2017-2018 Touro University - Nevada Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the approximate post interview acceptance rate for TUNCOM? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew my acceptance here. I don’t think it would’ve been a good fit. Will likely be heading to COMP-Pomona.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted pre II, does anyone know if they actually interview people from the waitlist or is it more like a soft rejection? I am not taking any classes or retaking my MCAT so I don't have anything meaningful to update them with.

Secondary Received - 08/24
App Under Review - 09/25
App Under Final Review - 11/18
II - 11/27

There is still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my II here. Good luck, everyone!

If you are interviewing on 12/18 and want to coordinate travel plans, feel free to reach out to me.

got the "wait list for interview" email today without getting a final review. Has this happened to anyone else? What are the odds of getting an interview from the wait list? So much suspense!

Last edited:
Finally received the Final Review Stage email :)

It looks like most people who reported back with that email received an II about a week later.

Has anyone received that email, then rejection?

Interviewed 11/02 and was waitlisted in mid-November. Wondering what the chances are of getting off the waitlist...

II, complete early October. Will most likely not attend.

Congrats! When did you get your final review email? I got mine about a week ago, but haven’t received anything.
I got final review email this last Monday (12/04).

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone not heard anything since August? I’m wondering if I should call and see what’s up or maybe I’m just too impatient

To everybody withdrawing or declining II, why?

My interview was scheduled for January, and I had acceptances and deposits due by December 14th. So I already paid deposit at a different school that I like a lot.

My interview was scheduled for January, and I had acceptances and deposits due by December 14th. So I already paid deposit at a different school that I like a lot.
exact same reason

Anyone receive follow up emails after putting down a deposit regarding immunizations, financial aid, etc?

Pre-interview waitlist this morning!

Hi guys, I got the very ominous seeming "final review" email yesterday afternoon, which I thought odd because it was Sunday yesterday.

According to last years thread, this usually means an II or hold is coming, correct? Anyone get it this year followed by a pre II rejection?

Non-Trad 3.85/504 here. Best of luck to everyone about to interview!

Hi guys, I got the very ominous seeming "final review" email yesterday afternoon, which I thought odd because it was Sunday yesterday.

According to last years thread, this usually means an II or hold is coming, correct? Anyone get it this year followed by a pre II rejection?

Non-Trad 3.85/504 here. Best of luck to everyone about to interview!

Yes, it is in final review, so they’ll make a decision after lol.

I believe a few posters received a rejection pre-II, but I’m unsure if this email was sent to them.

I am nontraditional, roughly same mcat, lower gpa. I was accepted. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Yes, it is in final review, so they’ll make a decision after lol.

I believe a few posters received a rejection pre-II, but I’m unsure if this email was sent to them.

I am nontraditional, roughly same mcat, lower gpa. I was accepted. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Wonderful - I will PM you if I get an II! This would be a wonderful choice for me as I'm from Arizona, and I can pretty much drive up there with zero notice. It would make my move much easier. Thanks!

Wonderful - I will PM you if I get an II! This would be a wonderful choice for me as I'm from Arizona, and I can pretty much drive up there with zero notice. It would make my move much easier. Thanks!

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
yes.. it was so unexpected because i thought they said they would start pulling people off the waitlist in may/june

I interviewed 12/18 and they stated that they started reviewing people on the waitlist that day versus waiting till June like in previous years!

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how does the pre-interview waitlist work? I don't think it would make much sense for people to come off the pre-interview waitlist once the post-interview waitlist has been exhausted in the summer... hope you guys understand what im trying to say lol

II!

Received the final review stage email on 12/4. OOS, LM mid-60s. Interview dates are showing February/March. :)

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is post interview?

I submitted in August but hadn't heard anything back since then. Long story short, they didn't realize my app was complete. This place looks awesome so I'm a bit bummed things got delayed so much.

I submitted in August but hadn't heard anything back since then. Long story short, they didn't realize my app was complete. This place looks awesome so I'm a bit bummed things got delayed so much.

I heard it's a warehouse but they plan on developing the surrounding area into a community health center?

I heard it's a warehouse but they plan on developing the surrounding area into a community health center?

That would be ambitious, considering the area around the school is car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, then WHAM! medical school

That would be ambitious, considering the area around the school is car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, then WHAM! medical school

well you gotta think about it, it went from car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, costco
to car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, medical school.

from there, it wouldn't too crazy to think it would be possible for car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, car dealership, clinic, AND medical school.