2017-2018 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Rowan-SOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey,
I'm looking at the form right now. Still a little confused. Do I make the check payable to "Office of Admissions" or "Office of Admissions at there address listed"? Thanks!!
I was planning on making it to "Office of Admission."

Members don't see this ad.

When I sent mine in I called, they said to make it out to the school...

When I sent mine in I called, they said to make it out to the school...

I called as well, but it seems that they were closed today. Went straight to voicemail several times. Just don't want to mess this part up lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete early July, OOS with good stats, expecting a rejection. Anyone else completed early and heard nothing?

I applied as OOS in june and did not hear anything back until august 21st. Interviewed on 31st, accepted last week

HI! For those accepted, does anyone know who we should make the $195 check payable to? Thanks!! So pumped!!

If they sent you an acceptance letter, it says it directly on the front page of the admissions checklist!

2 days until the 2 month mark since my supplemental was completed... This waiting game

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Hope to here similar news soon haha definitely a top choice school for me! When were yall complete?
I was actually just complete a week ago! I was waiting on my August MCAT score and got it back 9/19.

Is the interview open file or close file?

I had no idea. Honestly we barely talked about things on my application. We basically discuss personal attributes and what i could bring to the medical profession

Reactions: 1 user
2 days until the 2 month mark since my supplemental was completed... This waiting game

I have called admin committees and they have said the same words. "we know it's a stressful period for you, but it's a waiting game at this point."

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the interview open file or close file?
The interview is open file, my interviewer had my application opened in front of him . I agree with RBL. My interviewer didn't really focus that much on my application. He asked typical interview questions (why medicine, why DO, greatest strength/weakness, why Rowan, etc.). He was aware of what was on my application though. Hope that helps

Reactions: 3 users
Rowan has a relatively high post-interview acceptance rate if you dont apply late so congrats to all with IIs up to this point. High chance of acceptance if youve gotten this far this soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Not a peep from here since I submitted my secondary...been roughly 2 months.

II today, completed 8/22
Anyone know the ratio interview invites to acceptance?
I am in state by the way

Not a peep from here since I submitted my secondary...been roughly 2 months.

It's too early to start worrying! I applied in the last year's cycle and was complete in like august or so. Got the interview end of April and was put on the hold list in april. Unfortunately they didn't get through the hold list fully so I am starting with you guys but just wanted to say they go back and forth a lot with the applications so don't start worrying just yet. Even if you complete it early, they tend to interview until as late as May. We were also told last year during interview that they were working to increase the seat numbers for this year's class.

I've read that the post-interview acceptance rate is around 80%. One of the highest of all med schools actually, which is a good thing for those with IIs. However, this only really holds true if the applicant has not applied late. Rowan is notorious for only interviewing candidates they are highly considering

It's too early to start worrying! I applied in the last year's cycle and was complete in like august or so. Got the interview end of April and was put on the hold list in april. Unfortunately they didn't get through the hold list fully so I am starting with you guys but just wanted to say they go back and forth a lot with the applications so don't start worrying just yet. Even if you complete it early, they tend to interview until as late as May. We were also told last year during interview that they were working to increase the seat numbers for this year's class.
Thanks for this, it definitely helps! I'm generally trying to be patient, but definitely a lot harder with the schools I'm itching for hah. This process is quite the lesson in patience, good luck this round :D

Has anyone received a confirmation email from Rowan saying your acceptance packet was received?

This waiting is very stressful!
I can't stop grinding my teeth!

Has anyone received a confirmation email from Rowan saying your acceptance packet was received?

I called to verify that they received everything since I never heard anything. I'm not sure they send out any information regarding their receiving of your materials.

Does anyone know how long after interviewing we could expect to hear back?

To anyone who drove to the interview.. where is the parking? The lot near the admissions building seemed small

To anyone who drove to the interview.. where is the parking? The lot near the admissions building seemed small
I believe that is the only place to park for people being interviewed. There are other lots around the school, but don’t park in patient parking bc they are strict about that. I’m sure as long as you have that printout on your dashboard you will be fine.

I believe that is the only place to park for people being interviewed. There are other lots around the school, but don’t park in patient parking bc they are strict about that. I’m sure as long as you have that printout on your dashboard you will be fine.
thanks!

Does anyone know how long after interviewing we could expect to hear back?

It really depends on when you interview. The earlier in the cycle you interview, the better chance you have of hearing back sooner. When I interviewed last cycle in March, it took nearly 2 months to hear back! You can always call for updates, I called on a biweekly basis and the admissions staff was more than willing to answer my questions. :)

It really depends on when you interview. The earlier in the cycle you interview, the better chance you have of hearing back sooner. When I interviewed last cycle in March, it took nearly 2 months to hear back! You can always call for updates, I called on a biweekly basis and the admissions staff was more than willing to answer my questions. :)
When I went, they said that the admissions committee meets every two weeks. Also, if you applied regular decision, the earliest you can hear back is october 15th.

When I went, they said that the admissions committee meets every two weeks. Also, if you applied regular decision, the earliest you can hear back is october 15th.

There's people that have applied RD that have already heard back though.... :thinking:

There's people that have applied RD that have already heard back though.... :thinking:
Yeah. I applied RD and have an interview in early October. But I'm also in-state, which might make a difference...?

really are you sure they didnt click the early decision button. its not just rowan, its every school who has been embargoed until october 15th for releasing regular decisions. and by that i mean acceptences and rejection.

When I interviewed August 30th, Ms. Watkins had said they already interviewed 2 ED applicants and were waiting on one more to submit their materials. Everyone that has recently been accepted are regular decision (myself included). Hope that helps

I've read that the post-interview acceptance rate is around 80%. One of the highest of all med schools actually, which is a good thing for those with IIs. However, this only really holds true if the applicant has not applied late. Rowan is notorious for only interviewing candidates they are highly considering
And where did you read this? I'm genuinely curious.

Once you get an interview here is that the main thing they use to make their decision? My interviewer told me I did really well and basically said he really wants me, so I'm wondering if the admissions committee can still reject you if your interview went well. I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up or not and I hate waiting lol.

Anybody else interviewing on Thursday 10/4?

I'm wondering the same, because at that rate the class size would be double what it actually is.

Whatever it's worth though, the national average for acceptance into ANY medical program is roughly ~2%

Last edited:
I got access to the US News and World Report with interview to acceptance information! • r/premed

This is based on interviewed to accepted (not matriculated) ratios from the US news and world report. This is what i saw. I also have heard from RowanSOM themselves when i was there that they do have a much higher post-interview acceptance rate. Theyre very picky about who they interview. Keep in mind i didnt say that their acceptance rate is 80 percent. They get around 8000 apps and they only interview a select few so once youre selected for an interview your chance at acceptance are considerably higher. Also, I think that class size for 2016 and 2017 was around 182 and this year they are talking of expanding even more. This means they accept almost double that and interview a little more than what they accept so it does seem sound.
I'm wondering the same, because at that rate the class size would be double what it actually is.

Whatever it's worth though, the national average for acceptance into ANY medical program is roughly ~2%

Attachments

• IMG_1874.PNG
    IMG_1874.PNG
    178.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I got access to the US News and World Report with interview to acceptance information! • r/premed

This is based on interviewed to accepted (not matriculated) ratios from the US news and world report. This is what i saw. I also have heard from RowanSOM themselves when i was there that they do have a much higher post-interview acceptance rate. Theyre very picky about who they interview. Keep in mind i didnt say that their acceptance rate is 80 percent. They get around 8000 apps and they only interview a select few so once youre selected for an interview your chance at acceptance are considerably higher. Also, I think that class size for 2016 and 2017 was around 182 and this year they are talking of expanding even more. This means they accept almost double that and interview a little more than what they accept so it does seem sound.

I have spoken to students on the ad-com and the numbers they've given me in relation to this reddit post are pretty far off. I guess it's a matter of who you want to believe at this point. That thread is pretty interesting though!

I have spoken to students on the ad-com and the numbers they've given me in relation to this reddit post are pretty far off. I guess it's a matter of who you want to believe at this point. That thread is pretty interesting though!
Oh wow that is definitely interesting. What numbers did the ad-com students tell you? I am very curious. Thanks for the input!

Oh wow that is definitely interesting. What numbers did the ad-com students tell you? I am very curious. Thanks for the input!

500-600 interviewed with roughly half of them being accepted