2017-2018 Touro University - Nevada Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II as well. I do wonder if there's a decent chance for interviewees to be accepted. I might call admissions and see what the outlook is like for people interviewing this late.

Let us know what they say!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an II as well. I do wonder if there's a decent chance for interviewees to be accepted. I might call admissions and see what the outlook is like for people interviewing this late.
So I was accepted in January, and from what I remember they are expanding the class size from ~130 to maximum ~180. There are 177 people on the facebook group but roughly 10 of them are upperclassmen. I would also imagine some of these students are waitlisted somewhere else and are just waiting for a spot to open up. So I would consider going to the interview since it is probably not for the waitlist or the waitlist will flow during the summer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has WL started moving yet? Compared to other schools, TUN seems pretty quiet so far.

3rd year clinical dean has been fired/not rehired after 1 year. Potentially 3 clinical coordinators will/have quit in the last 3 months. Losing preceptors every year. Dean of the school will allegedly leave next month. Stay informed and ask questions.

Dear TUN Campus Community:

We are writing to inform you of several changes within the senior leadership of the College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Dr. John Dougherty, Dean of the COM, has submitted his resignation and we have accepted it effective Friday, July 13, 2018. Dr. Dougherty has accepted a unique opportunity to oversee the creation of a new medical school in another state. With his departure, we are appointing key personnel into leadership positions. These include:

· Dr. Paul Kalekas as Interim Dean of the COM;

· Dr. Derek Meeks as Interim Vice Dean of the COM; and

· Dr. Joseph Hardy as Associate Dean for Clinical Education.

Dr. Kalekas and Dr. Meeks positions will be effective July 1 so that they have time to work with Dr. Dougherty to ensure a smooth transition. Drs. Kalekas and Meeks will serve in an interim capacity while we conduct a national search for Dr. Dougherty’s replacement. A search committee for the dean will be formed in the near future.

Dr. Hardy’s appointment is effective immediately, as he assumes the leadership role in overseeing the COM’s clinical education program.

Each of these highly regarded faculty members brings their institutional history and experience together with leadership in the community and medical profession. We are grateful for their willingness to take on these new roles.

Please join us in congratulating Dr. Dougherty on this new professional opportunity and in thanking him for the leadership he’s provided to the COM for nearly three years. Among his many accomplishments as Dean include overseeing the expansion of both the DO and MHS programs, revision of the curriculum, and creation of the new geriatrics fellowship.

We will be welcoming new, expanded classes of students in the coming weeks and have celebrated the opening of new academic spaces including the Tang Center for Clinic Simulation and the Cloobeck Center for Disaster Life Support. We are very enthusiastic about the university’s dynamic future.

We are writing to inform you of several changes within the senior leadership of the College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Dr. John Dougherty, Dean of the COM, has submitted his resignation and we have accepted it effective Friday, July 13, 2018. Dr. Dougherty has accepted a unique opportunity to oversee the creation of a new medical school in another state. With his departure, we are appointing key personnel into leadership positions. These include:

Dr. Kalekas and Dr. Meeks positions will be effective July 1 so that they have time to work with Dr. Dougherty to ensure a smooth transition. Drs. Kalekas and Meeks will serve in an interim capacity while we conduct a national search for Dr. Dougherty’s replacement. A search committee for the dean will be formed in the near future.

Dr. Hardy’s appointment is effective immediately, as he assumes the leadership role in overseeing the COM’s clinical education program.

Each of these highly regarded faculty members brings their institutional history and experience together with leadership in the community and medical profession. We are grateful for their willingness to take on these new roles.

Please join us in congratulating Dr. Dougherty on this new professional opportunity and in thanking him for the leadership he’s provided to the COM for nearly three years. Among his many accomplishments as Dean include overseeing the expansion of both the DO and MHS programs, revision of the curriculum, and creation of the new geriatrics fellowship.

We will be welcoming new, expanded classes of students in the coming weeks and have celebrated the opening of new academic spaces including the Tang Center for Clinic Simulation and the Cloobeck Center for Disaster Life Support. We are very enthusiastic about the university’s dynamic future.

What, why?!?!

Accepted on 5/30! I interviewed on 5/24. Still confused because I thought I blew the interview and everybody else interviewing that day seemed awesome.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted on 5/30! I interviewed on 5/24. Still confused because I thought I blew the interview and everybody else interviewing that day seemed awesome.

Congrats!!!! We’re you part of the morning or afternoon interview group?

Is there a Facebook page for admitted students especially those of the 2022 class? If not how do you go about finding roomates?

Is there a Facebook page for admitted students especially those of the 2022 class? If not how do you go about finding roomates?

To join the class Facebook page please search "TUNCOM DO2022" and request to be added.

Anybody else seriously worried by the 2018 Match List? like 40% fm

Members don't see this ad :)
I found a webpage for TUN residency placements in 2018 but it won't let me post the link. It's on the school's website though. On the webpage I counted 125... Am I reading it wrong? That's a pretty high match placement.

As a TUN graduate I must say Dr Kalekas, Dr Meeks and Dr Hardy are all great.

Got an email today saying there's a strong chance they'll accept me off the waitlist and asked if I would accept. There's still hope!

Got an email today saying there's a strong chance they'll accept me off the waitlist and asked if I would accept. There's still hope!
+1
Here's to hoping we both get seats!

Got off the waitlist this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
I know someone who has to give up their spot I believve, hopefully someone else will get off the waitlist soon!!

Any updates on the Dean leaving? I was just about to send a primary to TUNCOM...

If anyone (pref female) still needs housing for next year, message me! I’m trying to fill a room in an apartment near campus.

Last edited:
I just accepted a standby seat and am on the "priority list" for this year's incoming class. I'll have to be at orientation on July 30th and if there are no available seats, I will be offered an acceptance for next year's class.

Does anyone know the general process for this and has anyone else received a similar offer? Also, does anyone have an idea of how full the class is right now?

Congrats!

I wonder how many standby seats they are looking to fill?

I just accepted a standby seat and am on the "priority list" for this year's incoming class. I'll have to be at orientation on July 30th and if there are no available seats, I will be offered an acceptance for next year's class.

Does anyone know the general process for this and has anyone else received a similar offer? Also, does anyone have an idea of how full the class is right now?

I tried starting a conversation with you, but it says I can’t message you.

You might need to check your settings?
We can ask in our FB page. Everyone so far seems really friendly so I don't doubt you can find someone to house you. PM me.

I tried starting a conversation with you, but it says I can’t message you.

You might need to check your settings?

Congrats guys/gals! All of you who were offered a standby seat will get in 99% most likely.

All the best everyone for tomorrow's 1st day of orientation for class of 2022.

Last edited: