2017-2018 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Rowan-SOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think our deadline is December 14th, but don't quote me on this. I'm pretty sure it's in the acceptance email!

Hey how long after your acceptance call did you get an email? I was accepted by phone but I'm still waiting for the information

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey how long after your acceptance call did you get an email? I was accepted by phone but I'm still waiting for the information

I received the call on 11/3 and the email/acceptance packet on 11/8. The snail mail formal acceptance letter 11/13.

Has anyone with 11/17 calls gotten anything? I'm a bit nervous. But it is a holiday week...

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance package today.

Did you guys include things like parking tickets on the background check? It says "felonies, misdemeanors, or other offenses."

Got my acceptance package today.

Did you guys include things like parking tickets on the background check? It says "felonies, misdemeanors, or other offenses."

That's awesome! I'm no sure if I missed this, but when did you interview?

Long time lurker, first time poster!!
Applied: 8/30 II: 9/25 Interviewed: 11/16
Hoping to hear back Friday as well! Interviewed with Dr. Herring, a truly brilliant, warm-hearted doctor.

Reactions: 6 users
Hoping to hear back Friday as well! Interviewed with Dr. Herring, a truly brilliant, warm-hearted doctor.

Hi, I actually interviewed with him as well.. Super nice doctor.. Just a follow up question, why are you expecting to hear back this Friday? Last week was Thanksgiving and they said it takes typically 4-6 weeks to hear back. You think they'll decide by this Friday?! :O

Hi, I actually interviewed with him as well.. Super nice doctor.. Just a follow up question, why are you expecting to hear back this Friday? Last week was Thanksgiving and they said it takes typically 4-6 weeks to hear back. You think they'll decide by this Friday?! :O
Hi, I interviewed with Dr. Jermyn on 11/18. As head of the admissions committee he said they try and make calls within 3-4 weeks. However with the Thanksgiving Holiday, he said it might take a little longer. That being said, would be awesome if we all heard back by this Friday!!!

Hi, I interviewed with Dr. Jermyn on 11/18. As head of the admissions committee he said they try and make calls within 3-4 weeks. However with the Thanksgiving Holiday, he said it might take a little longer. That being said, would be awesome if we all heard back by this Friday!!!

Yeah I had called yesterday and asked someone in admissions who mentioned they try to get back to us on a 3-4 week timeline, even after I mentioned they date I interviewed. As for the whole Thanksgiving Holiday delay, I must've been in the interview when they mentioned that :/ Hoping to hear back something good this Friday tho!! Love this school and its mission! Top choice!! Rated 11/10 stethoscopes!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I had called yesterday and asked someone in admissions who mentioned they try to get back to us on a 3-4 week timeline, even after I mentioned they date I interviewed. As for the whole Thanksgiving Holiday delay, I must've been in the interview when they mentioned that :/ Hoping to hear back something good this Friday tho!! Love this school and its mission! Top choice!! Rated 11/10 stethoscopes!
At the top of my list as well. Really impressed with their program and mission. Also getting a ton of research grant $'s which really puts the school ahead of many others.

At the top of my list as well. Really impressed with their program and mission. Also getting a ton of research grant $'s which really puts the school ahead of many others.

If you interviewed withing the last two weeks I can almost guarantee you wont be hearing anything back by Friday. For most of us it took nearly a month, if not longer, for them to get back to us. All I can suggest is that you call on a weekly/biweekly basis and just ask about your interview and where you stand at that point in time. You may hear back by the end of the week, but their track record suggests that that's highly unlikely. Just try and remain positive until you hear back! You've done all you can do and eventually you'll get the answer you're looking for!

In reference to the money for research, I am almost certain they are the top funded DO University by the NIH. That's pretty impressive!

Reactions: 2 users
If you interviewed withing the last two weeks I can almost guarantee you wont be hearing anything back by Friday. For most of us it took nearly a month, if not longer, for them to get back to us. All I can suggest is that you call on a weekly/biweekly basis and just ask about your interview and where you stand at that point in time. You may hear back by the end of the week, but their track record suggests that that's highly unlikely. Just try and remain positive until you hear back! You've done all you can do and eventually you'll get the answer you're looking for!

In reference to the money for research, I am almost certain they are the top funded DO University by the NIH. That's pretty impressive!
Possibly the only DO program getting more research and grant $'s is MSU-COM, For OSS, cannot believe how prohibitively expensive their tuition is!! And as I mentioned previously, Dr. Jermyn said the committee tries to make their calls with 3-4 weeks, but with the holiday, a month or longer is more realistic.

Last edited:
Possibly the only DO program getting more research and grant $'s is MSU-COM, For OSS, cannot believe how prohibitively expensive their tuition is!!And as I mentioned previously, Dr. Jermyn said the committee tries to make their calls with 3-4 weeks, but with the holiday, a month or longer is more realistic.

