2017-2018 University of California - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know where the 2017 match list can be found?

Members don't see this ad.

Was accepted to PRIME recently!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any advice if you have been accepted to two schools you love that have second looks on the same weekend? SOS.

Does anyone have any advice if you have been accepted to two schools you love that have second looks on the same weekend? SOS.

Congrats on UCLA AND UCSD Acceptance! Go with your gut and whichever school you think you have the stronger interest or the school you are interested in learning more about.

Reactions: 1 user
I called financial aid today and was told that merit scholarships can come out from March - May...

I just got the estimated financial aid- just to clarify does anyone know if the grant/scholarships in there are merit aid or not?

Does anyone want to call them about merit scholarships / financial aid .______. I will be infinitely grateful

Lol I called them twice in March and got no helpful info :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have a question about the waitlist update they ask for in may and I was hoping someone could help. Fisrt does anyone know how long it should be? I assume they will tell us when we get the email but I would like to start working on it now. Also I have been accepted elsewhere and while UCSD is my first choice and I am going to include a letter of intent in my update, the other school starts very early (july 9th) which I know is still during the window UCSD offers spots off the waitlist. Is it ok to include that information as well as the start date in the update so they know that I can't accept an offer after july 9th or do you think that will put me at a disadvantage?

Withdrawing acceptance. Good luck everyone : ), the students at SD (and everyone I was fortunate enough to meet at second look) are lit AF.

Reactions: 13 users
I heard back but I had to deny. I originally intended to do the summer program, and set my move in date for June. But I decided not to and moved my move in date.

Has anyone heard from financial aid? Or have I missed something.

I received the estimate but never anything official

Has anyone heard from financial aid? Or have I missed something.

I received the estimate but never anything official
I also just received an estimate and they said the final award will come in July/August, but I will be withdrawing

To withdraw, do we just need to send an email to admissions? I did that a few days ago, got no reply, and had astudent reach out to me yesterday as well...just want to make sure I'm not missing anything

Anyone on the waitlist? Waiting on the admissions office to contact us first about our continued interest at this point.

Just received their email to express interest, good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone receive a confirmation that their update was received? Is that a thing? o_O

Did anyone receive a confirmation that their update was received? Is that a thing? o_O

Sent it may 1st and no confirmation. I dont think we will get one. Either just silence or good news :) last year's thread indicates the admissions office is receptive to phone calls asking about waitlist movements and class size... If anyone is brave enough to call :p

I think it's the norm... I didn't get a confirmation either. Also - I'm not brave enough to call

not brave enough either. LOL

29kydb.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I called and they said they expect to pull maybe around twenty students from the waitlist and that movement will possibly start next week. No hard answers but that's the gist I got.

Reactions: 3 users
I called and they said they expect to pull maybe around twenty students from the waitlist and that movement will possibly start next week. No hard answers but that's the gist I got.

thanks for calling them! next week sounds right...last year the waitlist started moving on May 9th.

Anyone know the number of people on the waitlist?

according to MSAR it's ~300. I'm unsure what the number is once we account for people who voluntarily withdrew their apps.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted from the waitlist!

Reactions: 11 users
welp, does this mean a good amount of waitlist spots are gone?

Accepted off the waitlist! Can’t believe it. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! Did you just receive an email? Or was it earlier in the day? Also, do you mind sharing your LM score?
Got the email earlier today. LM 75, interviewed in January.

According to gyngyn there were double digit number of acceptances off the waitlist yesterday. It's not over yet though!

Last edited: