2017-2018 Rush Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just received a third application update email saying they are still reviewing apps :whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
The third time Rush has given me a heart attach this cycle... and I still don’t have a decision. Next email I get from them I’m just not gonna open because I can’t take these emotional roller coasters anymore. The admissions people clearly never read the boy who cried wolf growing up!

Reactions: 1 users
Oh God... Anyone NOT get that “still reviewing” email? I got the first two but not the recent one everyone’s talking about now. Wonder what that means

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh God... Anyone NOT get that “still reviewing” email? I got the first two but not the recent one everyone’s talking about now. Wonder what that means
I have only received one of those emails back in November...

Reactions: 3 users

I didn't get the last two... I'm thinking that might mean I'm well out of the running. But hey! Maybe it means your II is right around the corner :)

Same here. Got the first two but not the third.

Haha omg it’d be awesome if not getting that email is a good sign... I’ve had one II this cycle but man, interviewing at Rush would be a dream come true

same situation...I'm definitely reading into it :eyebrow:

Reactions: 1 user
Haha omg it’d be awesome if not getting that email is a good sign... I’ve had one II this cycle but man, interviewing at Rush would be a dream come true
+1

Ahh my heart cannot handle this INTENSE SCRUTINY of every email I do/don't get! Lots of love and patience to us all

Honestly, I don't think it means anything.

Honestly, I don't think it means anything.

Probably not honestly... But just in case, did anyone receive those updates and get a future rejection or didn’t get them and got II’s (or any other combo)?!

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the stats of those of you getting the update?

So i got the first update email, didn't get the second one, and now got this one...i officially have no idea how to read into this

II Today! After just receiving a 'continued review' email!

LM: 69, IS, Complete early August.

Reactions: 12 users
+1 on the “under consideration” email, and I’m wondering if anyone has been rejected after receiving one of these. The question to me is whether everyone receives these emails or it’s people in the “Maybe” pile only.

+1 on the “under consideration” email, and I’m wondering if anyone has been rejected after receiving one of these. The question to me is whether everyone receives these emails or it’s people in the “Maybe” pile only.
I'm guessing everyone. I don't think they're involved enough to send it to select people.

II Today! After just receiving a 'continued review' email!

LM: 69, IS, Complete early August.
Congrats!! What do you mean by “just” received a continued review email? Meaning you got the continued review email earlier today, and an II a few hours later? (I’m asking bc I got the continued review email today for a third time and I would love to interview here!)

Didn't get first one, got the one today and the one before it. I don't think it means anything, I don't see why they wouldn send that if they knew we were rejected.

Does Rush accept application updates? I didn't see a spot for it in the application portal

II today as well applied in July also got the under consideration email today

Can anyone clarify (please) what the interview format is? I know there are 2 one-on-one interviews, but the interview invite e-mail indicated that there are "three interview encounters." Is there a group interview? What is this exactly? Thank you!

Can anyone clarify (please) what the interview format is? I know there are 2 one-on-one interviews, but the interview invite e-mail indicated that there are "three interview encounters." Is there a group interview? What is this exactly? Thank you!
One longer interview, one shorter interview and one group scenario. For the group one, it's basically a team exercise. Work with the others well and make sure your voice is heard. It's pretty simple!

Has anyone else not received the "continuing review" emails at all? I haven't heard anything...

Has anyone else not received the "continuing review" emails at all? I haven't heard anything...

I got the first two "continuing review" emails, but did not get the one that was apparently sent today/this week. Hmmm..

Congrats!! What do you mean by “just” received a continued review email? Meaning you got the continued review email earlier today, and an II a few hours later? (I’m asking bc I got the continued review email today for a third time and I would love to interview here!)

Literally like an hour before the II.

I got the first one, not the second, and got the third the continuing review emails seem pretty random

1 yes
2 yes
3 no

Probably random tbh

ACCEPTED by email OOS! Loved the school on the interview and Chicago

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Early January, they get results back to you within 2.5 weeks

Did you interview on the 10th too??? Cause if you did we were in the same group... which means it's coming.

Also for those worrying about the emails, read a couple posts back. I was salty I never got the second "continued review" email and VERY surprisingly got a II a few weeks later. Wasn't expecting it at all (my stats don't really match up), so don't lose hope. Truly, it looks like they kinda send it out randomly

Accepted last Thursday after interviewing on January 3rd! Amazing school with a true dedication to their mission and community. Dream come true! Best of luck to everyone in their upcoming interviews; you will love Rush!

Reactions: 7 users
PSA: I haven't heard anything from this school since November and I randomly checked my portal today and had an interview invite. No Emails/No calls, but at least I caught it before the end of the cycle.

Sorry to exacerbate anyone's paranoia.

Interviewed yesterday and totally agree with everybody saying that Rush truly is an amazing and special place.

The only strike I have against it is the uncertainty and hesitation with regards to the new curriculum and its effectiveness.

Interviewed yesterday and totally agree with everybody saying that Rush truly is an amazing and special place.

The only strike I have against it is the uncertainty and hesitation with regards to the new curriculum and its effectiveness.
I was thinking of emailing some students about this to see what they thought. Luckily, we would be the second class so we wouldn’t QUITE be guinea pigs.

PSA: I haven't heard anything from this school since November and I randomly checked my portal today and had an interview invite. No Emails/No calls, but at least I caught it before the end of the cycle.

Sorry to exacerbate anyone's paranoia.

What did the invite look like on the portal?

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 01/10. Got an email. IS, low MCAT, decent GPA, very strong ECs. CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!!!

Reactions: 20 users