Isn't it true that you can apply for NJ residency and then pay in-state tuition? I'm hoping this is true!

Isn't it true that you can apply for NJ residency and then pay in-state tuition? I'm hoping this is true!

No, like most states you need to have lived in the Jersey for AT LEAST 12 months. I guess you could be here for one year, paying OOS tuition and then begin paying IS tuition the following year.

I think for NJ med schools, you have to establish NJ residency for 1 year before matriculation or you pay OOS for all 4 years.

Reactions: 3 users
Dr. Herring is my favorite. Hands down, this guy is a legend! He interviewed me and called me when I was accepted. He is extremely intelligent and kind

I hope you're right! Might go crazy if I have to wait another 2 weeks...

Does anyone know if the Prematric program is mandatory?
Like Tattedmed stated, some people are required others not. Usually, those that are required either had an MCAT that was weaker, a weaker science GPA, or a non-trad who has been removed from the sciences for quite some time. If you are not one of the three of those than I wouldn't worry about being required to do it. My MCAT was not stellar so I am required to do it. I heard that those that do it, are glad they did and suggest that everyone do it, as it helped them with the overall transition and the first year material tremendously!

Like Tattedmed stated, some people are required others not. Usually, those that are required either had an MCAT that was weaker, a weaker science GPA, or a non-trad who has been removed from the sciences for quite some time. If you are not one of the three of those than I wouldn't worry about being required to do it. My MCAT was not stellar so I am required to do it. I heard that those that do it, are glad they did and suggest that everyone do it, as it helped them with the overall transition and the first year material tremendously!

Someone posted on here not that long ago that the information presented in the program was still being covered this late in the semester. It's worth it for that alone, in my opinion, whether you're required to do it or not. Plus, you'll get to meet a ton of people before the school year starts.

Someone posted on here not that long ago that the information presented in the program was still being covered this late in the semester. It's worth it for that alone, in my opinion, whether you're required to do it or not. Plus, you'll get to meet a ton of people before the school year starts.
Amen!

Where is the information on the pre-matriculation program? No mention of it in my acceptance letter or the pdf they sent with the admissions confirmation and background check form.

Worried I might be a bit rusty... Though I also need to work up until July. I was hoping for a little 2-week vacation with my family before I can't.

Where is the information on the pre-matriculation program? No mention of it in my acceptance letter or the pdf they sent with the admissions confirmation and background check form.

Worried I might be a bit rusty... Though I also need to work up until July. I was hoping for a little 2-week vacation with my family before I can't.

Call and ask for it, I didn't have any of the info either until I requested it. It doesn't really tell you much other than when it is.

I'm not required to do the pre-matric program but I just signed up to do it! Can't hurt to get a headstart! I emailed Ferin Ford, [email protected] and they sent me the documents to get signed up!

I believe the dates are: 6/18/2018 - 7/20/2018

Last edited:
Possibly the only DO program getting more research and grant $'s is MSU-COM, For OSS, cannot believe how prohibitively expensive their tuition is!!And as I mentioned previously, Dr. Jermyn said the committee tries to make their calls with 3-4 weeks, but with the holiday, a month or longer is more realistic.
ACCEPTED!!! Completely blown away....Dr. Jermyn just called a half hour ago. Interviewed on 11/18 and never expected a call this early. I sincerely hope the best for everyone on this thread.

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed on 11/16. Anyone from that day hear back today?

for those of you who were accepted - did you notice a change to your portal after being accepted? or did it stay the same?
interviewed 11/9 and waiting lol

for those of you who were accepted - did you notice a change to your portal after being accepted? or did it stay the same?
interviewed 11/9 and waiting lol

Accepted - no change to the portal.

Interviewed 11/16 and no word yet as well. Anybody who interviewed with Dr. Russell Griesback on 11/16 or later hear back yet?

Interviewed with Dr. Venkataraman on 10/26, still no call... giving up hope at this point

I just got the acceptance call from Dr. Griesback! :) I received an invite 9/20 and interviewed 11/9!

Reactions: 4 users
Got a phone call from Dr. Herring around 3pm. Rowan here I come!!

Reactions: 7 users
Same interviewer, same day.. he got the call, I didn't, is it bad news for me?

Last edited:
I got the call from Dr. Herring today at around 10AM. I have absolutely no words. Thanks for all the info everyone provided on this forum. Does anyone know what's the next step in sending deposit and all that?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how long we have to decide before the deposit is due?

I got the call from Dr. Herring today at around 10AM. I have absolutely no words. Thanks for all the info everyone provided on this forum. Does anyone know what's the next step in sending deposit and all that?
Congrats! Deposits are due December 14th I think by check or money order. Make the check payable to Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine. Spoke with Lauren in admissions about it. You will get an acceptance package by email within the next week or so and an official acceptance letter by snail mail within a week or two.

Last edited: