2017-2018 University of Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Even though I'm hoping for today, I'm guessing that we will not hear anything til next Friday. The waiting game is stressful.

I checked in the portal and they seemed to have sent out some acceptances today because it had a status update with the "we chose more people, but not you" email thing. For some reason, I did not recieve the actual email, but the status update was in the portal, so maybe check there?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I checked in the portal and they seemed to have sent out some acceptances today because it had a status update with the "we chose more people, but not you" email thing. For some reason, I did not recieve the actual email, but the status update was in the portal, so maybe check there?
I got the same thing in my portal as well. No email.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there has been any in-state post-interview rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)

Same. Were there any acceptances today?

Does any1 know when waitlists / rejections come in? Next week?

+2
According to last year's posts on SDN and their twitter feed, the final decisions were emailed out on 3/31. I'm assuming we will get them on Friday 3/30 or on 4/2 before they roll out their new thing for future applicants and re-applicants. Just a guess though. I wish they were as active with updates on their twitter account as they were last year.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. I am really interested in it. Does the CUP designation help with residency applications?
Honestly, probably not. Volunteering is important, but there is no benefit to having the CUP distinction. That's something I've been told by faculty.

Honestly, probably not. Volunteering is important, but there is no benefit to having the CUP distinction. That's something I've been told by faculty.
thanks for that feedback. What types of activities does being in CUP offer?

Anyone hear anything new on how many acceptances they have left or when they are going to finalize decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything new on how many acceptances they have left or when they are going to finalize decisions?
I believe it's the end of March. When I interviewed they said the latest we'd hear back about our status was the end of March. Sooo possibly this Friday?

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I’m hoping we hear back tomorrow. However at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if it took them another month or two...

So we should be hearing back today about our final statuses, since it is the last day of March during the work week... right? Has anyone heard anything yet today?

Last edited:
So we should be hearing back today about our final statuses, since it is the last day of March during the work week... right? Has anyone heard anything yet today?
No emails and no updates to my portal as of now. I'm assuming it won't happen until later in the day or some time next week.

Reactions: 3 users
They said “technically we can extend offers up until the day school starts” when someone asked the UACOM Twitter when they’re sending out final decisions.

Thanks Arizona for being so vague.

They said “technically we can extend offers up until the day school starts” when someone asked the UACOM Twitter when they’re sending out final decisions.

Thanks Arizona for being so vague.
That seems about right, that basically means that they can pull anyone off the waitlist anytime before school begins. However, they said they would notify us of our final status: accept, reject, or waitlist, by the end of March.

haven't received an email or call. just checked my portal and no news except there's an exclamation point icon for status next to my 'file under review'. idk what that means. Hoping i get in this year even tho its down to the line.

The UA COM outreach twitted that tomorrow is "Announcement Day." Hopefully that means that tomorrow we will hear back.

Got the ax today. IS interviewed in October. Looks like I'll be leaving AZ for school :( Enjoy AZ to those accepted; it's a beautiful state.

Rejected. IS. Not sure how I got into other state schools but not my own, but just shows this is definitely a crap shoot with no 'safeties' whatsoever

Yeah, rejected...Good luck to everyone though! I'd like to think that everything happens for a reason, and maybe this is just a necessary step to guide you towards a med school that accepts you as you are and will be a better fit :) Keep your chin up!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Rejected just now. Fun interview, great school! congrats to all that got accepted!

Rejected IS. Congrats to those who got accepted and best of luck to those on the wait list.

are you finding out via email? or portal status?

Rejected. OOS. Good luck to all of those still in the wait AND to the E2018 at Tucson! The weather was nice! I'm going to stay in my home state and enjoy the snow... :D

OOS rejection here as well. Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to everyone else that is still waiting to hear from other schools!!!

Waitlisted today. Interviewed late August. I’ve been accepted to my top choice DO program and school starts July 2 with a cross country move, however this is my top choice MD program and they can give me an acceptance all the way until July 23 so I’ve found myself in a little bit of a predicament. Hopefully I hear back sooner rather than later! Lol

Waitlisted today. Interviewed late August. I’ve been accepted to my top choice DO program and school starts July 2 with a cross country move, however this is my top choice MD program and they can give me an acceptance all the way until July 23 so I’ve found myself in a little bit of a predicament. Hopefully I hear back sooner rather than later! Lol
I've also been waitlisted! This is my only waitlist and I have zero acceptances. I interviewed first week of February.

Also waitlisted and also interviewed in late August! I am in the same boat of an acceptance to my top DO school starting in July. Really wish they gave a rank order for the waitlist to know if I have a chance at an acceptance or not. Fingers crossed for all of us to hear something sooner rather than later!

Also waitlisted and also interviewed in late August! I am in the same boat of an acceptance to my top DO school starting in July. Really wish they gave a rank order for the waitlist to know if I have a chance at an acceptance or not. Fingers crossed for all of us to hear something sooner rather than later!
On their dates and deadlines page they're giving students until April 30 to commit to UA. Is it right to guess a huge wave of waitlists will be pulled around this date?

On their dates and deadlines page they're giving students until April 30 to commit to UA. Is it right to guess a huge wave of waitlists will be pulled around this date?
I'm sure there will be a large wave at that time. However I also spoke to students on my interview day who were accepted off the waitlist the day before classes started...

I'm sure there will be a large wave at that time. However I also spoke to students on my interview day who were accepted off the waitlist the day before classes started...
Wow how stressful!! I guess I'll start prepping for the next app cycle just in case

For those rejected by UofA (and others) and disappointed:

I know it is absolutely disheartening to go through this process and end up with nothing, but keep the faith in yourself!

I applied last year and was rejected at the end of March, like many of you.

This year, I interviewed two months later than I interviewed last year, but was accepted in the first batch of students from my interview date.

Always be looking to improve yourself and your application. Find some volunteering you can be passionate about. Refine your essays and application as much as possible. Present your yourself with confidence in both your application and your interview. Most importantly, as cliched as this post has already been, never give up! Good luck!

They don't accept updates/letters of intent but from the previous years thread we should be getting 'you're still waitlisted' emails.

Has anyone who has been waitlisted received any kind of email?