2017-2018 Rush Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 01/10. Got an email. IS, low MCAT, decent GPA, very strong ECs. CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!!!
YAY!!! Good job!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

One longer interview, one shorter interview and one group scenario. For the group one, it's basically a team exercise. Work with the others well and make sure your voice is heard. It's pretty simple!

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted earlier today! Interviewed 1/10. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey if there are any M1s that would let me pm them...I have some as about the new curriculum...it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
To any accepted applicants - any pro tips on how to make the most of interview day? :0
My interviews were very conversational and low key, very personable people. I would say get a good night sleep cause it's a pretty long tiring day-- I didn't sleep super well the night before and felt like I was gonna die there at the end.

To any accepted applicants - any pro tips on how to make the most of interview day? :0

I may be biased because I love people, but I really loved the social aspect of the whole day. It wasn't awkward or forced & felt super smooth. I'd take the time to actually talk to the people you're interviewing with. That was a major highlight for me. Everyone was great, from all over, & represented different ages, ethnicities, etc. & the interview itself is definitely low-stress, just review your app & secondary and go in prepared to hold a conversation :)

Oh, & prepare a few questions for the M1-M4's you get to talk to (housing, activities, downsides, etc.). I'm not from Chicago so all of the questions everyone asked helped me a lot.

I may be biased because I love people, but I really loved the social aspect of the whole day. It wasn't awkward or forced & felt super smooth. I'd take the time to actually talk to the people you're interviewing with. That was a major highlight for me. Everyone was great, from all over, & represented different ages, ethnicities, etc. & the interview itself is definitely low-stress, just review your app & secondary and go in prepared to hold a conversation :)

Oh, & prepare a few questions for the M1-M4's you get to talk to (housing, activities, downsides, etc.). I'm not from Chicago so all of the questions everyone asked helped me a lot.

Hm tbh I can't tell how well my interviews went. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

All in all, I loved Rush, but I am full of uncertainty about how I did. I'm praying for a favorable outcome.

Is there a FB group for accepted students for Rush yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There is, but you need a password to join it! I guess they're supposed to email it to us at some point, but I haven't received it yet.

ACCEPTED! At around 9:30 CT!!!!!!!! To my future classmates, CONGRATS and HELLO!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hm tbh I can't tell how well my interviews went. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

All in all, I loved Rush, but I am full of uncertainty about how I did. I'm praying for a favorable outcome.

I enjoyed all my interviews & interviewers but I wasn't a 100% certain on how it went on their end. I was pretty comfortable with how I presented myself but I didn't know if I gave them everything they needed (or rambled too much lol). Anyway, better not to worry. You did your best & you got the interview, so they saw something in you to begin with.

Members don't see this ad :)
II at around noon PST!
No post-bacc/masters, applied as disadvantaged
OOS, 3.4 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 520 MCAT, complete Aug 28th :)
Received both "in consideration" emails, 1000+ hrs of community service and paid clinical experience listed

Best of luck to all, I hope good news is in store for each and every one of you!!

Feels great to say this, ACCEPTED!!!
Got an email at around 8AM PST today, I am blessed :angelic:
Can't wait to meet y'all!!

Reactions: 4 users
Any recent II, or are they done sending them out?

Did everyone who interviewed get the save the date for the second look day today? I'm on the waitlist and I'm wondering if it means anything?

Did everyone who interviewed get the save the date for the second look day today? I'm on the waitlist and I'm wondering if it means anything?
I believe they send it to all Accepted and Waitlisted applicants.

Does anyone know which days of the week Rush interviews on and/or if they are receptive to ITAs?

Do both accepted and waitlisted candidates get emails 2.5 weeks after their respective interview dates?

It looks like everyone accepted this cycle posted about it in the morning. If I haven't gotten an email yet, is that a bad sign?
My acceptance was like clockwork. The director of admissions told me a day, and that's when I found out. I assumed everyone heard that day, but I may be wrong.

It looks like everyone accepted this cycle posted about it in the morning. If I haven't gotten an email yet, is that a bad sign?
The email I got was right around now, actually like 11:30! I think there’s still time

Especially since it seems like no one else has heard yet

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but does anyone know when the last interview invites go out?

Still no word for 1/31 interviewers? :( I hope we don't have to wait until Tuesday.

10 likes and I'll call the admissions office and ask if they will be releasing decisions today :)
I just called, and nobody answered lol. But based off of my efforts, can we just say you reached ten likes and that you'll call next? lol

I just called, and nobody answered lol. But based off of my efforts, can we just say you reached ten likes and that you'll call next? lol

Okay, now everyone just go and follow me on twitter and IG

JK, okay I'll do it. For SDN!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Guys, this is my third time applying and these past three years have been so tough. Glad to say I finally got in, and to a school I fell in love with!

Reactions: 23 users
Can anyone who has interviewed give any advice on how to prepare for the 10 minute interview? Interviewing this week. 10 minutes seems so short like you don't have much time to make your case, which is scary!

Can anyone who has interviewed give any advice on how to prepare for the 10 minute interview? Interviewing this week. 10 minutes seems so short like you don't have much time to make your case, which is scary!

My 10 minute was very relaxed. I could tell the interviewer read my whole application, so I would just suggest being ready to elaborate on anything on your application (and of course always be ready for the typical "why medicine?" and "why this school?")

Does anyone know when the last interview day is here?

Last day currently offered or last day period?
It said "final two interview dates" were 2/14 and 2/21 so I assume last ones for the whole cycle. Maybe looking back at previous year threads would also give you an idea.

I guess I'm pretty new to this whole process, but if the last interview is taking place 3 days from now on February 21st, why didn't the last II and rejections go out at least a week before February 21st?

Last edited:

its pretty chill, they just ask you about yourself

Can any current students speak to the public health opportunities available to students at Rush? I really loved the school, but have also been accepted to other schools that would allow me to get an MD/MPH and seem to have more established programs combining public health and medicine. Any info would be much appreciated!!

Very relaxed. Normal questions. I am in the WL.

If we haven't heard anything from them after the secondary complete email and it says that our application is currently being screened on the portal, is it safe to assume that it will be a rejection? To my understanding their website says interviews go from July to February :(

If we haven't heard anything from them after the secondary complete email and it says that our application is currently being screened on the portal, is it safe to assume that it will be a rejection? To my understanding their website says interviews go from July to February :(
Don't loose hope until this week end. Last minute II is possible.

Reactions: 4 users
Don't loose hope until this week end. Last minute II is possible.
I agree — I recently received an II for a school that I had to travel OOS for with 3 days notice to get there lol

Hey guys... I was accepted here about a month ago and loved it...probably gonna choose Rush...is there a Facebook group?