2017-2018 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York (TouroCOM-NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted to Middletown today. Interviewed 10/23. Prob will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED! So ecstatic and grateful I interviewed at TouroCOM Middletown on 10/02/17 and received the acceptance e-mail yesterday afternoon

Members don't see this ad :)
Why? If you don’t mind me asking lol
Don't get me wrong, I liked Middletown a lot from the interview, but I got into other schools that are cheaper, so most likely will be withdrawing. I hope you guys will enjoy attending! PM me if you want a more detailed response :)

Don't get me wrong, I liked Middletown a lot from the interview, but I got into other schools that are cheaper, so most likely will be withdrawing. I hope you guys will enjoy attending! PM me if you want a more detailed response :)

Can you PM me? Idk how to PM someone on this via my phone.

Any current TouroCOM- Middletown students on this?! I have a few questions & am most likely going to be attending starting Fall 2018, so I thought I’d PM someone. Let me know, please! Thank you☺️

Now I am wondering how I got a response ahead of the 10/2 interviewers when I interviewed 10/23 in Middletown..

Reactions: 1 user
Any current TouroCOM- Middletown students on this?! I have a few questions & am most likely going to be attending starting Fall 2018, so I thought I’d PM someone. Let me know, please! Thank you☺️
Yeah you can PM me!

Hey guys, I have an interview for Touro-Middletown on 12/11. I'm just wondering, are a lot of spots filled at this point? This is my only interview, so I am really banking on this school and I'd hate to get wait-listed.

Anyone know based on previous years if this is a late interview?

At the November 6 interview day, they seemed to indicate that they had only done a few smaller interview groups in October. So I think you should be good!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at the Harlem campus on the 15th, was actually pretty amazing! Also spent a couple of days partying in NYC with some friends so that was pretty chill

Jezz I hope they wont over enroll again by 30 students. Admin supposedly told you guys that they are trying to improve our comlex level 2 scores. But did you ask why the middletown campus tried to fire the bald man in charge of improving our board prep. Those of you currently at touro know exactly who i am talking bout. Did I mention the high faculty turn over.

Can a third year at Middletown comment on there clinical rotations? How do you feel the quality of the rotations are?

ACCEPTED TO THE HARLEM CAMPUS!!! SO HAPPY

Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted for Harlem :( idk how to feel about this or what it means for my chances of acceptance

Waitlisted for Harlem :( idk how to feel about this or what it means for my chances of acceptance

I know it's disappointing, but it's definitely better than an outright rejection! It's still early in the cycle, and touro has people send in deposits really quickly (so I'm sure a lot of people don't accept the offer). Don't give up hope!

I know it's disappointing, but it's definitely better than an outright rejection! It's still early in the cycle, and touro has people send in deposits really quickly (so I'm sure a lot of people don't accept the offer). Don't give up hope!
Thank you. Congrats on your acceptance!

Harlem interview tomorrow morning, any information on the schedule and interview would be appreciated.

+1 on that!
Hey guys i'm an applicant from last year who was accepted to Harlem but deferred to start in 2018.

Interview is very chill - it's a 2 interviewers : 1 interviewee format and it's more of a casual conversation (at least for me it was) some people had good cop bad cop type of interview I've heard.

You start off all going into a conference room and watching informational videos and chatting with other interviewees, eat food and wait around until you get called up to go for your interview
after that you have a brief tour of the school and then you might have a chance to check out the simulation room in the other building with Dr. Colbourne.

let me know if you guys have any questions and good luck to all

Accepted today to the Harlem campus! Interviewed a week ago on 11/15. First med school acceptance, ima be a doc!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Medical students from Touro Harlem and Touro Middletown will be hosting National Osteopathic Night Out. If you are a potential or current applicant, come to the event to talk to current medical students! You can find registration details on the Pre-SOMA Facebook page!

One of the fastest schools to respond to me. I submitted my application to Middletown on Sept 3rd, and got an interview invite Sept 11. Interviewed on Oct 23rd and received my acceptance on Nov 17th. Good luck to everyone else applying.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Touro accepts community college credits for prereq requirements? I am only one math credit shy of their four math credit requirement as a post-bacc..

Does anyone know if Touro accepts community college credits for prereq requirements? I am only one math credit shy of their four math credit requirement as a post-bacc..

Yea, had like 80% of my prereqs at a CC and I got in

Hey Guys! I'm interviewing here on Monday, any tips or suggestions? :)

Would any current Harlem students (would be awesome if youre a third or fourth year and have experienced their rotations) be willing to chat (I can DM you) about their experience at the school? Recently accepted and definitely one of my top choices but having some hesitations and would love to chat with someone who is actually there

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a Facebook group for the Harlem campus class? I saw someone made one for Middletown but didn’t see Harlem.

Hey Guys! I'm interviewing here on Monday, any tips or suggestions? :)

Do not attend here is my advice. Poor rotations and no research opportunities. Not to mention the clinical site we just lost, Trinitas.

Do not attend here is my advice. Poor rotations and no research opportunities. Not to mention the clinical site we just lost, Trinitas.
Harlem or Middletown? I think all the bad things are at Harlem lol

Harlem or Middletown? I think all the bad things are at Harlem lol

Honestly, all we can do is speculate until middletown's Comlex 2 scores/pass rate come out. If there anything like Harlem's, then we know that the clinicals are lacking. Otherwise, Middletown is fine.

That was the biggest determining factor in deciding Middletown or not for me. The lack of Comlex 2 scores so far.

Honestly, all we can do is speculate until middletown's Comlex 2 scores/pass rate come out. If there anything like Harlem's, then we know that the clinicals are lacking. Otherwise, Middletown is fine.

That was the biggest determining factor in deciding Middletown or not for me. The lack of Comlex 2 scores so far.

Same here !!

Withdrawing my interview for Middletown on December 11th. Good luck!

I'm super nervous. About a week left til Middletown II on Dec 11. Flying in from CA.

Anyone here from 11/6? Today marks 4 weeks!

I'm also waiting to hear back! Nov 6 interview at Middletown
Did anyone get a response?

So I got a hot scoop from a vascular surgeon who teaches touro's students at Middletown. Basically, good school at Middltetown , especially for surgery rotations. Thinks students do well on rotations and come prepared.

It was pleasant to meet everyone who interviewed here on 12/4. Good luck.

Reactions: 5 users