2017-2018 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It feels like they knew from my primary they wouldn't accept me and just wanted my secondary $$

Man, the same thing happened to @TheOtherAlien where he submitted Sunday morning and was rejected Sunday evening. Doesn't seem like they could have learned that much from such a short time, and could have probably saved you the time/money by rejecting pre-secondary.

At the end of the day that's just the nature of the game, I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that! Best of luck for the rest of the process. Did you speculate as to why you might have been rejected?

Maybe the clinical experience listed above? I also don't have clinical research.

Stanford grad with a 3.8 sGPA, a balanced 515, and great ECs (fulbright scholar, started a nonprofit, work in software helping providers serve pts with chronic illness, volunteer in hospice and with the homeless, awesome letters of rec)

Maybe the clinical experience listed above? I also don't have clinical research.

Stanford grad with a 3.8 sGPA, a balanced 515, and great ECs (fulbright scholar, started a nonprofit, work in software helping providers serve pts with chronic illness, volunteer in hospice and with the homeless, awesome letters of rec)

Thanks for sharing! With numbers and activities like that I'm sure it will work out at many other schools!

II tonight! Any students that could tell me how their interview process generally works?

Reactions: 1 users
Should I be worried that I got screened out already? Primary submitted June 16th and took 3 weeks to get verified. Already got secondaries from UCSD and UCR. CA resident (literally live 10 mins from UCI). sGPA 3.98 and cGPA 3.96. 4/22 MCAT: 504 but I just took the 7/28 MCAT and I did mention on my primary that I took the 7/28 MCAT. UC Davis told me that they would send a secondary after they receive my 7/28 score, but I haven't heard anything from UCI.

Members don't see this ad :)
II tonight! Any students that could tell me how their interview process generally works?
Not a current student but interviewing soon. As far as I know, UCI does traditional interviews with 1 faculty and 1 student, open file. Also they have a "structured mini-interview" that's apparently like an MMI station.

Should I be worried that I got screened out already? Primary submitted June 16th and took 3 weeks to get verified. Already got secondaries from UCSD and UCR. CA resident (literally live 10 mins from UCI). sGPA 3.98 and cGPA 3.96. 4/22 MCAT: 504 but I just took the 7/28 MCAT and I did mention on my primary that I took the 7/28 MCAT. UC Davis told me that they would send a secondary after they receive my 7/28 score, but I haven't heard anything from UCI.
exact same situation. IS and only seconadries from riverside and sd so far

Still no secondary :( anyone else in a similar position?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How many activities did you guys add for each section? I misread and only added one per section that was most meaningful instead of multiple.

For both prompts 1 and 2 on the secondary, I'm not mentioning med school at all. I'm sticking strictly to the prompt and focusing on answering it thoroughly. However, do you guys think the ADCOMs would prefer us to parallel our answers to medicine?? My boyfriend said I should, but I think it may be inferred. Any thoughts?

How many activities did you guys add for each section? I misread and only added one per section that was most meaningful instead of multiple.

I messed up and added literally every relevant experience I have LOL

Dude you'll be A ok, probably with a lot of great offers. Would kill for ur sGPA

II today! IS, Lizzy M ~ 74

Reactions: 3 users
verified late june (IS) and still no secondary... same boat anyone?

Reactions: 1 user
Not a current student but interviewing soon. As far as I know, UCI does traditional interviews with 1 faculty and 1 student, open file. Also they have a "structured mini-interview" that's apparently like an MMI station.

Were there only 3 dates for you to choose from? Do you know if there will be later dates available?

Were there only 3 dates for you to choose from? Do you know if there will be later dates available?
There were only two dates available for me when I scheduled. If you can't make any of the dates you currently have, I suggest you email them.

Does anyone know if UCI accepts updates? I sent in my secondary a month ago and haven't heard back from them. But in the meantime I have finished all the prereqs they were asking for.

Just got an e-mail from them saying that due to the volume of applicants my file wont be reviewed until late February lol

Rejection email today. I was sort of prepared for it since I didn't have any where near the clinical hours they seem to want and not IS. Good luck to the rest of you!

Rejection email today. I was sort of prepared for it since I didn't have any where near the clinical hours they seem to want and not IS. Good luck to the rest of you!
How many do they want? also was it pre-secondary?

II!! :) super excited! LizzyM 74, IS, complete 7/12. There were only 2 dates in September available, none in October so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II today! First one and so excited yet nervous!

I am ORM, non-trad, lots of paid healthcare experience. LizzyM of about 66, with weak undergrad GPA and excellent post-bacc GPA. I was complete on 7/19

Reactions: 6 users

I am ORM, non-trad, lots of paid healthcare experience. LizzyM of about 66, with weak undergrad GPA and excellent post-bacc GPA. I was complete on 7/19
NIce! Are you IS?

If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take you to get your secondary?