2017-2018 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Rowan-SOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trust me I feel you. The weekend of 11/3 was brutal, and my whole last year was like that on 3 waitlists...

calls have come in Saturday and Monday by the look of it, or never in the case of some. It's not over till you get your decision, and while acceptances seem to be released earlier, a later one does not necessarily mean alternate list.
Im sorry, your whole answer didn’t download on my phone until now for some reason!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted interviewed 11/9

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ya I was surprised to hear back so fast. They apparently just got out of their meeting at like 4 PM and then called me.
Did they say if they were going to call everyone on friday? Who was your interviewer if you dont mind me asking?

Have people been waitlisted/rejected post interview? I interviewed 10/17 and have yet to hear back

Congrats!!
sorry about the intrusion but I saw that you interviewed 9/28 and heard back 11/3. Were you waitlisted or they just didn't get around to reviewing your app during the meetings? Just wondering since I haven't heard back.

sorry about the intrusion but I saw that you interviewed 9/28 and heard back 11/3. Were you waitlisted or they just didn't get around to reviewing your app during the meetings? Just wondering since I haven't heard back.

I wasn't waitlisted, just accepted. They said during my interview we were expected to hear back are between 4-6 weeks and I heard back in a little over 4. The first review session that I could have been looked at was the first Friday in October, but they had other groups to do first so the 9/28 group got pushed back to the third Friday in October - October 20th. Some people from my session heard that day, some didn't. My interviewer didn't get to present that day so my app got pushed back into review to the next First Friday of the Month - November 3rd - when I got my acceptance call.

Reactions: 1 user
I wasn't waitlisted, just accepted. They said during my interview we were expected to hear back are between 4-6 weeks and I heard back in a little over 4. The first review session that I could have been looked at was the first Friday in October, but they had other groups to do first so the 9/28 group got pushed back to the third Friday in October - October 20th. Some people from my session heard that day, some didn't. My interviewer didn't get to present that day so my app got pushed back into review to the next First Friday of the Month - November 3rd - when I got my acceptance call.
Makes sense! that makes me feel a little better, the stories of the people who got a call only a week or so after their interview really freaked me out! Im going to call tomorrow to find out. Btw I LOVE your username, pretty much describes all pre-meds ever lol

I interviewed this past Saturday morning (11/18), and was told the committee tries to make their decisions within 3 weeks, although with the Thanksgiving Holiday, it might take a little longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
For all y'all accepted to this school, feel free to join "RowanSOM accepted Class of 2022" on facebook.
I'm a new member, so I can't post any links here yet, but you should have no problem finding this group.
Congrats on your acceptances!
And good luck for those who are waiting on their pre/post-interview acceptances. I know it can be nerve wrecking, but you will get through this. We all did and survived :)

I interviewed on 9/27 with Dr. Jermyn and still haven't heard anything back. I emailed them and they said im still in the process and my app is yet to go before the committee. It's insane that it's taken this long.

I called this morning and she said that my app went before the committee and that they do have a decision but my interviewer has to contact me. She said i'm on his list and repeated my number to me, but when I asked about them calling only if its an acceptance she said she wasn't sure and not really. Im not sure if i'm accepted and she couldn't give me the news bc my interviewer has to call me or if i'm a special case of rejection/waitlist and my interviewer will call me. She said only he has my info and that she would email him right away to contact me, and that he has been very busy.

I don't know what to think! what do you guys think she meant??

I called this morning and she said that my app went before the committee and that they do have a decision but my interviewer has to contact me. She said i'm on his list and repeated my number to me, but when I asked about them calling only if its an acceptance she said she wasn't sure and not really. Im not sure if i'm accepted and she couldn't give me the news bc my interviewer has to call me or if i'm a special case of rejection/waitlist and my interviewer will call me. She said only he has my info and that she would email him right away to contact me, and that he has been very busy.

I don't know what to think! what do you guys think she meant??
It means you got accepted. They don't call otherwise :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if they will be given anymore interview invitations?

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Got the call today 1:50pm.

I dont know how to feel. Is it real? Is it true??? Am I rlly going to be a doctor? Do dreams really come true??? I don’t know how to feel!! Im so happy!

Reactions: 11 users
Thank you so much! Good luck to you too! You're going to be an amazing physician! I hope I get to work with you one day! :)

I really appreciate that! Glad I could convey that over the internet!!! :p

I dont know how to feel. Is it real? Is it true??? Am I rlly going to be a doctor? Do dreams really come true??? I don’t know how to feel!! Im so happy!
Congrats!! Did your interviewer call you?

Congrats!!! Bet you were biting your nails all weekend...

It's real. I had to check my call history just to make sure mine was though.

See..And you were worried lol. Congrats! Will you be attending and joining our class?

Congrats!!! Bet you were biting your nails all weekend...

It's real. I had to check my call history just to make sure mine was though.
Biting my nails is an understatement. Idk how I survived this weekend!! Lol and omg I checked it too!

See..And you were worried lol. Congrats! Will you be attending and joining our class?
Thank you!! Lol yes I will!! Just have to get some finances in order and that’s about it!

Congrats! I knew you were gonna be accepted!

Should I be expecting the acceptance packet by snail-mail or email? And should I be worried if it doesn't arrive in a few days? I know the holiday is coming up, but its not like an exploding offer or anything is it?

Since the interview had to be scheduled in 24h I am a bit worried, heh.

Should I be expecting the acceptance packet by snail-mail or email? And should I be worried if it doesn't arrive in a few days? I know the holiday is coming up, but its not like an exploding offer or anything is it?

Since the interview had to be scheduled in 24h I am a bit worried, heh.

If you call and ask for someone to send it via email I’m sure they would. If you speak to Kirsten I’m sure she’s be more than happy to send it right away. Usually, it only comes via snail mail, but like I said you could ask to have it emailed to you also. It doesn’t contain anything SUPER important like financial aid stuff, so don’t be too worried about not getting it immediately. If you want to jump the gun a bit, I Would suggest you start having your undergraduate insitutions send transcripts to Rowan.

got the acceptance call last friday! anyone know how long it takes to get the e-mail information?

Reactions: 4 users
Current student here. We just finished a block and we are on break, so I figured I would get on here and clear a few things up.

1. Clinical experience at Rowan is top notch. We have everything from family medicine to urology. On top of that our teaching hospital just became Jefferson Hospital, which is one of the best hospital systems in the area. Clinically, the future has become even brighter for Rowan.

2. If you have the option of doing Pre-Matric DO IT!!! We are nearly half way done with first year and still seeing topics that we saw in Pre-Matric.

3. Some of my classmates didn't get into the school until super late in the cycle, so don't be discouraged if you haven't heard back yet. Control what you can: continue reaching out and building your application while you wait.

4. I am on break for the next four days, so inbox me with questions if you have any.

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed here 11/16. One of my top choice schools so I'm anxiously waiting to hear back! Hopefully before the holiday break! Ahh

Reactions: 4 users