2017-2018 Touro University - Nevada Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Experience/Awards

What award(s) or recognition(s) have you received within the last five years?

Characters left in your response 1000

Employment experience during the last three years:

(Please provide the employers name, occupation/position, and duration of employment)
Volunteer experience, if any, during the last three years:

(Please provide the type of activity, sponsor, duration of service, and position)
Research experience, if any, during the last three years:

(Please provide the type of activity, sponsor, duration of service, and position)
Health professions or shadowing experience, if any, during the last three years:

Extracurricular activities or hobbies.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@chizledfrmstone

On a separate word document, please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives. Consider addressing a few areas: Why Osteopathic Medicine: Have you been exposed to a diverse environment? How did you contribute? How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? How were you influenced by a shadowing Experience?

@chizledfrmstone

On a separate word document, please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives. Consider addressing a few areas: Why Osteopathic Medicine: Have you been exposed to a diverse environment? How did you contribute? How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? How were you influenced by a shadowing Experience?

Did you get a secondary already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get a secondary already?

yeah, I got it from California, but I can access teh applications from Nevada and New York.

Also, @chizledfrmstone, I accidentally gave you the NY one. This is hte Nevada secondary:

Experience/Awards

What award(s) or recognition(s) have you received within the last five years?

Employment experience during the last three years:

(Please provide the employers name, occupation/position, and duration of employment)
Volunteer experience, if any, during the last three years:

Research experience, if any, during the last three years:

Health professions or shadowing experience, if any, during the last three years:

Extracurricular activities or hobbies.

Reactions: 1 user
I am an incoming OMS1 here, so if anyone has questions feel free to message me!

Secondary received! Not sure how to access it though since I already submitted secondary for TUCOM CA and this new secondary is showing as an option for submission. Looks like may need to create a new account?

Secondary just now!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Secondary Received today! It's acceptable to have your experiences in list form, right? How are you guys approaching it?

Secondary Received today! It's acceptable to have your experiences in list form, right? How are you guys approaching it?
Awesome! I'm listing shadowing/volunteer experiences. Writing narrative for work experience tho to show how the positions shaped my path to med school.

Yay! Secondary received!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received! Not sure how to access it though since I already submitted secondary for TUCOM CA and this new secondary is showing as an option for submission. Looks like may need to create a new account?
It looks like you do create a new account! At least that's what I take from line 1 on the secondary email... good luck everyone!

Submitted! Love the Henderson area vibe. Hoping to get some love since it's one of my top 3 :D

Secondary received and submitted today! Would love to go here. Good luck everybody!

I also received the secondary. I'm filling out the post secondary academic record. I am literally looking at my AACOMAS pdf that was send to Touro and filling in this information. Am i doing this right? Or is there a way that i am supposed to skip all of this entering in my gpa from each institution. It just weems so repetetive...

I also received the secondary. I'm filling out the post secondary academic record. I am literally looking at my AACOMAS pdf that was send to Touro and filling in this information. Am i doing this right? Or is there a way that i am supposed to skip all of this entering in my gpa from each institution. It just weems so repetetive...
Sweet! I think that's the only way lol. Mine took a minute...7 schools

This is rediclus, pretty sure I already paid to fill out all of the same info AACOMAS...

This is rediclus, pretty sure I already paid to fill out all of the same info AACOMAS...

Lol. Same thoughts here. I was pretty brief on those descriptions in the secondary. I figured if they have more questions they can refer to the primary.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

So is the consensus for this secondary to more or less copy paste your primary into the prompts? Not sure what I can say for shadowing that I havent already said in my primary...

Is there a status portal for this school or is just wait for emails?

I am an incoming OMS1 here, so if anyone has questions feel free to message me!
The secondary "essays" ask for the exact same info as the primary. Literally 1000 characters each for Employment, Volunteer, Research, Shadowing, EC's....the primary did the same with a slightly different character count. I assume it was the same last year. Did you just copy/paste the same essay in to their prompt? Do they want us to just reword it? I don't want to adcoms to think I am lazy, but it is almost verbatim from the primary.

