2017-2018 University of Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we able to send updates/letter of intent post-II? If so, do we just email them? I didn't see anywhere on the portal for this.

Members don't see this ad.

Sign up for Second Look March 9-10!! For those waiting to hear back/interviewing good luck, everyone else hang in there! More info is posted on the Class of 2022 Fb group

Sign up for Second Look March 9-10!! For those waiting to hear back/interviewing good luck, everyone else hang in there! More info is posted on the Class of 2022 Fb group
Is it only for accepted students, or are waitlisted applicants invited as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long do they send IIs for? I'm IS and went here for undergrad and heard nothing since beginning of August!

Reactions: 1 users
Are we able to send updates/letter of intent post-II? If so, do we just email them? I didn't see anywhere on the portal for this.
After my interview, they basically told us they want you to send an update letter. I sent my update (with a statement of intent) to the admissions department email within a few days of my interview

Does anyone know when onsite interviews end?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody have a gauge on when the waitlist rankings should be released? This is my top choice and I am dying to hear if I have a shot!

Does anybody have a gauge on when the waitlist rankings should be released? This is my top choice and I am dying to hear if I have a shot!
According to last year's thread, they were told they would hear middle of April, ended up hearing middle of May, so we have quite some time.

Looking forward to it! What is the dress code for Second Look? This is my first one

Edit: got the info from the email!

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I just received an interview invitation. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with the interview. Was it very question heavy? or more conversational? etc..
Congrats! I can't answer your questions sorry but do you know how many more days they have for interviews? Online it says they send invites through march

Accepted on Thursday!!!!! So excited for this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same with my 66 LM. I wonder if I should even bother trying again next year.
I didn't get an interview last year, reapplied this year, and was accepted. I reapplied to a few of the same schools, but UConn is the only one who responded back positively with the second try! I've heard they appreciate perseverance and when applicants commit to making their application better. Don't lose hope!!!

Rejected IS went there for undergrad and had 3 other interviews so who knows

Just some info for current applicants and future applicants from a Dr. Regan (dean of admissions) presentation that may be helpful:

Average acceptance to UConn: 80th percentile MCAT, 3.7 sGPA/GPA, 80% CT state residents (alittle preference to Maine, NH, RI b/c they don't have state schools but not as much as CT resident), and 60% of matriculants took a gap year. UConn has more of an emphasis on clinical exposure/volunteering over research in terms of what they are looking for in applicants

Hey guys, I've been lurking this thread a long time and finally made an account because I have a question.

I was accepted March 21 via email, and then received emails in the next few days about the enrollment deposit/technical standards agreement (both of which I completed) and applying for financial aid. I received my snail-mail acceptance letter about a week ago, and it was just a single piece of paper in a regular envelope that said basically the same thing the acceptance email said. My portal says I've been at the "Confirm Acceptance Stage since 03/23/2018" and that their last contact with me was "Interview Pending on 02/07/2018."

This is my only acceptance so far so I don't really know how it's supposed to work, but I guess I expected to receive more info by now. So my question is, is this normal? Was I supposed to get anything else? The paranoid part of my brain is telling me they accepted me by mistake and that's why I haven't heard anything else lmao.

I guess I expected to receive more info by now. So my question is, is this normal? Was I supposed to get anything else? The paranoid part of my brain is telling me they accepted me by mistake and that's why I haven't heard anything else lmao.

Nope, that’s pretty much it. Unless they also accepted me by mistake...

Nope, that’s pretty much it. Unless they also accepted me by mistake...
Lol okay great, thanks!

Another question - what are we supposed to be putting for our Student ID on the fin aid application forms? Is it the number we use to login to our portals?

Lol okay great, thanks!

Another question - what are we supposed to be putting for our Student ID on the fin aid application forms? Is it the number we use to login to our portals?

They told me it was OK to leave that line blank, and they’ll fill it in later. Also the email address, because it specifically asks for your UConn health email.

Also, congratulations on the acceptance!

Hey guys, I've been lurking this thread a long time and finally made an account because I have a question.

I was accepted March 21 via email, and then received emails in the next few days about the enrollment deposit/technical standards agreement (both of which I completed) and applying for financial aid. I received my snail-mail acceptance letter about a week ago, and it was just a single piece of paper in a regular envelope that said basically the same thing the acceptance email said. My portal says I've been at the "Confirm Acceptance Stage since 03/23/2018" and that their last contact with me was "Interview Pending on 02/07/2018."

This is my only acceptance so far so I don't really know how it's supposed to work, but I guess I expected to receive more info by now. So my question is, is this normal? Was I supposed to get anything else? The paranoid part of my brain is telling me they accepted me by mistake and that's why I haven't heard anything else lmao.
Hey, i was in the same boat as you. Basically I received the same thing, in a couple days you’ll also get the background check email. They pretty much said that you won’t get much for now until after April 30th, and then you’ll start receiving more forms to fill and more information. So don’t worry about it. You’re up-to-date on everything.

Ah okay, that makes sense that they wait till after April 30. Thank you!

To those on the alternate list, the rankings should be released after May 1st according to the admissions office.

To those on the alternate list, the rankings should be released after May 1st according to the admissions office.
Did they tell you that recently? Last year, early on they told applicants middle of April, but they heard back middle of May. Hope they let us know sooner rather than later!

Did they tell you that recently? Last year, early on they told applicants middle of April, but they heard back middle of May. Hope they let us know sooner rather than later!
I got this after an update yesterday: "Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. The alternate list will be ranked after May 1st and once it has been ranked you will be updated via email from our office." Therefore it could be even later than May 1st

Has anyone received their Finacial Aid package yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Any word about ranking order or WL movement yet?

Withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Withdrew my acceptance late last week. Wishing those on the wait list all the best!

weird how nobody has heard anything yet about movement or ranking
So the rankings finally came in today and high alternate here. Anyone else know how much movement is there off the waitlist this year? And how many people are usually on the waitlist?

So has really no one gotten their financial aid packages yet? It seems late. When are we supposed to get them?

Haven't gotten mine either.. was wondering the same thing
I called them up this morning they said they have started compiling the packages and will send them out in the next few weeks. She basically said next month they should be coming out.

Does anyone know when/where we are supposed to send final transcripts?

received high alternate ranking on May 15, has anyone heard of any movement? Wondering if it's slower this year because of new dean

Are accepted students no longer able to log in on the portal? I tried yesterday and it wouldn’t let me in anymore.

for those anxiously waiting like me, was told this morning that there has been no wait list movement yet

what is the interview day format? what is the group interview like?