2017-2018 University of Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m getting the impression that thy are filling their spots with IS students before moving to OOS.
Especially that based on their “admission tracker” page, the number of interviews offered to OOS has not changed since early December but more than 50 IS applicants have been interviewed since then.
so far all the people who have been accepted in the past month have been IS, I think your hypothesis is right. Maybe all OOS are being waitlisted. Any recent OOS students admitted?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also thinking that since 12/5 heard 2/9
1/12 will hear 2/23
That 1/5 will hear 2/16 (tomorrow!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got the your application is under review email

STILL on the interview waitlist since September.

Does anyone know how likely it is to get accepted at this point if you are getting the emails saying "not this time but maybe next time"? Are all of us getting these emails probably going to just get waitlisted or declined or does anyone know how this works from previous years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how likely it is to get accepted at this point if you are getting the emails saying "not this time but maybe next time"? Are all of us getting these emails probably going to just get waitlisted or declined or does anyone know how this works from previous years?

When I interviewed here in 2016, a friend and I both got those emails until the very last day of the cycle when she got in and I got wait listed. So it really could go several ways still!

Reactions: 5 users
for those who have gotten acceptances after interviewing, when does the call or email typically come out? I know im not gonna sleep well tonight so just trying to plan when to wake up LOL

for those who have gotten acceptances after interviewing, when does the call or email typically come out? I know im not gonna sleep well tonight so just trying to plan when to wake up LOL
Rooting for you tomorrow!:clap: I've received quite a few of the "we've accepted people today, but not you" emails now, and they've typically been at 10:30ish GMT, although a few have been later in the day.

Rooting for you tomorrow!:clap: I've received quite a few of the "we've accepted people today, but not you" emails now, and they've typically been at 10:30ish GMT, although a few have been later in the day.
Thanks so much, I'm gonna need a lot of prayers! I'm surprised 1/5 have not heard yet, and would have expected that they hear last week. Its going to be a big pile then because it will probably be like 60 students waiting to hear. Last I checked on interview date they had almost half their class acceptances to give out. I hope and pray to God that if I don't hear back tomorrow that I will hear by March. The wait is debilitating, I just want to know what I'm going to do for the rest of my life...pray for me folks

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS GREAT!!! U of A Tucson, truly employs holistic review. I am so excited, so happy. I cannot wait to make a difference there.
Lizzy M 57

Reactions: 16 users
I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS GREAT!!! U of A Tucson, truly employs holistic review. I am so excited, so happy. I cannot wait to make a difference there.
Lizzy M 57

Awesome!! Congrats! Are you in state or out of state?

Interviewed 1/19 and haven’t heard anything... I guess will have to wait another 1-2 weeks

Lizzy M 57
CONGRATS! How did they tell you, via call or email? Just wondering!

Did any other 1/5, 1/12, or 1/19 people hear back today? Responses seem surprisingly low

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Did any other 1/5, 1/12, or 1/19 people hear back today? Responses seem surprisingly low

Im 1/12 and heard nothing. I’m really surprised to not get the email about how a round of acceptances went out, but I’m still under consideration. Did anyone get that?? Also I’m IS, so maybe they just did OOS yesterday?? Desperately trying to find a pattern here, lol!

Im 1/12 and heard nothing. I’m really surprised to not get the email about how a round of acceptances went out, but I’m still under consideration. Did anyone get that?? Also I’m IS, so maybe they just did OOS yesterday?? Desperately trying to find a pattern here, lol!
I also did not receive the email yesterday! I'm also IS so it is possible they only did OOS y'day. In any case, I think it is very likely you will hear back next week (trust me in that you'll go crazy if you start looking for patterns lol).

I am OOS and still under consideration and usually get emails when they make decisions saying "not this time but maybe next time", and I didn't get one of those yesterday either! Not sure what patterns we can find, maybe they did an unexpected round of acceptances yesterday? does anyone know how often they make acceptance decisions?

I also did not receive the email yesterday! I'm also IS so it is possible they only did OOS y'day. In any case, I think it is very likely you will hear back next week (trust me in that you'll go crazy if you start looking for patterns lol).
I think it’s too late for my sanity!! Lol

But seriously, it does bother me that schools aren’t more transparent in this process. We are all scientists: it’s ingrained in us to look for patterns and try to discern trends! Haha

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if they are still reviewing applications every two weeks or are they going to start reviewing every week since interviews should be over now?

Finally rejected over the weekend. A bummer, but not surprising.. and also a relief- I have been on the interview waitlist since October.

For those of you that heard back, how long after you got the Under Review email did you hear a decision? Interviewed 1/19 but still haven't even gotten the Under Review email

Has anyone that interviewed 1/5 heard back at all? I haven’t heard a peep.. not even an under review email..

Has anyone that interviewed 1/5 heard back at all? I haven’t heard a peep.. not even an under review email..
Same for me too! Haven't heard anything - not even under review, although the portal shows the exclamation point for under review. They told us we would hear something middle to late February, right? Which is down to today or tomorrow... I am just hoping and hoping and trying not to go too crazy at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
I am in the same boat. I have not heard a peep since interview day. However, ATP Synthase was accepted and I believe he/she interviewed on 1/12. :/

I didn't get an email but was rejected last Friday. Shows "declined admission" in the portal. Just a heads up for anyone else

Anyone hear anything today (any decision movements)?

Has anyone heard anything today?
Nothing. I interviewed 1/12 and haven’t even received the “you’re still under consideration email”. It’s ok, though...they’re worth the wait :)

Reactions: 1 users