2017-2018 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Rowan-SOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow those odds are not too great haha not feeling too comfortable with having an interview there and it being my number one choice. Yikes
Actually 50% is pretty high.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewed here on 9/28 - waiting on that decision.

Overall, I was happy with the interview. They really know your file so you should know it well. The staff were all very friendly and the student tour guides seemed to like the school. The other students just casually in the building seemed pretty happy, too. I also know two students, a first year and a second year, who love it there. The facilities are nice and the area is suburban with plenty of options for food and housing. I would be happy to attend here if accepted.
---------------------------------------------
cGPA: 3.77, sGPA: 3.64, LM: 68

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
“AnxietyNation” honestly THE BEST username.

Reactions: 4 users
Is it too late to apply here? Only one II invite so far, so expanding my options. My AACOMAS was complete yesterday.

double the class size is highly false. They have expanded, true... but to a size of 200 students....with increase efforts to recruit more in-state applicants. I heard this from the mouth of the medical school associate dean himself.

I have spoken to students on the ad-com and the numbers they've given me in relation to this reddit post are pretty far off. I guess it's a matter of who you want to believe at this point. That thread is pretty interesting though!

the exaggeration on SDN is through the roof when it comes to numbers smh

Reactions: 1 users
the exaggeration on SDN is through the roof when it comes to numbers smh
And just because they accept roughly around 50% of total interviewees doesn't mean that they will always accept half and reject the other half after every interview session. As someone mentioned, if applicants interview early on in the cycle and do well, post-interview acceptance rate might be higher than 50%, and then eventually fall below that as the cycle progresses.

double the class size is highly false. They have expanded, true... but to a size of 200 students....with increase efforts to recruit more in-state applicants. I heard this from the mouth of the medical school associate dean himself.

Anytime I got to any event at the school, they ALWAYS bring this up. They're very proud of their expanding class size and it does get larger every year, but it has yet to break even 190 and only increases by maybe 3-5% every year the past couple of years. If anyone has been to the campus, you'd know the chances of the class size doubling anytime in the near future are basically nonexistent. There's just not enough room for that many people!

Is it too late to apply here? Only one II invite so far, so expanding my options. My AACOMAS was complete yesterday.
It shouldn't be. They interview up till the end of March/beginning of April.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any calls today yet? Today was the first meeting since my interview last week so I'm hoping to hear good news soon

Any calls today yet? Today was the first meeting since my interview last week so I'm hoping to hear good news soon
I just got the call!!!! Interviewed 9/23

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 9/23, got a call 2 hours ago but missed it!!!!! Guess I’ll have to wait a bit longer :/

Interviewed 9/23, got a call 2 hours ago but missed it!!!!! Guess I’ll have to wait a bit longer :/
What number was it? Why don't you call back? At least you know you were accepted!

What number was it? Why don't you call back? At least you know you were accepted!
The program assistant left a message with I believe the admissions office number, but I called them back 13 times (I was getting antsy) with no answer. I just want to hear the word “accepted” before I get too excited haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The program director left a message with I believe the admissions office number, but I called them back 13 times (I was getting antsy) with no answer. I just want to hear the word “accepted” before I get too excited haha
Oh wow haha 13 times I don't blame you I'd probably do the same thing! But why else would they call you if you weren't accepted?

No anxiety until someone from 9/28 crushes my dreams #tooreal

Reactions: 2 users
No anxiety until someone from 9/28 crushes my dreams #tooreal
I'm on the same boat. I’m holding onto my phone for dear life.

I feel like the time period waiting after the interview causes even more anxiety than the time waiting for the interview invite.

Last edited:
I'm on the same boat. I’m holding onto my phone for dear life.

I feel like the time period waiting after the interview causes even more anxiety than the time waiting for the interview invite.
I don't think they'll call this late. Looks like we have to wait until at least next week

This is making me feel a bit better. Maybe they legit didn't get to us.
Well if they didn't get to us in the meeting then we'll have to wait another two weeks which sucks

Well if they didn't get to us in the meeting then we'll have to wait another two weeks which sucks

I guess 3 weeks is better than 4 weeks *kinda, just trying to see the bright side*

I don't think they'll call this late. Looks like we have to wait until at least next week

I guess 3 weeks is better than 4 weeks *kinda, just trying to see the bright side*

It could ALWAYS be worse, like wait-a-month-to-hear-a-decision-only-to-be-hold-listed-and-have-to-wait-all-summer-just-to-be-deferred-until-the-following-year worse. ;)

Reactions: 3 users
It could ALWAYS be worse, like wait-a-month-to-hear-a-decision-only-to-be-hold-listed-and-have-to-wait-all-summer-just-to-be-deferred-until-the-following-year worse. ;)
Oh hush you know how much anxiety this is

Last edited:
OMG. What month did you interview?

been there, done that

Hey so I called. The 9/28 people are still being reviewed. She mentioned potentially 10/20 for the next committee meeting.

Hey so I called. The 9/28 people are still being reviewed. She mentioned potentially 10/20 for the next committee meeting.
Thanks for making the call and getting us the info :)

So another two weeks of waiting? Did she say if they got to any 9/28 interviews at all?

Just got my acceptance package!!

Fyi, interviewed on 23rd September (my first interview jeez!), got the acceptance call from one of my interviewers on 6th October, and finally received the anticipated email today half an hour ago.
Hopefully that put y'all comparing timelines at ease.

Also who's gonna be my classmate? Comment here or add yourself to the "RowanSOM accepted class of 2022" group on facebook.

Let's get this party started :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Just got my acceptance package!!

Fyi, interviewed on 23rd September (my first interview jeez!), got the acceptance call from one of my interviewers on 6th October, and finally received the anticipated email today half an hour ago.
Hopefully that put y'all at ease comparing timelines.

Also who's gonna be classmate? Comment here or add yourself to the "RowanSOM accepted class of 2022" group I've created on facebook.

Let's get this party started :)

Congrats!

Hello! Rowan SOM is my first choice although I applied RD because I didn't have a 3.6 overall! No interview invite yet, what do you guys think are my chances? (I did get 3 interviews at other D.O. schools already. Applied osteopathic only). I'm definitely getting scared reading how everybody already got interviews! :((

Stats:
Complete: 8/3/2017; however pre health committee letter not uploaded until 9/25/2017 (no control over this, pre health advisor was late due to large cohort of students)
cGPA: 3.58
sGPA: 3.60
MCAT: 517
Major: Biomedical Engineering. Biology Minor
ECs: lots, research, volunteering, HCE, I took a gap year currently working as Patient Care Tech in Hospital and Kaplan MCAT instructor
LORS: D.O. and M.D. letter

In State student, I know several Rowan SOM med students!!

Hello! Rowan SOM is my first choice although I applied RD because I didn't have a 3.6 overall! No interview invite yet, what do you guys think are my chances? (I did get 3 interviews at other D.O. schools already. Applied osteopathic only). I'm definitely getting scared reading how everybody already got interviews! :((

Stats:
Complete: 8/3/2017; however pre health committee letter not uploaded until 9/25/2017 (no control over this, pre health advisor was late due to large cohort of students)
ECs: lots, research, volunteering, HCE, I took a gap year currently working as Patient Care Tech in Hospital and Kaplan MCAT instructor

I am gonna say really good. We have borderline mirror backgrounds, even including MCAT instruction.

Stats:

I am going to say great chances. Your app was complete when you put in the letter, right? So 9/25? It's only been 2 weeks. :) I had to wait 4 weeks to get an II. Keep the faith.

Stats:

Yeah we both have really similar stats too. It took me about a month to get the invitation so I would expect it by the end of October

Stats:

Hey Dont worry , you have awesome stats. I know many people whose stats are nowhere close to you who got into Rowan or any other DO schools. It's just a waiting game for you, just wait for them to get around to your application and be impressed. With your mcat score and your job as a patient care tech, I think you will stand out.

Updating on that call I missed on Friday after the adcom meeting. Called back this afternoon, no answer...BUT I received my acceptance email with the acceptance letter and all that jazz. So...officially accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Updating on that call I missed on Friday after the adcom meeting. Called back this afternoon, no answer...BUT I received my acceptance email with the acceptance letter and all that jazz. So...officially accepted!
~Official~ Congrats

Haha see I told you! Congrats! Sadly I might have to wait 2 weeks to hear back

did anyone who got waitlisted last year and re-applied have yet to hear back? Thought I would have a better shot this year having applied much earlier..