2017-2018 University of Arizona - Phoenix Pathway Scholars Program (PSP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same! MMI was actually lots of fun:)
I am so happy for you guys! I hope I can get in next year my MCAT was couple points off so they told me they did not even looked at my application because my MCAT did not qualify...

Members don't see this ad.

So how was MMI s any tips on that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so happy for you guys! I hope I can get in next year my MCAT was couple points off so they told me they did not even looked at my application because my MCAT did not qualify...
So how was MMI s any tips on that?

Awh I’m sorry to heart that. I believe the requirement is on the newer side but that the college as a whole wanted it implemented. The good news is the program doesn’t make you take the MCAT again anymore and has replaced that time with board prep.

Some people say you can’t prepare for an MMI. I don’t find that true because at the very least hard practice scenarios made me feel like I wouldn’t get seriously curve balled. The biggest piece of advice is to know yourself and your values in life. I know it’s generic but that’s the most important part at the MMI and we’re not allowed to share anything but generic advice.

Biggest thing was just go in with a good attitude and expecting them to be fun-they are!

Awh I’m sorry to heart that. I believe the requirement is on the newer side but that the college as a whole wanted it implemented. The good news is the program doesn’t make you take the MCAT again anymore and has replaced that time with board prep.

Some people say you can’t prepare for an MMI. I don’t find that true because at the very least hard practice scenarios made me feel like I wouldn’t get seriously curve balled. The biggest piece of advice is to know yourself and your values in life. I know it’s generic but that’s the most important part at the MMI and we’re not allowed to share anything but generic advice.

Biggest thing was just go in with a good attitude and expecting them to be fun-they are!

Hi guys! I want to apply to PSP but I am afraid of not getting accepted. My last 60 credits of undergrad was a 3.0 but my cummalitive GPA falls a little short of a 3.0. Can I ask what GPA and MCAT you guys had who got accpeted?

Hey everyone current PSP student here! Our schedules are a little lighter right now so if you have questions, now is the time to ask! If you have not come in for a campus tour and/or seen the webinar on the website, I HIGHLY recommend it. It answers a lot of logistical questions like financial aid, tuition, etc.

Good luck to you all! :)

Hi guys! I want to apply to PSP but I am afraid of not getting accepted. My last 60 credits of undergrad was a 3.0 but my cummalitive GPA falls a little short of a 3.0. Can I ask what GPA and MCAT you guys had who got accpeted?

Well we don’t hear back until Wednesday, so as a current applicants I can’t answer because I don’t know if I’ll get in. But I will say- others scores don’t matter much since there is SO much more to the picture. There is your extracurriculars, personal statement, letters of recommendations, interview scores etc. For every applicants with a 3.7 GPA and 515 MCAT, there will be some who do not get in and do not get interviews. In either case, it’s worth applying because if you don’t, then your chance is a literal zero. Everyone who applies fears not getting in, it’s a part of the process. But you do have to try if you want a chance. The good thing is that if you’re not applying until the next cycle you could always take some extra classes if it’s your GPA you’re worried about. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Haven't heard anything today, hopefully, they are only a day behind on notifying us. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I didn’t make it so now I’m not really sure where to go from here
I'm so sorry :( I'm on alternate list, have no idea how early I could hear back but hoping for the best. Wishing you the best of luck. This is a rough process.

Hey guys, don’t lose hope! We’ve had multiple students in the past apply as many as 2-3 times before being accepted. That being said, if you were not accepted and you have your heart set on UA COM-P, Take this time to strengthen your application. Volunteer, do research, retake your MCAT or take a science class at a community college to boost your science GPA and reapply to the traditional and PSP program. If Medicine is what you want to do and you can’t imagine doing anything else, don’t give up!

If you’re on the alternate list, if there is movement I imagine you’ll find out early next month but you can check with the Pathways office to see if they can give you an exact date.

If you received an acceptance call today, congratulations! We’ll see you at 2nd look.

Best of luck to all of you moving forward!

Hey guys, don’t lose hope! We’ve had multiple students in the past apply as many as 2-3 times before being accepted. That being said, if you were not accepted and you have your heart set on UA COM-P, Take this time to strengthen your application. Volunteer, do research, retake your MCAT or take a science class at a community college to boost your science GPA and reapply to the traditional and PSP program. If Medicine is what you want to do and you can’t imagine doing anything else, don’t give up!

If you’re on the alternate list, if there is movement I imagine you’ll find out early next month but you can check with the Pathways office to see if they can give you an exact date.

If you received an acceptance call today, congratulations! We’ll see you at 2nd look.

Best of luck to all of you moving forward!
I’m not really sure if medicine is for me, I’ve had a 3.8 in biochemistry, did well on the mcats but I guess I didn’t prepare as I should have for the interviews. Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it as I feel pretty stressed out about my next move now

I’m not really sure if medicine is for me, I’ve had a 3.8 in biochemistry, did well on the mcats but I guess I didn’t prepare as I should have for the interviews. Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it as I feel pretty stressed out about my next move now
Is this your first/second year applying? There is no shame in applying again.

Is this your first/second year applying? There is no shame in applying again.
My first time applying, I just feel a lot of pressure to get it right the first time, kinda disappointed to alert my family about the news since they’ve always had big expectations for me

My first time applying, I just feel a lot of pressure to get it right the first time, kinda disappointed to alert my family about the news since they’ve always had big expectations for me
Either way, I think your family will be proud of you soldiering through and fighting for your dreams. If you really want to be a doctor you can't let a little defeat get in your way.

I know there has not been a post on here for a while, but I am hoping to apply for the 2019-2020 and couldn't find a thread. Application opens August and I am preparing so far. Were any of you able to get in or be willing to be probed with questions about the PSP. I attended one event that my friend invited me to which was awesome and solidified my desire for this program.

I know there has not been a post on here for a while, but I am hoping to apply for the 2019-2020 and couldn't find a thread. Application opens August and I am preparing so far. Were any of you able to get in or be willing to be probed with questions about the PSP. I attended one event that my friend invited me to which was awesome and solidified my desire for this program.

I think the new thread will get posted closer to the time the application opens. I am a former PSP so if you have some q’s feel free to shoot them my way and I’ll try my best to answer.

Im not sure if anyone still checks this at all, but I was wondering if anyone knew what types of questions were asked on the application. Where they similar to the secondaries for the MD application or totally different ?

Im not sure if anyone still checks this at all, but I was wondering if anyone knew what types of questions were asked on the application. Where they similar to the secondaries for the MD application or totally different ?
There is some overlap with like 3 questions between the regular MD and PSP questions. In addition, there are questions asking you to elaborate on disadvantages in your life and experiences working with the underserved/vulnerable populations.