2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also rejected and complete August. Good luck to everyone in the running here!

Members don't see this ad.

Ah complete mid August and no hold/no rejection yet. Hello RFU, I will accept any last minute interview spots left ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah complete mid August and no hold/no rejection yet. Hello RFU, I will accept any last minute interview spots left ;)

If it helps, last year a buddy of mine received an II invite on Monday, April 10th for an interview on Friday, April 14th. There is definitely still hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have some idea about Waitlist movement at RFU?

When are they done interviewing? I was complete early oct (cuz I forgot to send CASPer....) and kinda figured they were done already

When are they done interviewing? I was complete early oct (cuz I forgot to send CASPer....) and kinda figured they were done already
I have heard that they have interviews through april!

Check my post above, they are interviewing through the end of April. Last year a friend of mine got the II invite on Monday April 10th for an II that Friday (April 14th), and there were definitely still people interviewing after that.

Fyi - the facebook page for the class of 2022 is up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted just now. Interviewed early early March.:shrug:

Last edited:
Complete July. II 2/28. Waitlisted today.

EDIT: Startclass says they give around 630 Interviews from which 192 will be accepted. So for those who are waitlisted like me, we have some pretty good odds. ~1/3 of us will be accepted. Fingers crossed for everybody!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

EDIT: Startclass says they give around 630 Interviews from which 192 will be accepted. So for those who are waitlisted like me, we have some pretty good odds. ~1/3 of us will be accepted. Fingers crossed for everybody!

According to MSAR, they interviewed 928 last year for a class of 192. 189 matriculated. Every school will accept many more candidates than that, though, because many will decide to matriculate elsewhere. I’m guessing they’re going to have a lot of waitlist movement this year.

According to MSAR, they interviewed 928 last year for a class of 192. 189 matriculated. Every school will accept many more candidates than that, though, because many will decide to matriculate elsewhere. I’m guessing they’re going to have a lot of waitlist movement this year.

Excactly, a school like RFU likely accepts twice as many people as they have spots for (that’s assuming a 50% matriculation rate, which is likely an overestimate). So if they’re expecting a class of 190 or so, then I would expect them to give out approximately 400 acceptances. Now, if their matriculation rate is lower than 50% (which is totally possible), then the number of acceptances will go even higher. A 40% matriculation rate would correspond to ~500 acceptances, and a 1/3 matriculation rate would require ~600.

There essentially has only been two weeks of acceptances, the soonest they could go out was 10/15 and they stopped going out 10/27. Sounds like RFU changed its mind halfway through the cycle and now only wants to accept people at the end.

I think you’re interpreting that information incorrectly. The school has room for 192 incoming students, but there will be far more acceptances given out than that since not everyone who receives an acceptance will come to the school. I’d bet that half of the people who interview will be given an offer of admission

I emailed them last week about how long I should wait after being put on post-interview hold in January and they said to wait a few more weeks...:eyebrow:

I emailed them last week about how long I should wait after being put on post-interview hold in January and they said to wait a few more weeks...:eyebrow:
Does anyone know what a post interview hold means?

Is there a difference between post-interview waitlist and post-interview hold? my email specifically said waitlist.
Also, does anyone have access to specific data on acceptance rate off the waitlist?
I dont know if i should be happy with this or not :( interview early march

So, since everybody is flipping out, I asked someone in Admissions today what's happening...

There are 162 confirmed acceptances so far and 200 on the waiting list for a class of 188. They are waiting to hear from a couple of the feeder programs to fill out the rest of the numbers (those spots have to be held for those students per agreements) and also expect there to be a significant amount of WL movement after April 30th.
They also said that they have most definitely been communicating with applicants, so if you think you haven't heard back, then you need to check all your email folders (spam, promotions, etc.) If you're on the WL, then you definitely got an email.

Also, RFU g0t 12,600 apps this year and interviewed/will interview nearly 1000 folks. Each of those apps has to get screened (first by CASPR, then by academic metrics), then the ones that pass the minimum bars for those get reviewed holistically (read for an hour by an adcom) before it goes to the committee for decision to interview or not. After interview, there is another committee meeting to review apps again before the decision.
All of that takes time. Lots of time. And you want them to take that time, because if they only took 5 min with your app and got back to everybody faster, you'd stand much less of a chance of actually getting in.

