2017-2018 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York (TouroCOM-NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys know how I can monitor my application status?
I submitted my secondary essay and application through email and never gotten the confirmation email back.

Members don't see this ad :)
HEY so does anyone know what time the Middletown interview ends? The email says to expect to be on campus until atleast 3...but 830-3 seems crazy long

Can anyone help clarify what they mean by the "personal statement"? I assume that they are not asking for the essay I've submitted to AACOMAS. It would be a secondary essay, right?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Can anyone help clarify what they mean by the "personal statement"? I assume that they are not asking for the essay I've submitted to AACOMAS. It would be a secondary essay, right?
Thanks!
I believe they give a prompt in the email along with instructions for sending it to them directly.

Reactions: 1 user
II Nove 13th!

So excited!!! Ill be taking a Bus from Canada....

Anyone else on the 13th?

Anyone who interviewed at Harlem wanna give some insight on the interview day? You can PM me :) thanks

HEY so does anyone know what time the Middletown interview ends? The email says to expect to be on campus until atleast 3...but 830-3 seems crazy long
I think mine ended just after 2. It really didn't feel like that long of a day.

International student...II for Middletown!!! Anyone has advice for the interview? Thank you!!!

4.0 GPA 508 MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
HIIII! Does anyone have details about the Touro Harlem interview??? I interview tomorrow and wanna know what I should be prepared for. Thanks!

Just had my interview on Monday and it finished at 3. Our lunch went a little longer than planned I think. The 1st and 2nd years joined us and we got the chance to pick at their brains (I dont think the plan was for them to be there). Was a long day but very enjoyable.

Just had my interview as well. Have to say that it was a pretty positive experience for me (at Middletown). All the staff and faculty were very friendly and easy to approach. My interviewers were both extremely nice and conversational people and we actually went way overtime. The building itself is acceptable but the dorms are not that great. But they are just dorms and we don't need to live there anyway. Their board score for level 1 was great but there is no stats for level 2 for Middletown yet. They don't seem to have a good response for their level 2 score for Harlem yet. We got to talk to some current students who stopped by and they all seemed happy (to a degree because they have a few exams that day) and shared lots of information about their lives at Touro. Just make sure you know about their flipped classroom and are okay with it. Overall I actually liked the school and don't have much bad things to say about Middletown.

Thanks for the input!

Can anyone comment further on the flipped classroom? My impression is that you watch video lectures and then come to class for working on problems and clickers. When you say the class time is PBL, does that mean the problems are worked in a team or simply with the whole lecture hall participating with clickers?

Also, what is the curriculum like? Systems based/blocks?

In my secondary I put that "Both- prefer Harlem" and I'm just wondering here if I could change it to Middletown = ))

Thanks for the input!

Can anyone comment further on the flipped classroom? My impression is that you watch video lectures and then come to class for working on problems and clickers. When you say the class time is PBL, does that mean the problems are worked in a team or simply with the whole lecture hall participating with clickers?

Also, what is the curriculum like? Systems based/blocks?

The flipped classroom is great for people who want control over their schedule and learn more than sitting in a live lecture. You watch the videos whenever you want and come to class for the clickers, you're right. Clickers in class are to gauge your understanding, so what some professors will do is go over difficult topics or do a quick recap (review/for those who didn't watch the videos) and then will intersperse clickers. Typically we spend about a minute or so figuring out the answer among those sitting around us, then select an answer. But physio does theirs differently, with a solo- no-talking clicker round. Either way, the whole lecture participates, but you don't really have defined "teams". I hope that makes sense!

Students seem to really like the flexibility and ease of the learning method.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know the best way to get to the middletown campus from SFO?

Anyone know the best way to get to the middletown campus from SFO?
I flew from LAX to JFK then took a bus from JFK --> Port Authority (Manhattan)-->Middletown. Total drive time, not counting the wait was 2.5 hours I think. With all the bus tickets, it turned out to be cheaper than flying to Stewart.
The ride up to middletown was beautiful, and I'm glad I went this way. The Autumn colors was breathtaking. Also my flight home from JFK was at night. So the day after interview, I left middletown early and spent the day in Manhattan. Though I dragged my carry-on with me everywhere, it was totally worth it.

Reactions: 3 users
II for Middletown this week. Complete mid-September. LM ~70. Available dates were for December.

