2017-2018 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also interested in knowing ^
Plus, does DGSOM put anyone on an official WL? Or is it if you've been interviewed but haven't got rejected yet that you're on this "unofficial WL" ?
I believe there is no official waitlist similar to other schools but essentially, everyone who interviewed is placed on the waitlist and no one is rejected! that's why there is that notorious story of people not getting withdrawn from UCLA pool until like the year after

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently you can call and get your status. Good luck everybody!
What does that mean exactly? Assuming they're just gonna tell everyone that they're under consideration until seats open up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today via email! Interviewed mid February. Ah now I have to consider the school I emotionally committed to and started getting excited for vs UCLA which I initially wanted at first!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today via email! Interviewed mid February. Ah now I have to consider the school I emotionally committed to and started getting excited for vs UCLA which I initially wanted at first!
Congrats!

Congrats!!! So excited for you ^_^ That is a good dilemma to have right now my friend haha

Lol why you gotta expose people like that after @pink_peonies made a note about privacy? Not sure if you were joking, but don’t think they’ll care about deleted post. Anyways, thanks for the info on calling in!
Fine
Nice! What time did you find out??

I received the email at 4:30pm but didn’t see it until 5:30pm. Glad it didn’t go to spam like the interview invite did!

Also got an acceptance from UCLA on June 6th at around 4:30 PM. Interviewed early February. I was literally searching for roommates at USC when I got my email.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!! Just out of curiosity, did you send a letter of intent?

there was a lot of waitlist movement just recently according to gyngyn

Reactions: 1 users
called the school today but got to the voicemail. I guess they are busy at the beginning of a new application cycle.

Yeah same rejection earlier today via email. Kinda knew it was coming.

Best of luck to everyone in your future endeavors, at Geffen or otherwise!

On my portal, I don't have any tab indicating any status or update post Interview. Is that what everyone else's portal looks like?
Although at this point, I just want some closure to move on =(

I still have Status and Document Upload tabs. I think there was a decent wave but not everyone was rejected
On my portal, I don't have any tab indicating any status or update post Interview. Is that what everyone else's portal looks like?
Although at this point, I just want some closure to move on =(

I still have Status and Document Upload tabs. I think there was a decent wave but not everyone was rejected

Why would they reject some in the waitlist early? just curious... I remembered Dean Hall said they keep everyone on the waitlist until the application cycle ends, which is on orientation date 08/06.

Why would they reject some in the waitlist early? just curious... I remembered Dean Hall said they keep everyone on the waitlist until the application cycle ends, which is on orientation date 08/06.
Maybe other people can chime in but for me it was probably out of respect because I didn't have any other acceptances so they didn't want to keep me waiting before I sent in my reapplications.

I genuinely hope those waiting for word on the waitlist get good news. All the same, I thought I’d let everyone know that my portal still works, allows me to upload updates, etc.

I did email the committee recently asking about my status. Maybe they just decided to pull the plug since they were so certain I had no chance against others on the list lol.

I genuinely hope those waiting for word on the waitlist get good news. All the same, I thought I’d let everyone know that my portal still works, allows me to upload updates, etc.

I did email the committee recently asking about my status. Maybe they just decided to pull the plug since they were so certain I had no chance against others on the list lol.
I'm sorry to hear that. Was it a rejection email? Would you mind sharing what it said?

Has anyone not received a rejection at all? I’m assuming since orientation started that they would have sent out a mass wave.