2017-2018 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, they are giving out March 2nd interviews and March 5th is the last interview day. I think it's time to throw in the towel.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, they are giving out March 2nd interviews and March 5th is the last interview day. I think it's time to throw in the towel.

Hoping you hear from them - UCF is a pretty cool school and you seem like a fairly cool person. I’d love to see you get an interview!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What a sad reality :( Maybe they will call today... who knows. It's not over till it's over!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook group?

What a sad reality :( Maybe they will call today... who knows. It's not over till it's over!
Yes we are getting down to the final bell with so many solid applicants left to interview. I anticipate another ~10 days to fill the final few openings left.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes we are getting down to the final bell with so many solid applicants left to interview. I anticipate another ~10 days to fill the final few openings left.

Here’s to hoping while I nervously F5 refresh my email!

I will be watching my phone for a Florida area code!

Openings for final interviews or actual seats?

Members don't see this ad :)
@REL would it be too late to send in an update? I just received a notification this morning for something which I had been waiting months to hear about. I would love to share it with your institution.

@REL would it be too late to send in an update? I just received a notification this morning for something which I had been waiting months to hear about. I would love to share it with your institution.
Considering they let you upload updates through the portal you’re only missing out on a opportunity by not uploading it

Interview offers; there are always acceptances available for those groups that interview.
Good :) looks like I will continue checking my phone for a 407 number!

anyone has an idea of a good yet cheap place to stay overnight? I've contacted the homestay program but they still haven't gotten back to me

anyone has an idea of a good yet cheap place to stay overnight? I've contacted the homestay program but they still haven't gotten back to me
They usually get back to you exactly one week before your interview day. You can always email them to follow up if you haven't heard back yet, too! (Or at least, that was my experience when I interviewed last cycle)

Well, I rushed to send my update letter this morning. I found a typo after I sent it... gah.. :bang:

They usually get back to you exactly one week before your interview day. You can always email them to follow up if you haven't heard back yet, too! (Or at least, that was my experience when I interviewed last cycle)
i followed up last week and today. they said they would tell me by earlier this week. but no response to my second followup

i followed up last week and today. they said they would tell me by earlier this week. but no response to my second followup
I have heard some applicants that have spoken well of a "Sleep Inn" which is located just north of the airport. They said cost was good as well. I don't know any more about it.

I am interviewing Friday (getting there Thursday) and was just contacted a few hours ago.

I was contacted by the homestay program earlier this afternoon! thanks for all the help!

Accepted via the phone call yesterday!:wow: So, so honored! OOS

Reactions: 6 users
Just a note, some schools may be urging you to make decisions during this time. There is no reason to make any decisions until April 30 unless it is YOUR decision. Some programs will try to offer scholarships with the understanding that you will withdraw from all other programs --- don't fall for this, it is against the spirit of the traffic rules. Some will "help" you find housing and urge you to pay the down payment trying to lock you into their program. If they are pressuring you to do these things they are not thinking of you. What else may they be doing that you do not understand? You probably won't find these things out until you matriculate and it is too late. Take your time, be sure your selection is your choice.

Reactions: 10 users
Just a note, some schools may be urging you to make decisions during this time. There is no reason to make any decisions until April 30 unless it is YOUR decision. Some programs will try to offer scholarships with the understanding that you will withdraw from all other programs --- don't fall for this, it is against the spirit of the traffic rules. Some will "help" you find housing and urge you to pay the down payment trying to lock you into their program. If they are pressuring you to do these things they are not thinking of you. What else may they be doing that you do not understand? You probably won't find these things out until you matriculate and it is too late. Take your time, be sure your selection is your choice.

Thank you for the info, and glad to see UCF doesn’t play games.

So for those who were put on the wait-list 1/24 when should we expect to hear any news about wait-list movement?

So for those who were put on the wait-list 1/24 when should we expect to hear any news about wait-list movement?
Given how close we are to the end of the cycle, I would presume that most of the movement will come in April. Where are you on the waitlist? Based on historical norms, that should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. Good luck, the wait is almost over!

I was told I was pretty high up in the top 1/3rd and I know that "historically" they accept everyone in the top 1/3rd and some in the 2/3rd but still not having an acceptance has been messing with my head a bit. Just wanted to see when I should be expecting to hear back.

I was told I was pretty high up in the top 1/3rd and I know that "historically" they accept everyone in the top 1/3rd and some in the 2/3rd but still not having an acceptance has been messing with my head a bit. Just wanted to see when I should be expecting to hear back.
It is very easy to stress in this process, especially if you do not have an acceptance offer in hand. If you are in our upper 1/3 the only thing to be determined is when the call comes. This is based on history, but I would bet heavily that you are very safe and will get an offer from us. If this offer does not come during the committee process (last meeting end of March) it will likely come in April. As you know from interview day, I want us to be transparent in our process so that applicants understand how we do business and what your probably outcome will be as we go through this period of waiting together.

Reactions: 3 users
We are really, really close to having all interview seats filled, we need a handful of names to complete the interview process.

If we are out-of-state applicants who have yet to receive any update other than the "Eligible for Interview Selection" is it safe to assume that we will not receive an interview invitation at this point?

Reactions: 1 users
It is very easy to stress in this process, especially if you do not have an acceptance offer in hand. If you are in our upper 1/3 the only thing to be determined is when the call comes. This is based on history, but I would bet heavily that you are very safe and will get an offer from us. If this offer does not come during the committee process (last meeting end of March) it will likely come in April. As you know from interview day, I want us to be transparent in our process so that applicants understand how we do business and what your probably outcome will be as we go through this period of waiting together.

Thanks @REL , definitely helps the nerves and looking forward to that call.

Thank you for all the support on here REL! As the final interviews are conducted is it possible for a students rank on the list to drop?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If we are out-of-state applicants who have yet to receive any update other than the "Eligible for Interview Selection" is it safe to assume that we will not receive an interview invitation at this point?
I would not call the game yet, but we are definitely in the final "two minute" warning part of the game. If you are really interested it might be time to email to MD admissions let them know of your continued interest.

Reactions: 2 users
I would not call the game yet, but we are definitely in the final "two minute" warning part of the game. If you are really interested it might be time to email to MD admissions let them know of your continued interest.

Glad to know there is still a slight chance! Thanks @REL

When we post updates does the admissions committee see them or do we have to email to notify tht we have submitted an update

Thank you @REL! I have already submitted a letter of interest which the Committee has acknowledged. I really hope to get an interview here soon.

does this have to be a long email including update or short statement of continued interest

Just emailed a letter of interest. I really hope it is received well because I would love to interview here!

A couple of sentences are fine, we don't need a "War and Peace" update here.

What email do we send our continued letter of interest to? Is this the same as updating my application or do I need to do a separate email? I've been combining the two things.