II for Middletown ! Anyone else for 12/4??

Anyone know if they send out a confirmation/follow-up email after you pay the acceptance deposit and send in the form?

Anyone know if they send out a confirmation/follow-up email after you pay the acceptance deposit and send in the form?
I didn't get anything after a few days so I called admissions to confirm they received everything. Confirmed I was all set and they told me they were having issues with their system and hope to get confirmation email sometime this week. I got mine an hour after my phone call (last Thursday).

Interviewed at TouroCOM Middletown on October 02, and have not heard back yet. I know they said it would take about 4-6 weeks to get back to us but, not going to lie, the anxiety is real >.<

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!

Harlem campus. Interview was last week. 8 day turnaround. AHHHH!!

Reactions: 2 users
How long after submitting the secondary did people hear about interviews?

I just got the confirmation email today. submitted my secondary about 7-10 days ago. hopefully it is not too late to interview.

Accepted Harlem yesterday at 4pm eastern time. Interviewed 10/23 Monday. 90% MCAT, nearly perfect GPA. I stressed the mission of the school and how that correlates with my passion to Osteopathy. But that's insignificant. Touro is a numbers based / merit based school that has no regard if your black , Hispanic, white , or blue. You earn the grades and do the work and you get in. There's no hand outs here. That's the most honest summation of Touro and why I picked it as well as my top choice

Accepted Harlem yesterday at 4pm eastern time. Interviewed 10/23 Monday. 90% MCAT, nearly perfect GPA. I stressed the mission of the school and how that correlates with my passion to Osteopathy. But that's insignificant. Touro is a numbers based / merit based school that has no regard if your black , Hispanic, white , or blue. You earn the grades and do the work and you get in. There's no hand outs here. That's the most honest summation of Touro and why I picked it as well as my top choice

Hi! I also interviewed 10/23 and was accepted yesterday. I have an average MCAT and below average GPA. I am OOS and ORM. So to those who have average/below average stats, do not feel discouraged! Numbers are important but they are not everything. If you feel that you are a good fit for Touro, and if you are passionate about osteopathic medicine, be sure to stress that in your secondary and interview. And as always, be genuine. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :)

Hi guys, I interviewed 10/25 and got an email yesterday saying that I was being placed on the waitlist ☹️ really sucks but I don’t exactly understand what that means? Has anyone else gotten waitlisted by this school?

It’s my first time applying and I’m starting to fear this will happen at all the schools I’ve interviewed at.

Last edited:
Anyone know when we will hear back from Middletown after 10/02 interview? It's been four weeks now!

Anyone know when we will hear back from Middletown after 10/02 interview? It's been four weeks now!
I interviewed at Middletown on October 02 as well! Based on how long other people who interviewed before us had to wait before they heard back from Touro, it seems like we should be getting e-mails any day now. I hope we both hear good news!

II today at middletown! Scheduled for 12/11!

I know it's late, but I'm just now completing my secondary. Is the "post-secondary academic record" section required?? The directions make it clear that the unofficial transcripts are unnecessary, since they have them from AACOMAS, but I can't tell if I'm still supposed to fill out all the other stuff, like institution name, credit hours, GPA, etc.

I know it's late, but I'm just now completing my secondary. Is the "post-secondary academic record" section required?? The directions make it clear that the unofficial transcripts are unnecessary, since they have them from AACOMAS, but I can't tell if I'm still supposed to fill out all the other stuff, like institution name, credit hours, GPA, etc.
Nope, left mine blank and got the interview.

Well I started calling Monday. Their site says they are open Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Nobody will get back to me. The admissions department doesn't answer the phone for either extension and I've called Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. They won't return my call when I leave a voicemail and won't reply to my email. I'm really feeling hopeless as my question is just a simple yes or no and would save me from taking a full courseload that they don't require but is technically listed as future. It's almost like their admissions department does not exist. I live 1k miles away so I can't visit the campus to ask in person.
I don't understand why you are so interested to here back if you don't like the program? Curious? If you don't think they will meet your expectations for education, why waste your time and money?

I don't understand why you are so interested to here back if you don't like the program? Curious? If you don't think they will meet your expectations for education, why waste your time and money?
excuse me..."hear back" sorry, I was distracted