2017-2018 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received a secondary a few weeks back. 3.47/509 CA resident and UCLA grad. Anyone know how holistically they look at applications? Wondering whether or not I should submit here.
If they sent you a secondary they means they are considering you so if the $100 or whatever isn't a big deal you should submit the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have interviews- What days has UCLA been offering interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my secondary after my updated MCAT scores came out yesterday. Is it still worth submitting the secondary this late in the cycle?

Just received my secondary after my updated MCAT scores came out yesterday. Is it still worth submitting the secondary this late in the cycle?

it appears they recently started sending out IIs, so yea I think it's worth it. especially since you received a secondary.

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like high stat IIs are going out first

Reactions: 5 users
Holy cow. Congrats on the interviews but if this is the trend, I don't stand a chance, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Latest I saw was the 16th of November, the earliest I saw was for next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy cow. Congrats on the interviews but if this is the trend, I don't stand a chance, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile
To make you feel better I'm a LizzyM 82 and have not heard back yet. At some schools it seemed like I was in the first round, but for others, I just got II's despite being complete within days of receiving the secondary. Unpredictablility seems to be the name of the game.

Does anyone here apply to the PRIME program as well? I have done my research and it seems like I won't be considered until after PRIME review and that won't happen until December. Is that true?

Does anyone here apply to the PRIME program as well? I have done my research and it seems like I won't be considered until after PRIME review and that won't happen until December. Is that true?
I did and I believe PRIME interviews are only held in January.

Any fellow 516-519ish, 3.8ish anxious to hear soon after they get through the superstar 520+ 3.9+ lool

Reactions: 10 users
Has Geffen always started with the superstars first or is it just this year?

Has Geffen always started with the superstars first or is it just this year?
I think that's always been the case for all schools. Mid-tier and low-mid tier applicants get their shot at IIs between mid October and Thanksgiving. The rest is a wild card.

I think that's always been the case for all schools. Mid-tier and low-mid tier applicants get their shot at IIs between mid October and Thanksgiving. The rest is a wild card.

I've started a countdown to Thanksgiving, everyone is telling me that is the point where ADCOMs begin transitioning to reviewing mostly post-II applications (90% of IIs will have been sent by the next 40 days)

Nah, in last years thread people got notified pre-II rejections.
So what you're saying is that I should prepare myself for next week's rejection, because judging by the stats, I don't stand a chance

Maybe thats only if you got a secondary, I was silently rejected presecondary last cycle xD

Nope, I was silently rejected post secondary last cycle. It might be a case-by-case thing as to whether they outright reject you or just let you sit in silence as they potentially could re-review your application.

I've started a countdown to Thanksgiving, everyone is telling me that is the point where ADCOMs begin transitioning to reviewing mostly post-II applications (90% of IIs will have been sent by the next 40 days)

90% seems a bit high. I would expect it to be more like 60-70%.

That is what I am worried about, that I won't be considered for the regular program until after PRIME decision.

Darn I didn’t the prime applicants were reviewed at such a delay. I know at Davis you get an acceptance then they look at you for prime (or so I believe).

Are you suggesting that it might be even smaller? I’d be onboard with that.
In my own delusions they're holding my II til later because they are so overwhelmed by the contents of my app ;) so I don't actually know.

Reactions: 7 users
Are we supposed to send transcripts to UCLA directly? There are blanks under the Transcripts page for date received and status. My application says complete though... o_O

Are we supposed to send transcripts to UCLA directly? There are blanks under the Transcripts page for date received and status. My application says complete though... o_O

I had the same question! You actually only send in transcripts once an admissions offer has been extended.

Just threw in my primary on the deadline on Oct 15 because I said why not. Secondary just recieved. OOS

Reactions: 6 users
Just threw in my primary on the deadline on Oct 15 because I said why not. Secondary just recieved. OOS
Any idea if they still send a lot of secondaries this time of year and what they look for in the primary to then send a secondary?

Sent from my SM-A300H using SDN mobile