant?

I've seen from last year's thread that interviews started rolling in the first week of August for RVU-CO. I'd imagine they'd start around the same time at UT.
Seems so late! Considering AZCOM has already began handing out II's. Crazy how this all works... BTW, for those wondering, app submitted 6/1, secondary received 6/23, and secondary submitted 6/26.

Anyone know when this school starts giving interview invites for the UT campus. Can't find anything online.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

I received mine towards the end of August (24th?) last year and I think that was their first wave of IIs. They were behind Colorados schedule and they might also be behind this year because they are still getting things panned out for the first class to start.

Curious if everyone's essay formatting goes to shyte after submission. Ie, the nice paragraph breaks I made got smooshed together. What is the point of limitless essays if they get condensed into wall of text?:uhno:

Curious if everyone's essay formatting goes to shyte after submission. Ie, the nice paragraph breaks I made got smooshed together. What is the point of limitless essays if they get condensed into wall of text?:uhno:
Yeah, same here. Outta curiosity what browser did you use to write your essay. I'm wondering if maybe that has something to do with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Who is going to the open house on Tuesday?

Mine did. I went with it.

For those that got the initial rejection for not having their MCAT score posted, did you email them back or did they send you a secondary after your score posted on their own.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone complete on their portal? I submitted at end of June and still says "applicant"

For those that got the initial rejection for not having their MCAT score posted, did you email them back or did they send you a secondary after your score posted on their own.
It came automatically. I reached out to them just to make sure it was an error and not an outright rejection.

Back when I applied in 2015, I emailed them directly after.
I had no idea I had to send in the MCAT manually.

"why do you want to be an osteopathic physician"... ummm maybe read my personal statement? How much repeat are you guys doing on this one?

And with no word limit, whats a good target length for everything?
I was usually hitting about 250 words back when I did the application

Everyone still on "Applicant" status?

Reactions: 5 users
Was your file applicant before it said filec? I've been on applicant for a while now and i'm pretty sure everything is in

Yeah it was applicant for the longest time. I honestly don't even know what FILEC actually means

Woah, that was fast. Submitted on 7/14 and FILEC as of just now (7/19)!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 5.26.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 5.26.22 PM.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just sent in an email to ask if they received my LORs. Everyone else on Applicant status except for Hay?

I called and talked to someone (who was extremely nice) who said its not an issue, and if they're missing something they will contact us. They said to expect decisions on interviews to be sometime in August.

Reactions: 2 users
I called and talked to someone (who was extremely nice) who said its not an issue, and if they're missing something they will contact us. They said to expect decisions on interviews to be sometime in August.
Nice work my friend. Thanks for letting us know!

Ugh, you guys calling and being all reasonable. I prefer to pessimistically speculate like a good applicant should!:whistle:

Reactions: 2 users
My colorado status says File complete, but Im still an applicant under the Utah tab. It seems like we're a few weeks from II's so there's no point in worrying about it...?

Rejection via the portal! Best of luck to everyone awaiting an invite :) You got this!

Got rejected pre-interview via portal :(

Starting to get nervous. I applied to 15 schools, but now I'm wondering if I should do more :shrug:

@PastorDoc @DecisionTime2017 I'm sorry that you both got rejected here, but I'm sure you'll have wonderful opportunities elsewhere!

Would you mind sharing your stats so we can have an idea of what is/isn't competitive?