2017-2018 University of California - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mandatory:
This should be a true autobiographical statement. Topics to be included are family, childhood, primary and secondary school years, undergraduate years, and, if applicable, what you’ve done since completing your bachelor’s degree. You should also discuss the motivational factors which led you to a career in medicine including any disadvantages or obstacles which might put your accomplishments into context. A repeat of your AMCAS statement will not be acceptable. (6000 char)

Please select from one of career pathways listed below. In addition to this selection, please provide a brief description of your future career goals: (400 char)

If applicable:
Please describe your interest in the PRIME-HEq program. Topics to include are longitudinal experiences that you’ve had with underserved communities, including the type of community that you’ve worked with and your level of involvement. Additionally, you should discuss the length of time that you’ve spent working in these communities. (4800 char)

Please describe your interest in Global Health. The term Global Health can have many meanings; for our purposes, we find the definition provided by Koplan et. al. in their 2009 Lancet publication useful: “the area of study, research and practice that places a priority on improving health and achieving equity in health for all people worldwide”. In your essay, be sure to describe any personal or professional experiences that have shaped your interests, and how Global Health issues have influenced your decision to pursue a career in medicine. (4800 char)

Please describe your interest in the MAS-Clinical Research program. Topics to include are your previous experience with clinical and/or translational research, your role within the research group, and what you envision for a career that includes clinical and/or translational research. A letter of recommendation from the individual supervising your previous experience is helpful but not required. (4800 char)

If yes, provide details concerning the date and place of arrest, the nature of the offense and the sentence and/or fine imposed: (500 char)

There's also space to add new meaningful experiences with a 100 char description

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback
University of California San Diego Interview Feedback
Interviewed at UCSD? Complete an Interview Feedback Survey!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email saying my application has been received, please allow 1-8 weeks for screening before a "possible" secondary. Anyone know what their screen is like?

got the same message, what does it MEANN???

Members don't see this ad :)
got the same message, what does it MEANN???

?
It means they received your application and they will let you know if they are interested in sending you a secondary. Its not a code.

Reactions: 4 users
?
It means they received your application and they will let you know if they are interested in sending you a secondary. Its not a code.

Yes, I figured. I was kidding because when I initially saw the email I thought "yayie! Secondary for UCSD" until I read it, and I was like "what the hell UCSD, just tell me when I get the secondary pls".

Reactions: 1 user
So, no one has actually gotten a secondary yet?

So, no one has actually gotten a secondary yet?
Someone on Reddit, who was a California resident, claimed to have received a secondary an hour after the email that people had described above. With a LizzyM score of 75. My guess is that's a lie but I have no proof. Possible the prescreen for CA residents is minimal. Would have thought it would have appeared on this thread if it were true

Someone on Reddit, who was a California resident, claimed to have received a secondary an hour after the email that people had described above. With a LizzyM score of 75. My guess is that's a lie but I have no proof. Possible the prescreen for CA residents is minimal. Would have thought it would have appeared on this thread if it were true
lol I saw the same post, I responded to it! yea I doubt that's the case, I know a couple of peeps with similar or higher lizzyMs that applied 1st day and didn't get one yet. I'm sure come Monday they will start sending them out.

FYI, last year secondaries were received around July 8th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't UCSD screen pretty heavily for high stats applicants?

A part of me is happy they haven't sent our their secondary yet, I'm already behind as is (if I receive it)

Reactions: 1 users
A part of me is happy they haven't sent our their secondary yet, I'm already behind as is (if I receive it)
i feel exactly the same way haha. still trying to finish other secondaries so i don't mind that this one isn't out yet.

secondary just received! Happy that I got it, but intimidated by the autobiography I have to write now...

Reactions: 3 users
Secondary received. Lived in La Jolla during high school and would love to go back!

Aaron Rodgers got a secondary!!! Is this what winning a super bowl feels like, its been so long I forgot!!

Aaron Rodgers got a secondary!!! Is this what winning a super bowl feels like, its been so long I forgot!!

Any idea if they're releasing the secondary in batches or if it's slowly trickling out?

No secondary yet - but got secondaries from UCSF and UCLA. Hopefully will come soon

Any idea if they're releasing the secondary in batches or if it's slowly trickling out?

It started trickling last night with 2 SDNers and no one said anything for a while, it seems like a big wave is being sent today. Every UC does it in waves so I think SD is too.

Received the secondary!

I was wondering if not getting into the one of the concentrations that you apply for jeopardizes your chances of getting into the school entirely. Does anyone have any insight?

what criteria are used for prescreening at UCSD?

Reactions: 1 users
IS, got secondary!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk