2017-2018 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today by phone? They called me, I thought it was a prank, but then it turned out not to be a prank, I laughed, then I was like WTF. Then I scheduled it for very soon. AAHHHHHAHAHAHH

Edit: just got an email confirming that this was not a prank.
Lmao congrats, whats the area code LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lmao congrats, whats the area code LOL
310, it's the same number as listed on the msar page for their admissions office which was how I initially deduced it might not be a prank. Truly wasn't convinced until I got the email tho

Members don't see this ad :)
310, it's the same number as listed on the msar page for their admissions office which was how I initially deduced it might not be a prank. Truly wasn't convinced until I got the email tho

This is so awesome! Good luck!!

II today by phone? They called me, I thought it was a prank, but then it turned out not to be a prank, I laughed, then I was like WTF. Then I scheduled it for very soon. AAHHHHHAHAHAHH

Edit: just got an email confirming that this was not a prank.

See you here very soon! And of course, hope to see you here for the next four years starting in August :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
got that ucla/caltech mstp II!!!

Reactions: 11 users
So along with the phone call you get an e-mail? I missed a few phone calls from the LA area and am a little nervous it was them now that I know they do phone II.

Reactions: 2 users
So along with the phone call you get an e-mail? I missed a few phone calls from the LA area and am a little nervous it was them now that I know they do phone II.

I cant imagine they would cancel the commitees II cause you didnt set up a voicemail haha

Reactions: 1 users
How is the "scholarly project" only 300 characters with all the info they want!! Anyone else struggle with that space?

How is the "scholarly project" only 300 characters with all the info they want!! Anyone else struggle with that space?
Yep. I think I basically got the name of my thesis in before I ran out of space o_O

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who may be in a similar issue with an application not being marked as complete because LORs weren't marked as received:
After failing to connect on the phone, I wrote a quick email from the secondary portal, and then my letters were marked as received a few minutes later.

Does anybody have a good guess what criteria UCLA is using to give out secondaries? My impression is that they are pre-screening pretty heavily before sending out the secondary

Does anybody have a good guess what criteria UCLA is using to give out secondaries? My impression is that they are pre-screening pretty heavily before sending out the secondary
Pretty sure it's gpa mcat

I don't think its GPA + Mcat because I have two friends with LizzyM 58-61 ORM's who received the secondaries.

I'm assuming there's a preliminary screening for stats only, and then from there they use a holistic approach, similar to Vanderbilt. I got my secondaries here and at UCSD like 3-5 days after applying in Late August/September.

I submitted my secondary early August and just checked and noticed that my transcript hasn't been received :( It's never been an issue with the other schools I applied to, so was wondering if anyone else had this problem? My application is marked complete though

I submitted my secondary early August and just checked and noticed that my transcript hasn't been received :( It's never been an issue with the other schools I applied to, so was wondering if anyone else had this problem? My application is marked complete though

mine doesn't have any entry in the "date received" and "status" section either. im also marked complete

What transcript? Are you not verified? Schools don't request a direct transcript until you're accepted.

What transcript? Are you not verified? Schools don't request a direct transcript until you're accepted.

Ahh gotcha I mistakenly thought some of my other schools received it. Thanks!

II! Very pleasantly surprised because I wasn't expecting to hear back from California schools at all! :) Complete 8/15. Some people earlier in the thread mentioned that they were called, but I wasn't -- just sat dumbfounded when I recieved the email!

Reactions: 11 users
II this morning as well :) For those who are curious, I was not called!

Complete 8/02, MCAT 525, c/sGPA 3.75/3.68, OOS

Reactions: 7 users
II this morning as well :) For those who are curious, I was not called!

Complete 8/02, MCAT 525, c/sGPA 3.75/3.68, OOS

hmm, so is the adcom meeting on fridays? But the other guy got a call on monday, are they doing this on purpose

Woah, II as well!! OOS - definitely was not expecting that!! Complete early August

I received the secondary on 08/30 and submitted on 09/20. Would I still have a chance? URM LM 70

as a complete early sept, i guess theres a whole more month of waiting for me at the very least but glad to see the II rolling out!
congrats to all!

Reactions: 4 users
currently passing the time by re-reading my primary and ucla secondary, pretending to be an adcom

Reactions: 10 users
II as well this morning! Is anyone else not able to view the calendar?

currently passing the time by re-reading my primary and ucla secondary, pretending to be an adcom
i always get nervous that id catch a typo or something so cant touch my apps at all these days

I honestly try to never look at those unless absolutely necessary!

II. Complete 8/3, so I was in the 4000 character limit squad. Calendar isn't showing up for me either.

II this morning! Complete 8/1. GPA 3.86 MCAT 520. OOS.

Also to view the calendar you need to upload a photo first.

II this morning as well! Complete 8/8

Suffice it to say UCLA is interviewing very high stats applicants first?

II this morning! Complete 8/1. GPA 3.86 MCAT 520. OOS.

Also to view the calendar you need to upload a photo first.

Ah thanks. Can you change the photo afterwards? I’m taking a professional photo this weekend.

Ah thanks. Can you change the photo afterwards? I’m taking a professional photo this weekend.
I am pretty sure you can change it afterwards! The "Browse" and "Delete" buttons are still available.

Received a secondary a few weeks back. 3.47/509 CA resident and UCLA grad. Anyone know how holistically they look at applications? Wondering whether or not I should submit here.