2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting to hear back results for drug screen. How long did it take to find out for you guys?

just kidding... takes 24-48 hours and you have to request a copy from precheck as they don't post the results.

Time to make that deposit
How do you request a copy? I saw on the RVU portal that they received my drug test report, but was wondering why I couldn't access it.

Members don't see this ad.

How do you request a copy? I saw on the RVU portal that they received my drug test report, but was wondering why I couldn't access it.
You have to email them (the studentcheck people). It's super low-key and they'll send your results right over:)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any reason this tax bill will affect us anymore negatively being at a for-profit school? No change to our financial aid eligibility? Someone on Reddit said there's a lower cap on max loans meaning some people, especially MD/DO Ph.D, will have to take private loans likely. Anything else that would affect us during these four years? Obviously there's the whole interest deductions and all that. Trying to read it myself but man there's a reason I didn't go into law. It doesn't really affect my decision to go here, just whether or not I need to find a way to get some other private loans down the road. And unfortunately I can't do the HPSP

no changes for us

Reactions: 1 user
Who makes the fb groups? I wanna get in on the CO class of 2022 page! Start finding some roommate candidates

Reactions: 5 users
Who makes the fb groups? I wanna get in on the CO class of 2022 page! Start finding some roommate candidates
Been wondering this for awhile too! I think I saw on prior threads that admin makes one eventually but otherwise a person just has to make it. I think. Haha.

Been wondering this for awhile too! I think I saw on prior threads that admin makes one eventually but otherwise a person just has to make it. I think. Haha.

Our class still uses the page made by accepted students (not by the school). It's quite possible that there will be changes and new policies made about that, but one of you usually make it and then when you vote for Student government they will likely play the roles of admin on the page and create official social media policies and what not.

For those of us who were accepted in the last week or two, we do NOT have to do anything by tomorrow's deadline right? I'm hearing ours is 01/03, right?

Was paying the deposit nice and quick? I'm putting it off until tomorrow on the off-chance my top choice decides to be nice and release decisions tomorrow instead of Friday

Our class still uses the page made by accepted students (not by the school). It's quite possible that there will be changes and new policies made about that, but one of you usually make it and then when you vote for Student government they will likely play the roles of admin on the page and create official social media policies and what not.
Let's just say, not to give away my online identity or anything, but I may or may not have been the person that made the Rocky Vista Southern Utah page. And then I just received a message on Facebook from someone who works at Rocky Vista asking me to make a couple minor changes to the page. I asked for them if they would be setting up an official one later they said they like the students to do it and take initiative. So someone from Colorado get on it!

Let's just say, not to give away my online identity or anything, but I may or may not have been the person that made the Rocky Vista Southern Utah page. And then I just received a message on Facebook from someone who works at Rocky Vista asking me to make a couple minor changes to the page. I asked for them if they would be setting up an official one later they said they like the students to do it and take initiative. So someone from Colorado get on it!
Alrighty- made a group y’all. RVUCOM-CO class of 2022:love:

Reactions: 5 users
Was paying the deposit nice and quick? I'm putting it off until tomorrow on the off-chance my top choice decides to be nice and release decisions tomorrow instead of Friday

It is very quick. Make sure it’s not due by 5 pm tomorrow or something weird!

Members don't see this ad :)
Besides the 3 titers that are pretty common everywhere, does anyone know the list of vaccines required? I know it's on studentprecheck, but for some reason I can't locate the vaccine list.

I am actually in shock right now. II today. Been FILEC since October, but really figured I just didn't have a chance. I am definitely going to find a way to go, even though I've already shelled out a deposit.

Reactions: 6 users
I am actually in shock right now. II today. Been FILEC since October, but really figured I just didn't have a chance. I am definitely going to find a way to go, even though I've already shelled out a deposit.

+1 and definitely thought that ship had sailed.

Reactions: 2 users
I sent in my supplemental app at 10/24 yet I’m still have the “applicant” status. Any idea how long it takes to have my application complete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if they inform people of their acceptance decision post interview on days other than Monday? They told me they will meet 12/15 and let us know the following week. I have a $3000 deposit due for Burrell this coming Monday and I'm hoping to hear back from RVU before then. On a similar note, do you think its bad to call/email them and ask them if they'd be willing to tell me their decision on Monday?

Does anyone know if they inform people of their acceptance decision post interview on days other than Monday? They told me they will meet 12/15 and let us know the following week. I have a $3000 deposit due for Burrell this coming Monday and I'm hoping to hear back from RVU before then. On a similar note, do you think its bad to call/email them and ask them if they'd be willing to tell me their decision on Monday?
If you’re talking about Colorado then it seems they do exclusively Monday from what I’ve seen. That being said, you should know before 5pm so I’m assuming you’d still have time for Burrell. I would maybe email them to /confirm/ said date and say you have a large deposit due elsewhere and that RVU is your top choice so you want to double check you’ll hear back in time. Might make them call you sooner if you’re accepted. My call was around 9 AM

If you’re talking about Colorado then it seems they do exclusively Monday from what I’ve seen. That being said, you should know before 5pm so I’m assuming you’d still have time for Burrell. I would maybe email them to /confirm/ said date and say you have a large deposit due elsewhere and that RVU is your top choice so you want to double check you’ll hear back in time. Might make them call you sooner if you’re accepted. My call was around 9 AM

I actually was talking about Utah, but hopefully it is the same! Thanks, I'll definitely email them today and let them know they are my top choice.

I actually was talking about Utah, but hopefully it is the same! Thanks, I'll definitely email them today and let them know they are my top choice.
They are so incredibly nice, I would definitely send them an email. If they couldn't let you know by the end of the day today I bet that they would let you know earlier in the day on Monday, they would totally understand. Good luck, hopefully you don't have to pay that other giant deposit.