The secondary "essays" ask for the exact same info as the primary. Literally 1000 characters each for Employment, Volunteer, Research, Shadowing, EC's....the primary did the same with a slightly different character count. I assume it was the same last year. Did you just copy/paste the same essay in to their prompt? Do they want us to just reword it? I don't want to adcoms to think I am lazy, but it is almost verbatim from the primary.

Pretty much, but some sections I believe I had to make it shorter on the secondary due to the word limit. On my interview day we pretty much went through my primary only, so I wouldn't worry too much about secondary. But I feel you about repeating the primary contents all over again. (and the $100)

Just wait for email! I just received my "application complete" email today despite sending it weeks ago.

Just wait for email! I just received my "application complete" email today despite sending it weeks ago.
+1 - just got my complete email today. It says all status updates are communicated via email.

Shoot, I'm a bit behind, just submitted today!

Shoot, I'm a bit behind, just submitted today!

I got a series of emails until I got an II invite. For me I got the application received email, application review email, status update email, and then the II invite.

I got a series of emails until I got an II invite. For me I got the application received email, application review email, status update email, and then the II invite.
Congrats!! How long was it after submission that you got your invite? And do you mind sharing stats/orm/urm?

Congrats!! How long was it after submission that you got your invite? And do you mind sharing stats/orm/urm?

I am an incoming OMS1 at this school, I am not applying this year. Just FYI. Also, TUN website doesn't show the avg GPA and MCAT so don't waste your time looking for them.

I had 3.6 for cGPA and 3.5 for sGPA. I only took old MCAT and I had 30 and 31. Traditional student.

Reactions: 2 users
I am an incoming OMS1 at this school, I am not applying this year. Just FYI. Also, TUN website doesn't show the avg GPA and MCAT so don't waste your time looking for them.

I had 3.6 for cGPA and 3.5 for sGPA. I only took old MCAT and I had 30 and 31. Traditional student.
How are the facilities at tun? Library, places to study, gym, etc.. does TUNCOM offer any of those amenities?

How are the facilities at tun? Library, places to study, gym, etc.. does TUNCOM offer any of those amenities?

Not the MS1 but I went to TUN for DO day last spring. The facility is OK, old tire shop remodeled but nice. The library seems like it would work for me, probably a room 40x30, think they said something about it all being online. They have study rooms upstairs and tutoring as well, from student that did well in the class last semester. They have a basket ball court/volleyball/Crossfit area and play Touro cal every year competitively. They also have a gym that seems pretty decent, there was a few student using when we went through. Also have a Kosher dining facility that seems to have mixed reviews from the students. But over all I was impressed and this is one of my top schools. Faculty were awesome and inviting. Oh and free coffee.

Reactions: 1 users

TDOCSPI pretty much wrote what I wanted to say. One thing that many people don't like about our school is the warehouse-like campus. At first I didn't like this either but after experiencing the Vegas heat I am beginning to like the one building campus...lol. It's cool inside and there's no need to get out the building to get to another. Also, coming from undergrad with pretty big campus, I like how I can get to everywhere pretty quick in TUN.

The library definitely is not the biggest, and there are a lot of good cafes around the school where you can study. I personally like the gym. It's not big, but there's everything you need. And it's free to use! There are a lot of study rooms where you can do group/personal study.

Reactions: 2 users
Sweet! I think that's the only way lol. Mine took a minute...7 schools
PastorDoc-- Since you attended 7 schools, do you remember how you filled out the "expected degree date"? I took two courses over the summer at a different college. I obviously didn't receive a degree from there, but it's required that you fill that out as MM/YYYY. Asked admissions but haven't heard back yet.

PastorDoc-- Since you attended 7 schools, do you remember how you filled out the "expected degree date"? I took two courses over the summer at a different college. I obviously didn't receive a degree from there, but it's required that you fill that out as MM/YYYY. Asked admissions but haven't heard back yet.
I included the dates that I attended each institution but left the "expected degree" portions blank (except for the college I graduated at). Moved around a bit so the dates kept shifting based on individual school requirements. Then my diy post-bacc was at several schools so left those blank too. Hope this helps! :)

I included the dates that I attended each institution but left the "expected degree" portions blank (except for the college I graduated at). Moved around a bit so the dates kept shifting based on individual school requirements. Then my diy post-bacc was at several schools so left those blank too. Hope this helps! :)

So helpful! I'll leave it blank as well. Thank you so much!!