On a personal note, probably a quarter of my classmates this year got their acceptances in May or June last year, so there really is plenty of hope on the wait list.
So, if you've interviewed and are on the wait list, hang in there.
If you interviewed and don't know if you're on the wait list, search your email.
And if you haven't been invited to interview, well... hopefully you have other options/ a plan B.

Reactions: 7 users
So, since everybody is flipping out, I asked someone in Admissions today what's happening...

There are 162 confirmed acceptances so far and 200 on the waiting list for a class of 188. They are waiting to hear from a couple of the feeder programs to fill out the rest of the numbers (those spots have to be held for those students per agreements) and also expect there to be a significant amount of WL movement after April 30th.
They also said that they have most definitely been communicating with applicants, so if you think you haven't heard back, then you need to check all your email folders (spam, promotions, etc.) If you're on the WL, then you definitely got an email.

Also, RFU g0t 12,600 apps this year and interviewed/will interview nearly 1000 folks. Each of those apps has to get screened (first by CASPR, then by academic metrics), then the ones that pass the minimum bars for those get reviewed holistically (read for an hour by an adcom) before it goes to the committee for decision to interview or not. After interview, there is another committee meeting to review apps again before the decision.
All of that takes time. Lots of time. And you want them to take that time, because if they only took 5 min with your app and got back to everybody faster, you'd stand much less of a chance of actually getting in.

On a personal note, probably a quarter of my classmates this year got their acceptances in May or June last year, so there really is plenty of hope on the wait list.
If you interviewed and don't know if you're on the wait list, search your email.
And if you haven't been invited to interview, well... hopefully you have other options/ a plan B.
Do you think we would have been rejected by now if we didnt make it past the CASPer screen? IDK if people have reported pre II rejections or not but Ive been in silence and was rejected pre II form every other CASPer school.

I think every thread needs a hero like this.

Reactions: 3 users

Do you know if the pre-interview screening involves making sure the applicant meets the pre-req courses?

So wait they've already sent out 162 acceptances from just the first two waves of acceptances in October? I haven't heard anything from the admissions office since my interview until I called and asked when they told me that my application was still under review two and half months after my interview...

Thank you so much for inquiring for us. This is the information we all were looking for and would loved to have received it from the Admissions office directly. Nonetheless, I am very appreciative, thank you!!

Any ideas of where post-interview hold puts an applicant? Should those of us in this group anticipate hearing before April 30th or are we essentially wait listed applicants? Questions for anyone who wants to weigh in.

Thanks for this nice writeup. Any thoughts on why they haven't cut the pre-II applicants loose yet?

There are a quite few of us who have contacted admissions and have been told we are still under review despite interviewing in November, I think this is where the flipping out is stemming from

So they have given out 162 acceptances? Or they have 162 people who accepted the offer of admission and are currently slated to attend next year?

Hi. Thank you for your post. I found it very informative and it somewhat eased the anxiety that is caused by this application process. I was wondering if you, or anyone else, can clarify what "confirmed acceptances" means? Does this mean that 162 people have paid the deposit and wish to attend RFU? Or is it just the number of acceptances that the AdCom has sent out?

EDIT: Apparently TracyMorganFreeman and I think alike lol ^^

Last edited:
So they have given out 162 acceptances? Or they have 162 people who accepted the offer of admission and are currently slated to attend next year?

Accepted students have two weeks to pay their deposit and fill out their intent to enroll. I read this as 162 people have done so already. Students can hold multiple acceptances until April 30th, so some of those 162 might decide to go somewhere else.

The wait is finally over lol Waitlisted today. Interviewed 11/15. I'll be taking myself off the waitlist! Good luck y'all!!

Sorry if this was already discussed in this thread, but why is it that this school is "unranked" on US news? I'm not sure how to interpret that, because this school actually has pretty impressive match lists.
I believe a school can choose to not to send information requested by US news. If this happens they will not have a rank. That's not to say RFU would rank highly since if your school doesn't reach a certain rank, I don't think US news publishes the rank

Do you think we would have been rejected by now if we didnt make it past the CASPer screen? IDK if people have reported pre II rejections or not but Ive been in silence and was rejected pre II form every other CASPer school.
If you didn't make the CASPER screen at those other schools, then you can probably assume you didn't make it at this one either and adjust your future plans accordingly. Probably time for some self reflection.

Do you know if the pre-interview screening involves making sure the applicant meets the pre-req courses?
Yes, of course it does.

Thank you so much for inquiring for us. This is the information we all were looking for and would loved to have received it from the Admissions office directly. Nonetheless, I am very appreciative, thank you!!

Any ideas of where post-interview hold puts an applicant? Should those of us in this group anticipate hearing before April 30th or are we essentially wait listed applicants? Questions for anyone who wants to weigh in.
The admissions office is busy reading the thousands of applications that they recieve and, per nationwide protocol, isn't required to disclose this information to you. Them's the breaks.

As to "post-interview hold" I'm not sure what that means, but my guess would be that it's the waitlist. So wait and see what happens after April 30.

Thanks for this nice writeup. Any thoughts on why they haven't cut the pre-II applicants loose yet?
They don't have to. Many schools don't.
And anyway, at this point in the cycle you should assume you're out of the running for any school you haven't heard from yet. Any anecdotes you may hear to the contrary are happy surprises, not likely probabilities.

There are a quite few of us who have contacted admissions and have been told we are still under review despite interviewing in November, I think this is where the flipping out is stemming from
Having gone through 2 cycles myself, I understand the emotional rollercoaster and I sympathize. However, you did get an interview, which means you met all the minimum criteria. Since you didn't get rejected straight out after your interview, then you probably did okay with that too. Beyond that, it comes down to a limited number of seats and an overwhelming plethora of qualified, interesting applicants. Not all can be given a spot. It's not over for you here yet, but since you already have another acceptance in hand, you'll be fine either way.

There essentially has only been two weeks of acceptances, the soonest they could go out was 10/15 and they stopped going out 10/27. Sounds like RFU changed its mind halfway through the cycle and now only wants to accept people at the end.
Acceptances have been going out all along from all the interview dates. The SDN cohort just happened to not recieve any of them.

If you didn't make the CASPER screen at those other schools, then you can probably assume you didn't make it at this one either and adjust your future plans accordingly. Probably time for some self reflection.

Well Im not sure if I did or not. Just no IIs from them but schools can't release CASPer info apparently so they outdent say if I didnt make the cutoff or if I did and they just didnt think the rest of my app was competitive. Kinda wish they would give you a score after the test.

Well Im not sure if I did or not. Just no IIs from them but schools can't release CASPer info apparently so they outdent say if I didnt make the cutoff or if I did and they just didnt think the rest of my app was competitive. Kinda wish they would give you a score after the test.
I see. Yeah, I hear you on that - not getting any feedback about CASPer is frustrating and doesn't do anything to help the anxiety of the whole process.

However, my understanding is that they just use CASPer as a weed out tool, so having a score wouldn't really tell you anything anyway. It's commonly used as a metric to see who would do acceptably well in MMIs. So if somebody "bombed" it (whatever that would mean), then they probably wouldn't do well in a MMI, and inviting that person to a MMI interview would be a waste of everybody's time. But that's just a minimum threshold thing, not anything more.

And if another school is saying the rest of your app wasn't competitive, then you should probably look to the rest of the package and stop worrying about CASPer.

Sorry if this was already discussed in this thread, but why is it that this school is "unranked" on US news? I'm not sure how to interpret that, because this school actually has pretty impressive match lists.

I believe a school can choose to not to send information requested by US news. If this happens they will not have a rank. That's not to say RFU would rank highly since if your school doesn't reach a certain rank, I don't think US news publishes the rank

RFU is unranked, which is different than rank not published. Unranked means that the school does not submit information to participate in US news rankings. Some objectively good schools have chosen to go unranked (mayo until 2010 for instance). Others probably because they know they won't rank highly.

Rank not Published means that the school submitted information to be ranked and ended up below a certain threshold.

Malcolm Gladwell wrote an interesting article on some of the inherent flaws in US News rankings a few years ago. The Trouble with College Rankings.

One of the many issues I have with CASPer is how secretive it is. If you don't get in after this cycle, contact some schools that you applied to and ask what you could have done to be more competitive. Some admissions offices won't tell you, but others will let you know what you need to work on.

I am so confused by this hold, it makes zero sense
My understanding is that a hold (at any stage) means they haven't made a decision yet and want to continue to evaluate you against more applicants. With a post-interview hold, you could be on the fence between rejection and wait-list, or wait-list and acceptance. Hoping it turns into good news for you!