They are so incredibly nice, I would definitely send them an email. If they couldn't let you know by the end of the day today I bet that they would let you know earlier in the day on Monday, they would totally understand. Good luck, hopefully you don't have to pay that other giant deposit.

Yes! They're some of the nicest people I have ever met. I just didn't want to overstep and seem too pushy for them to make their decision lol, especially since it is the end of the semester and I'm sure they're all busier than usual. I sent the email, and hopefully I hear back soon :)

Got the call! Accepted to UT campus!!

Got the call as well! Anyone know how long it takes for the portal to reflect the change?

II today, would a Jan interview be for a waitlist spot?

II today, would a Jan interview be for a waitlist spot?
They accept around 80% of the people they interview. With those stats, I doubt they interview for waitlist spots.

Here is a slightly embarrassing situation: I applied to RVU-COM Colorado and received the secondary. I setup the web portal account that they mail you, and thought I filled out the secondary at the same time. I don't know why I have memories completing their secondary, because I never did. I got an email from them today saying if I'm still interested then please fill out the secondary. I'd love to go to this school, but I wonder if it is still worth applying this late in the cycle...
Any one care to offer their two cents?

Here is a slightly embarrassing situation: I applied to RVU-COM Colorado and received the secondary. I setup the web portal account that they mail you, and thought I filled out the secondary at the same time. I don't know why I have memories completing their secondary, because I never did. I got an email from them today saying if I'm still interested then please fill out the secondary. I'd love to go to this school, but I wonder if it is still worth applying this late in the cycle...
Disclaimer is my answer will probably be the same with most schools- but if you're genuinely interested in the school, then of course, apply! If the application fee isn't going to make or break you I'd say it's worth the investment. It is late in the cycle, but you don't know if you don't try. There are people who send secondaries late and get accepted. So yes, apply :)

They sent me the exact same email but I had completed my secondary mid October. I emailed them back and they finally said my app was complete!

They sent me the exact same email but I had completed my secondary mid October. I emailed them back and they finally said my app was complete!

Oh NO!!! That makes my situation all the more confusing...I could have sworn I did it, I even found the word doc with the essays I wrote, but then I looked on the portal and it said 0% complete. I've decided to (re?) submit and not bring my absentmindedness to their attention :whistle:

For any current CO students, how soon do you think we should start looking at housing? And do you have any recommendations on cars for there besides all wheel drive?

Just got a II - any insight into the interview day/tips? Thanks!

Just got a II - any insight into the interview day/tips? Thanks!
Congrats! I can't speak to SU, but if CO, they tell you they accept 80% of those they interview. So relax and enjoy it. You'll have some faculty come speak with you, and a tour, and a 30-40 min interview with two faculty (one interview with two faculty). Make sure its a good fit for you. Ask questions. Know your file. Talk to students and faculty if you get the opportunity. Make friends with your fellow interviewees. At this point, the adcom just wants to make sure "you are in person who you appear to be on paper."

Any hotel recommendations for the Colorado campus? I plan on flying in the night before. Also, would you guys recommend getting a rental car or just uber to campus on interview day? Any insight would be appreciated!

Any hotel recommendations for the Colorado campus? I plan on flying in the night before. Also, would you guys recommend getting a rental car or just uber to campus on interview day? Any insight would be appreciated!

I’m flying in that morning and ubering there! Short flight for me though.

I definitely recommend renting a car 90% of the time. The school is about 30 minutes from the airport, an Uber would cause just as much (and most likely more) than renting a car. So with that in mind, you may as well give yourself the peace of mind for 1) being able to explore and 2) leave when you want rather than wait for an Uber in a super suburban area. Better off renting a car. I stayed in the Ramada inn. Not a fun area for exploring but a pretty dang nice hotel for the price! 5 minute drive from the school and had a great hot breakfast that I had before my interview.

EDIT: if you rent a car ask about pre-paying for toll options. I was really upset because my navigation took me on a toll road more than once that I just needed to be on for a minute or two. I did end up later getting $18 in toll fees from enterprise and was pretty annoyed. (I come from a state with no tolls- this was odd for me)

I booked the Radisson (it's in the list they give on the portal) because they offer free shuttle service to/from airport and the school, hopefully it's reliable

I would definitely recommend renting a car!

I booked the Radisson (it's in the list they give on the portal) because they offer free shuttle service to/from airport and the school, hopefully it's reliable
I know this isn’t the case always but two people who used the shuttle were thirty minutes late on interview day. Renting a car is definitely worth it and you don’t /typically/ save anything if at all by not doing so. I originally was gonna use the shuttle and am glad I didnt

I know this isn’t the case always but two people who used the shuttle were thirty minutes late on interview day. Renting a car is definitely worth it and you don’t /typically/ save anything if at all by not doing so. I originally was gonna use the shuttle and am glad I didnt
Yeah, I rented a car from the airport for like, way less than an uber to & from the airport would've cost. Relying on a shuttle from a hotel would've given me way too much anxiety haha

Do any current students live in Denver and commute?

Yes. I did during OMS-II and it was a blast. Much funner than living in Parker

Okay I was actually thinking of living in Lodo but don’t know if the 25 minute commute would be doable due to the crazy traffic. Also I’m super sad there’s not a light rail that will take you closer to the school.

Okay I was actually thinking of living in Lodo but don’t know if the 25 minute commute would be doable due to the crazy traffic. Also I’m super sad there’s not a light rail that will take you closer to the school.

Lodo is too expensive, IMO. I was in Washington Park