2017-2018 University of Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Silence is killing me. Submitted 08/01. OOS but very very strong ties to CT and really hoping to hear back soon. Would love to move to CT and be close to my family. Congrats to all who got IIs so far!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like decisions are coming our way tomorrow... I have no proof though

Members don't see this ad :)
To the folks who interviewed Aug/Early Sept, did they mention if you would hear back close to the 15th or late Oct?

To the folks who interviewed Aug/Early Sept, did they mention if you would hear back close to the 15th or late Oct?
Early Sept here. I can't remember exactly, but I believe so. I think UConn is just slow with admissions in general, I wouldn't worry much.

I called them to try and find more information. They were pretty vague and said by the end of next week for sure. However, they were pretty unclear so I would guess we could hear at any time!

Reactions: 2 users
I really had hope that today was going to be the day... anyone hear anything?

Last edited:
no, also haven't heard anything. Interviewed first week of September though so our time is soon.

ACCEPTED!!! VIA EMAIL!!!! IN-state, first interview date in Sept

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo! Congrats on acceptance!! Fingers crossed for everyone else who interviewed - cross yours for me to get an II

Interviewed here a couple days ago as an IS applicant. Absolutely loved the school and the process. Super low key and relaxing. Dr. Regan and everyone else really sold UConn. Just gotta wait a few weeks for a decision.

Alternate List. First decision of the season, :( stings a bit. There's still hope though...

Accepted here today, LizzyM 73, interviewed late September. First acceptance and thrilled!!

Reactions: 1 users
Have any out of staters received interviews or acceptances yet? Thank you!

In-state, UConn undergrad, LM 66, Complete 08/28 and I've heard nothing yet

Were you instate or out of state? My LizzyM is much less than yours and this is my only II so I'm hella worried
IS, it was my first interview of the season, so I was hella nervous, but overall felt good about the interviews. They're super casual. Good luck!

For those accepted, how long did it take for you to receive the email with instructions on how to hold your seat? I got the acceptance email on Thursday, but still waiting for further correspondence

Alternate List. First decision of the season, :( stings a bit. There's still hope though...
I'm sorry to hear that, but there is definitely a lot of hope based off last years' movement! Would you mind telling me if you were a UConn Undergrad?

Last edited:
For those accepted, how long did it take for you to receive the email with instructions on how to hold your seat? I got the acceptance email on Thursday, but still waiting for further correspondence
Also accepted on Thursday and still waiting.

I'm sorry to hear that, but there is definitely a lot of hope based off last years' movement! Would you mind telling me if you were a UConn Undergrad?
Not an undergrad. Not originally from CT, but been living here for the past 2 years and lots of family here.

Who here had an October interview and received a decision already? My II was the 23rd and I would like to see what the realistic timeline is for hearing back.

Hey I think I was in your interview group! It was super low-key, and all the other applicants were a joy to be around, it seems like they pick people with really interesting backgrounds.
Interviewed here a couple days ago as an IS applicant. Absolutely loved the school and the process. Super low key and relaxing. Dr. Regan and everyone else really sold UConn. Just gotta wait a few weeks for a decision.
nwas

Has anyone from mid october interviews heard back?

Last edited:
Has anyone from mid october interviews heard back?
I interviewed the 16th and they said we were the last group that would hear back by the end of October. I'm guessing tomorrow, because I heard they don't send out decisions on Monday due to them holding interviews.

I interviewed the 16th and they said we were the last group that would hear back by the end of October. I'm guessing tomorrow, because I heard they don't send out decisions on Monday due to them holding interviews.
Thank you!! The stress is too real

Do you know how they notify students of the acceptance/rejection?

Did anyone else who interviewed on the 16th hear anything yet?

...rejected...

That sucks.. I'm sorry to hear. I got rejected at my top choice a couple weeks ago, and it definitely still hurts to think about but I promise it gets better as long as you try to stay positive about the rest of your school list. Would you mind elaborating on why you think they rejected you? If not, thats cool. Best of luck for the future!